It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the world be a better place now if Nazi Germany had won WWII?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Or at least have agreed to a cease fire?

I think the world right now would be a better place if Nazi Germany had not lost world war 2, the balance of power would be better than it is now. Israel would most likely not exist right now if Germany had not lost.

I think the holocaust and persecution of Jews and others would have eventually come to an end, due to an agreement between the allies & Germany, Israel wouldn't exist right now so the middle east would be more peaceful, also Germany would most likely have a heavy military presence in the Middle east along with economic influence, which would lead to less violence and Muslim extremism. .

I think as time passed by, the idea of a "master race" would erode away, and the persecution of Jews, gypsies & gays along with others would stop due to growing pressure by the US, Russia and UK. I think Nazi Germany would be the most powerful nation on Earth right now, if not then at least on pair with the United States which would lead to a more balanced world.

This is not a thread to endorse Nazism or Hitler or anything like that, but with all the news recently about Israel pushing for war with Iran & growing middle east tension, I think that if Germany had won the wart then nothing like this would be happening now, I don't even think the Iraq war would be happening now due to German's presence in the Middle East.

Your thoughts?

That's the thing though, all these "I think"'s are purely in your head....it cannot be taken serious even for a second. HTH.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Nazi's did win WW2, try that one of for size.....

All in good fun

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Just because the USA does not take the credits, the record is pretty horrific, even if at least sometimes they go for a more humane way of doing things. From the bombing of civilian target in Germany to the drop of the H-bomb in Japan, all religious Americans that believe in hell got a spot in it. This then escalated to Vietnam and Cambodia to all the actions they have taken in South America. Now on Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and with increasing probability Syria and is possible that they helped the UK in Libya intentionally (geopolitically aware of the back schemes and implications). Well tanks very much for the USA for dragging their foot in helping themselves in WWI and WWII and the mess they made, they got to top position to put all things right and failed miserably...

Winers do get to write history...

I favor the USA constitution, like the propagandized American spirit and pity the common American for what they have lost and trough history and deeds have came to loathe your rulers above most others for what has come of ye America...

edit on 4-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
obvious troll thread is obvious

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
In one word the answer to your original question is, "NO".
The bit that I will never understand is Did Germany lose WW11????
Look how Germany stands today, it faces no heavy Financial problem, owns most of the original UK Industries, including our water supply. Its us who lost, we are still paying for WW2 - take a glance at the present Finacial status of this the said Western World.

Everything at present stinks of just how the Western world was prior to 1939

In fact to say less and spell out more, all I can say is view and listen to this;
www.youtube.com...

What a wonderful world, so now imagine how it would really be had the German's really won..... ATS would have never been free as it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming
The bit that I will never understand is Did Germany lose WW11????
Look how Germany stands today, it faces no heavy Financial problem, owns most of the original UK Industries, including our water supply. Its us who lost, we are still paying for WW2 - take a glance at the present Finacial status of this the said Western World.

Since the Government was not representative of the will of the population (at the time the conflict was initiated) and there was internal resistance and all that, we could also say that it was freed (at least the western part).

If you look at most countries technologically capable of providing revenue to the USA, all conflicts resulted in an immediate boom, Germany, Japan and even Italy (not so much because of the corruption and communist influence), note also that they not only managed to have a boom but had to pay for reparations), those that got left behind the iron curtain did not get the same benefits. Another important point is that West Germany was a staging ground for the cold war and a propaganda vehicle. But you can also see the same in South Korea after the Korean war.

I support the view expressed previously that for those surviving the Nazi occupation of the world (if white and blond) the world would be a better place, but not as interesting. I disagree that if the USA had not entered into the war it would have survived. Hitler plan for the temporary surrender of the UK would have succeeded and the USA would have joined into the fight with the USSR, we must just look at the position of the Spanish Civil War to see how Nations were motivated.

In retrospect Hitler was a lunatic, after the non-aggression pact with the USSR the level of strategic errors is staggering...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Really.

Please show me the concentration camps that the USA has and the millions they have murdered in them.
And it maybe a pretty crap version of 'democracy' practised in the USA but it's a damn sight better than the option granted to the German people by Hitler.
There's plenty more examples I could mention but that really should suffice.

Hell, the USA isn't perfect and indeed has many faults but likening it to Nazi Germany is highly inaccurate and groslly unfair.

We had Japanese internment camps in WWII.

