It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Back from the Dead’ West Australian MD Dead for 55-85 [evidently depending on criteria] minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Thank you, are you gone yet? I can only hope someone as negative and mean hearted would exit this building because it is people like you who are constantly causing wars and strife against another human being. It is so sad and so childish.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Taken in its simplicity, it is an amazing story, yet it false to a great extent. Yes, his heart was stopped for tens of minutes. But his blood supply was kept pumping, if irregularly, by compression and the many shocks. Finally, we are told that oxygen was still being pumped in even after his "death." Basically, he was supplied with a crude "heart-lung system that took over for the heart.

You see the problem with this "miracle" story? It is made even more unsatisifying when he wants to believe that he was chosen by God not to die that day. What I find troubling is that as an MD, he wants to glorify his faith for his continued survival. Since he was "dead," it must have beeon God alone that recovered him for some sort of mission--Oh, wait, I understand that mission. I see it before my very eyes!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
Although I believe in NDE this was not one. Just a Revival. Being that it was in some village medical center..the odds are he was still alive they just didn't have the technology to hear its slow beat.

What a brazen assumption!

Check out the details . . .

It is likely the small rural clinic was not prepared to do open heart surgery or heart replacement surgery.

However, equipment to detect a heart beat or brain waves is not all that rare. Australia is not exactly Uganda.

We will never know.

Another brazen assumption. We may well know at any point over the next several years . . . if and when that aspect of the story becomes more public.

A true NDE is one that someone remembers being in a different place. This guy was clearly not that.

YET ANOTHER VERY BRAZEN ASSUMPTION!

The only thing we may say with SOME confidence is that the MD has not yet talked about such a Heavenly visitation etc.

I gather you've never withheld talking about something until you'd pondered the motivations, implications, consequences.

Evidently just blurting stuff right out in front of God and everyone the 2nd micro-second it has crossed your mind--without the least screening, pondering or thoughtfulness--is a chronic habit. Though I'm not real certain of that--it is a plausible explanation. Just one of several, I suppose.

It does NOT appear to be the Doc's habit, however. It might be wise to avoid ASSUMING that the Doc is like the bloke in one' s mirror.

As for all the God Schmod...what a waste of a story.

Waste? To whom? Not a waste to millions of Christians encouraged by his personal EXPERIENCE.

But then folks with an EXPERIENCE need never be one down from or at the mercy of folks with merely a shallow, half-baked argument.

Why does everything have to be so biblical.

Some of us are convinced that the Bible explains the maximum number of puzzle pieces in the highest quality way over the longest period and the widest breadth and depth. That has been our EXPERIENCE as we have compared the Biblical narrative about Life and human nature with our own experiences of life and human nature.

Asking why everything has to be so Biblical, for us, is about as sensible as asking why there has to be gravity or air or water or rocks or radishes or rabbits or man.

We find the Bible best describes WHAT IS.

It would be foolish, TO US, to talk about WHAT IS divorced from the Biblical narrative and perspective.

Why are you people always thanking [G]od.

Sensible, congruent, smart, wise, alert, perceptive, loving people tend to thank those who grace them with gifts--tangible and intangible gifts.

Evidently you've not experienced the pleasure of such thankfulness . . . or perhaps not that many loving people have thanked you for very much . . . if they've had occasion to.

Non Christians have similar experiences too...and yet they have no belief in your [G]od.

I gather you've not done extensive study into NDE's. The percentages describing God--even the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Peter, James and John . . . are much higher than any other descriptions. This is even true when the EXPERIENCERS are atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Moslems etc.

When will you finally look into yourself rather than looking into something else. You are your own creator.

NOT BY A TRILLION TRILLION TRILLION QUADRILLION GOOGLE MILES!

At this point in history . . . looking at the tyrannical satanic globalists on the brink of their genocidal determination to force the world's population down to 200 million . . . how anyone could think that any humans are their own creator is mystifying to the max.

I'm increasingly convinced that the root of unbelief is !REBELLION!

--first against God . . .

and given that . . .

THEN, increasingly against their own best interests as they sink deeper and deeper into the clutches of the enemy of their very personhood, essence, soul.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I appreciate your words of hope and confirmation once again that we are not in charge...Christ is and he made a promise.

I think that's a VERY critical issue.

Most naysayers are quite arrogantly confident about being their own deity.

Paradoxically, it seems to come USUALLY out of some level of attachment disorder and resulting insecurities . . . kind of a reaction formation jumping to the super arrogant perspective that they are loftier than God and in a great LOFTIER position from which to judge HIM! LOL.

That usually doesn't work out well for such folks. However, until the consequences occur more faithfully close in time to the triggers . . . they may continue to delude themselves that they manage their lives better than God would.

Mostly, they just want to do what they want to do the way they want to do it.

I forget if it was Julian or Aldous Huxley who declared that

'We killed God off so we could [copulate] like bunnies.'

(my fairly close paraphrase).

They also fail to understand that being a love slave of Jesus Christ means MAXIMUM FREEDOM and becoming the MOST FULFILLED, JOY-FILLED, OVERCOMING, ENLARGED us, WE COULD POSSIBLY BECOME--eternally.

Slavery to one's own lusts, habits, tunneled vision . . . that's true and horrific slavery. What a spiral down that is to an increasingly narrowed, confining straight jacket of dead-end bleakness and nihilism that is!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

In the end . . .

our 'dream' will have

vastly more substance

and more ETERNAL substance

than the fantasies that leave God out.

I'm happy to be Yeshua's sheep any day.

He insures that the uniquely personal desires of my heart are fulfilled in abundance.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I think there are some bold assumptions in your explanation.

That's a lot of minutes for such fairly crude efforts in a small clinic to manage a life.

Perhaps an ATS atheist or agnostic MD or RN who's experienced in such matters

AND IS HONEST AND FAIR-MINDED

will examine the medical documents in great detail and give us their evaluation.

Your rationalization is not remotely convincing.

edit on 5/11/2011 by BO XIAN because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join