It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New danger of smoking ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Mods move if needed ty ,A MUST read if you smoke . I do smoke and this just happened to me less then 5 mints agaio . For 4 or 5 mints I was sure I was going to have to call EM workers .
Smoking the same smokes I always do regular not menthlo took a drag and started to breath it in half a second later my thought feels like its on fire almost like it was menthlo but 20 times stronger my lunges burned and are still burning a little even now 15 mints later luckly when i started breathing that drag in it started so fast as i stop befor i got the whole drag in and even with the small amount of smoke i did get I was sure i was going to pass out.
what every was in that smoke was not tabbaco they mixed something else in a constrated spot .
again im posting this as a warning to any who smoke be very carfull what ever it is will put you out if you take a full hit .
as for me up till 20 mints agaio i did care if i quite or what none smokers feel about it . and wile i am very aware it could kill me at 86 so what did not care to live to 100 and need dippers . But now considering what ever was in it could kill right out next stop morg well wile i dont mind if i die thats not how i want to go burning lungs which are still burning even now . Ps it is going away and the slight buzz it gave me is going as well . a scary experience.
scared to death to even smoke another what if the others have some in it to . O well gess its withdrawable time

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I think it's an omen to quit.

There is enough garbage in those cigarettes minus any new additives they might decide to use.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
i think you should see a doctor. are you having any trouble breathing?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yea man thats a bad sign, could just have a respiratory infection though. Either way, I would take it easy on the cig's for a little while.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
quitting smoking is the best option, best thing I ever did was going cold turkey almost 3 years ago now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This has happened to me as well a couple of times. It feels like I breathed in powdered pepper. You can't swallow or even drink anything for a minute or so afterwards.. It feels awkward to breathe. It only happens sometimes.

And yes. I am sitting here with a cigarette in my hand right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
its almost compleatly going now thankfully trust me i was 1 mint from calling the em .
as for any thing else no IT WAS SOMETHING THEY ADDED eather the normal cemials not mixed well or something some bord worker decided to add in for kicks .
earth way it very very dangress and if someone got aq full hit they would be on the floor two mints later so take it leave it but you are warned if its in other smokesw or that one you just light uop right now your next drag may be they last you take .
Im no talking about something taht may get you at 85 now im talking about one draq if it has that spot .
so alest if your dieing being rushed im the em if your still awake you can alest tell them why your dieing .
30 years of smoking now all i want is to never see anotherf 5 mints sure can change your attutide fast lol

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I hope you're feeling better!

If not, maybe you should get everything checked out- just to make sure you're ok?

That is scary!

I would love it if you could get that cig analyzed by some lab or something to see what the heck else was in it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
tripple has now CONFIRMED its not just me this happened to and his description of smoking ground pepper is the best way to describe it

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
yea me to but taht would cost 10000ssss and its not like they would pay it lol.
I accutly had a cat taht had all the signs of rabies and took it down to health department in a cage . Stupid me thinking they may want to know if theres a out brake . Thye say sure well test the cat give me 900$ lol.
hollooooo if theres a out brake it may not be cats your testing but someones kid stupid people

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Be sure and have this documented. Send copies out to everyone you know. Also be sure and return the pack of cigs to the place you bought them and let them know what happened. Speak only with the owner or the manager.

Have you tried the E-cigarrettes yet as a way to step down from the burning variety? I am thinking of trying one but not sure yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i was wating for someone to say e cigs lolol
think waht i just did was a danger a e cigs has pure nictine liquid at that if you some how swollow even a small amount your are dead . just because theres no smoke does not make it safe .
heck you think taht stuffs so great (and trust me some moron tryed this) take the patches and put say ten on at once and see if you pass out .
no ill quite thank you had enough of poison liquid or not amd if you smaoke your taking this chance every drag or e cig you smoke but hey its your life . And this is comming for a 30 year smoker rember that.
again i am not saying you may die in 40 years but the very next drag you take could very well have a spot like this and you can die and you can be bured and you can be worm food (if it dont kill them to)
as for taking the pack back to the store just what do you think they will do???? test it? say sorry aqnd give me one free? take all the same brand off teh shelf and toss them? do any of these things seam like what they will do?
or maybe they just say hu? leave now and dont even think about it .
I posted this to warn people take it or leave it the store wont protect the government t wont protect you . Heck I wont protect you smoke um if you got um im just warning you

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Switched from camel to Ryo few months ago, and I really feel much improvement in my overall health, I breath better, have more energy, and I smoke much less... Whenever I try a normal cig now, I feel sick!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iamdavid

What's Ryo?

I had problems with Peter Stuyvesant, Benson and Hedges as well as Dunhill.. They all tasted like Amonia

I switched to Marlboro Lights a couple of years back and they are much better. But, My boyfriend smoke Marlboro Red, and he coughs quite a bit. (By quite a bit I mean a lot!) He either needs to stop or switch.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Pffft

Camels are the cigarette that doctors recommend

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

What's Ryo?

I had problems with Peter Stuyvesant, Benson and Hedges as well as Dunhill.. They all tasted like Amonia

I switched to Marlboro Lights a couple of years back and they are much better. But, My boyfriend smoke Marlboro Red, and he coughs quite a bit. (By quite a bit I mean a lot!) He either needs to stop or switch.

RYO equals roll your own. They have shops here in florida where they give you bulk unadultered tobacco and you put it their machines and it rolls you a carton for about half the price of store bought cigs. I agree that reg cigs taste like crap and make me feel bad now.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

e cigs has pure nictine liquid at that if you some how swollow even a small amount your are dead .

Cigarette papers have carpet glue bands around them nowadays that supposedly will put a lit cigarette out automatically to "save" you from burning down your house.
If your cigarette pack has the letters FSC above the UPC code, it has this glue. FSC stands for Fire Safe Cigarette.

However, i just thought I'd correct that one part for you that I quoted: Ecigarettes use a nicotine solution that contains between 0 to about 3.0 percent nicotine. (you can absolutely use them without nicotine.) You'd have to swallow quite a bit for any adverse reaction and that reaction would be to vomit because nicotine is not absorbed in your stomach, it's absorbed through soft tissue (mouth, lungs).

And just so everyone's clear--it's not the nicotine that is the danger in smoking. It's the tar and smoke. Quitting is best but ecigarettes worked for me.

edit on 4-11-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: reworded my numbers.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Did you really eat 15 mints?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Remember, we're (for the most part) aren't doctors. All we can give you is what we "think" or don't think it is. Whatever it is, sounds scary. Thankfully I never fell into the temptation to smoke, but if I were you I'd consider quitting. I'd also call your physician and ask him to check you over.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join