Little known facts(well the first one is little known)
The U.S. actually commended Hitler on his sterilization of the Jews. The U.S. had been doing their own sterilization programs on more than 60,000 people, mostly retarded, crazy people, and/or prisoners.

The U.S. nuked two Japanese cities.

The U.S. has killed more than a million people in the middle east since 2001.

Tuskegee experiments.

MKUltra.

There's more. Much more. Some seriously sick stuff that I'm too disgusted to list.
And then there's the stuff that you and I don't know.

edit on 4-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Comparing the two is nonsense.

As I said in my previous post; I agree that the USA has a pretty poor record and has been responsible for an appallng number of deaths.
Their foreign policy has been particularly mis-guided.
But likening them to the hate driven Nazi administration is highly inaccurate.

The Nazi's deliberately targetted certain races and groups, placed people from these races or groups in numerous camps, stripped these individuals of any rights and all their possessions, set them to hard labour, tortured them, experimented on them and eventually systematically set about eradicating them from existence.
Simply because they were from a particular group or race.
Give me one, proven, example of the USA doing anything like that.

That they screwed up in The Middle East and elsewhere is beyond debate.
But what exactly would you have had them do?
People seem quick to criticise about the M.E. but not so quick to offer viable alternative sollutions.

Seems to me that some people just like to bitch about the USA regardless and blame them for all the world's ill's.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Comparing the two is nonsense. As I said in my previous post; I agree that the USA has a pretty poor record and has been responsible for an appallng number of deaths. Their foreign policy has been particularly mis-guided. But likening them to the hate driven Nazi administration is highly inaccurate.

Is not an easy comparison since the realities of the evens aren't directly comparable. But the results, the bottom line is...

I agree that there can't be a ranking that one could point and say that one is worst than the other but the opportunities history has granted the USA to make an enduring difference makes it also responsible for the failing to make the right choices, of course we are looking into it in retrospective and in retrospective the WW2 and fascism had a better reason for happening than the planed and long term effects of the USA actions, we can even blame the situation of the USSR today to those actions.

In retrospective had the USA intervened in the Spanish Civil War, WW2 wouldn't have happened. So even if the USA was not a superpower at the time it had a major role in the league of nations, even France was inclined to help. In reality I do not blame it all on the USA, dealing with the UK influence at the beginning helped to mold the mentality, much like Israel was molded by what happened in WW2, if you know and like history, dig around and see that like the saying goes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, you will find lots of correlations.

The Nazi's deliberately targetted certain races and groups, placed people from these races or groups in numerous camps, stripped these individuals of any rights and all their possessions, set them to hard labour, tortured them, experimented on them and eventually systematically set about eradicating them from existence. Simply because they were from a particular group or race. Give me one, proven, example of the USA doing anything like that.

You are kidding right?

Ok lets start by the how the USA f# the Native Americans every chance it had, to the point of not even honoring treaties.

Then lets look on China and why they hate America and the UK (more than the other nations that exploited their weakest moments in history).

Then lets look to the African slave (if you are American I need not say more), heck they even created a breading program.

Do you know how the USA got Texas ?

Then to the bloodiest Civil War in history (do you have any idea on how they treated POWs then, even the in medieval ages in Europe they mostly treated prisoners better).

WW1 was bad for everyone I don't really see any special moral failure there, but WW2 was avoidable and could have ended a lot sooner. Japan was a problem but they attacked the USA because of a economic embargo so again things could have been handled better. Interestingly enough the USA even put its own citizens in concentration camps. Most of the rest I have already posted.

We could also look on how the USA army acted on the outcome of the atomic attack in Japan, when it got boots there, there are good documentaries about that...

Then we can look as the USSR and Stalin, look in your history books on how American aid affected the situation there, lots of soviets died of hunger for Stalin to export the food to the USA and the military aid permitted not only to fight Germany but to take control of a huge part of Europe and entrenched Stalin in power.

I could go on and on, from the situation with Cuba to the Civil War of Angola, going to South America and Chile, even some atomic tests were amoral to the local inhabitants, etc, etc...

But I will end it in this way, do you remember Guantanamo ? Do you know the number and living situation of the USA domestic prisoners ? Do you know what race is predominant in the USA prison system ? Death penalty ? Have you seen the images from the Iraq prisons ? Do you know how the USA treats and exploits immigrants (especially the brown ones) ? Do you understand how your military industrial complex exports death in mass (just look at Israel) ? Do you understand that if Israel uses an atomic weapon the USA is to blame ? (The same can be said for the Russians about Iran to some degree)

But the list is endless with power comes responsibility, I can even blame the USA for the failing of the Kyoto agreement...

