It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Blackhawk?) Helicopter Flyover on Long Island with video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This morning, on my way into the office at 8 a.m., I noticed three VERY low-flying black (Blackhawk?) helicopters over a very busy roadway on Long Island. Granted, these three helicopters were in no rush to get anywhere, and flew over my place of employment at least four times. By the time I parked my car and got my iPhone out, they had flown over three more times. I went into my office and dropped off my stuff ... came back out and they were gone. So, there were about 6 minutes overall that they were flying over.

I was able to get a few pictures and a video (all below).

Of course, I know littkle about military aircraft and this could have been absolutely nothing, but I figured I would post it here so all of the very helpful folks here at ATS could help me out. We do have the old Mitchel Air Force base right here, but it was decommissioned in 1961 and became a multi-use complex currently home to the Cradle of Aviation Museum, Nassau Coliseum, Mitchel Athletic Complex, Nassau Community College and Hofstra University. There is also the Marine Recruitment Center, but that can't be it.

Mitchel Air Force Base

Any help would be appreciated:

Video:

edit on 11/4/11 by momeees because: Because I figured out how to get the images uploaded.

edit on 11/4/11 by momeees because: Got rid of scroll bars on images.

edit on 11/4/11 by momeees because: Well, that didn't work.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
looks like Pavehawk helicopters to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes they are UH-60 "Black Hawks". I am not sure which variant they are, without having close inspection.

They were up to something, but it could have been as mundane as training, transportation, who knows?
They could have been responding to a classified secret threat of some sort?

No way to know.

Thanks for taking video and photographs to share though. It's quite interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject
looks like Pavehawk helicopters to me.

It's too hard to tell due to the many many variants of the UH-60 that exist.

However it could be a 'Pave Hawk'. Unknown.

It appears that the 'Pave Hawk' is most commonly USAF.

The MH-60G Pave Hawk's primary mission is insertion and recovery of special operations personnel, while the HH-60G Pave Hawk's core mission is recovery of personnel under stressful conditions, including search and rescue. Both versions conduct day or night operations into hostile environments. Because of its versatility, the HH-60G may also perform peace-time operations. Such tasks include civil search and rescue, emergency aeromedical evacuation (MEDEVAC), disaster relief, international aid, counter-drug activities and NASA space shuttle support.[1]

source

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks, I figured it could probably be nothing, but wanted to put the information here just in case it turned out to be something

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yeah. they wouldn't be flying over a populated area like that if it was something secret...

Looks like training flights

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Well, then at least I was able to test my iPhone video, lol. Now I'm ready for the real deal.

Thanks for replying.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
Yeah. they wouldn't be flying over a populated area like that if it was something secret...
Looks like training flights

Wanna see helicopters? Come to my house... I live on the flight path from Nellis to Edwards
add to that the swarms of Grand Canyon choppers, the police and news choppers and the Janet airlines flights to Area 51...

its an INVASION I tell ya..

new topics

top topics

join