I'm sorry if you are an American, since you have to live there and share part of the responsibility, somethings are hard to realize. I count myself lucky by my own country not being such a historic klutz even if today politically governance wise we are almost on the same boat, again mostly due to the USA/UK and how they influence the world culturally and politically.

edit on 5-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: freaking spelling

edit on 5-11-2011 by Panic2k11 because: spelling, soften it a bit, there are good things in the USA done by its people even if it begins to be harder and harder to find good ones to name, well they got us the Internet...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Comparing the two is nonsense. As I said in my previous post; I agree that the USA has a pretty poor record and has been responsible for an appallng number of deaths. Their foreign policy has been particularly mis-guided. But likening them to the hate driven Nazi administration is highly inaccurate.

It is not an easy comparison since the realities of the evens aren't directly comparable. But the results, the bottom line is...

I agree that there can't be a ranking that one could point and say that one is worst than the other but the opportunities history has granted the USA to make an enduring difference makes it also responsible for the failing to make the right choices, of course we are looking into it in retrospective and in retrospective the WW2 and fascism had a better reason for happening than the planed and long term effects of the USA actions, we can even blame the situation of the USSR today to those actions.

In retrospective had the USA intervened in the Spanish Civil War, WW2 wouldn't have happened. So even if the USA was not a superpower at the time it had a major role in the league of nations, even France was inclined to help. In reality I do not blame it all on the USA, dealing with the UK influence at the beginning helped to mold the mentality, much like Israel was molded by what happened in WW2, if you know and like history, dig around and see that like the saying goes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, you will find lots of correlations.

The Nazi's deliberately targetted certain races and groups, placed people from these races or groups in numerous camps, stripped these individuals of any rights and all their possessions, set them to hard labour, tortured them, experimented on them and eventually systematically set about eradicating them from existence. Simply because they were from a particular group or race. Give me one, proven, example of the USA doing anything like that.

You are kidding right?

Ok lets start by the how the USA f# the Native Americans every chance it had, to the point of not even honoring treaties.

Then lets look on China and why they hate America and the UK (more than the other nations that exploited their weakest moments in history).

Then lets look to the African slave (if you are American I need not say more), heck they even created a breading program.

Then to the bloodiest Civil War in history (do you have any idea on how they treated POWs then, even the in medieval ages in Europe they mostly treated prisoners better).

WW1 was bad for everyone I don't really see any special moral failure there, but WW2 was avoidable and could have ended a lot sooner. Japan was a problem but they attacked the USA because of a economic embargo so again things could have been handled better. Interestingly enough the USA even put its own citizens in concentration camps. Most of the rest I have already posted.

We could also look on how the USA army acted on the outcome of the atomic attack in Japan, when it got boots there, there are good documentaries about that...

Then we can look as the USSR and Stalin, look in your history books on how American aid affected the situation there, lots of soviets died of hunger for Stalin to export the food to the USA and the military aid permitted not only to fight Germany but to take control of a huge part of Europe and entrenched Stalin in power.

I could go on and on, from the situation with Cuba to the Civil War of Angola, going to South America and Chile, even some atomic tests were amoral to the local inhabitants, etc, etc...

But I will end it in this way, do you remember Guantanamo ? Do you know the number and living situation of the USA domestic prisoners ? Do you know what race is predominant in the USA prison system ? Death penalty ? Have you seen the images from the Iraq prisons ? Do you know how the USA treats and exploits immigrants (especially the brown ones) ? Do you understand how your military industrial complex exports death in mass (just look at Israel) ? Do you understand that if Israel uses an atomic weapon the USA is to blame ? (The same can be said for the Russians about Iran to some degree)

But the list is endless with power comes responsibility, I can even blame the USA for the failing of the Kyoto agreement...

I'm sorry if you are an American, since you have to live there and share part of the responsibility, somethings are hard to realize. I count myself lucky by my own country not being such a historic klutz even if today politically governance wise we are almost on the same boat, again mostly due to the USA/UK and how they influence the world culturally and politically.

edit on 5-11-201 extra DIV

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

It is not an easy comparison since the realities of the evens aren't directly comparable. But the results, the bottom line is...

You are kidding right?

edit on 5-11-201 extra DIV

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Thanks for the reply - it certainly offers much to ponder on.

I understand and agree with a lot of the points you make - but I have been to Auschwitz, I've to soldiers who were amongst the first in several Nazi concentration camps and I've talked to a few survivors.
I find it hard to believe that the USA, though I fully recognise and accept that it has comitteed some heinous acts, could equal Nazi Germany's attempt to completely eradicate a whole race of people in such a systematic and ordered way simply because they believed they were inferior.

And no, I'm not American, I am English and British - and therein lies another discussion.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You have to put the Nazi Government in context to the historic events. Fascism is extremely violent, I can't see any situation that a fascist government can get to power without a supporting decline of the social structure. Look on how it worked on the UK and how it failed (even if some part of the elite did support it).

The situation today in Europe is becoming, again, extremely dangerous we can see a return in force to the extreme right with idiotic nationalistic movements or if all goes to crap globally and quickly a fall into anarchy.

My favorite utopic political order is anarchic-communism but that is different...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Or at least have agreed to a cease fire?

I think the world right now would be a better place if Nazi Germany had not lost world war 2, the balance of power would be better than it is now. Israel would most likely not exist right now if Germany had not lost.

I'm not sure why you think the "balance of power would be better than it is now". In order for Germany to win the war, the Soviet Union would have to be effectively destroyed as a military power (otherwise, the Red Army would've eventually pushed its way to Berlin by sheer mass). Great Britain will have to be conquered, otherwise (as was historically the case), it will be used as an 'unsinkable aircraft carrier' supporting Allied bombing (eventually nuclear, if the war lasts into late 1945) against Germany. Northern Africa will have to be assimilated into the German holding to secure the Mediterranean. In short, if Germany can't control everything from North Africa to the Arctic Circle, and from Ireland to (at least) the Ural Mountains, they'll wind up controlling *nothing*. How is a totalitarian state that covers most of Europe, the Ukraine, and Russia a 'better balance of power' than what we have now?

You're more than likely correct in your assumption that Israel wouldn't exist, simply because there wouldn't be enough European Jews to populate an independent state.

I think the holocaust and persecution of Jews and others would have eventually come to an end, due to an agreement between the allies & Germany, Israel wouldn't exist right now so the middle east would be more peaceful, also Germany would most likely have a heavy military presence in the Middle east along with economic influence, which would lead to less violence and Muslim extremism. .

Why would a victorious Germany have any reason to strike an "agreement" with the Allied Powers? Take a long, long look at the economic and military situation as it actually existed just prior to World War II. If Germany *can't* win a complete and crushing victory on all fronts, against all comers, Germany will eventually wind up crushed under sheer weight of opposing numbers, in which case, the Allies have no reason to make "agreements" with Germany. If Germany *can* win such a sweeping victory (how, I'm not exactly certain, but for the sake of argument, let's make an assumption), Germany has no reason to make "agreements" with the Allies. Either way, your hypothetical "agreement" isn't going to happen.

I think as time passed by, the idea of a "master race" would erode away, and the persecution of Jews, gypsies & gays along with others would stop due to growing pressure by the US, Russia and UK. I think Nazi Germany would be the most powerful nation on Earth right now, if not then at least on pair with the United States which would lead to a more balanced world.

Why would the "Master Race" idea erode away? It was a lynchpin of the Nazi ideology. You might as well expect the Catholic church to let the idea of Holy Communion erode away...and as long as the Master Race was enshrined, the "lesser races" would have to be culled to protect the purity of the Race...Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer! A German victory would only reinforce the Nazi idea of superiority.

As for Nazi Germany being the most powerful nation on Earth...in order to win World War II, they would *have* to be. War on that scale tends to be a very "all or nothing" proposition, particularly once nuclear weapons and strategic bombing come into play (both areas where Nazi Germany was somewhat behind the curve).

This is not a thread to endorse Nazism or Hitler or anything like that, but with all the news recently about Israel pushing for war with Iran & growing middle east tension, I think that if Germany had won the wart then nothing like this would be happening now, I don't even think the Iraq war would be happening now due to German's presence in the Middle East.

If you consider a world where the Third Reich actually did win, and "pacified" Europe, the Middle East, and Africa an "improvement", let me suggest a world you'd probably consider Paradise. The US and the Soviet Union were a bit less careful in the late 1960s...and around 1972, a full-out nuclear exchange occurred. About six months (and 40,000 nuclear initiations) later, North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa are completely peaceful...there's nothing there but the gentle sounds of radioactive breezes sighing through the softly-glowing ruins...no conflicts at all. Wonderful, isn't it?

Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
interesting problem

i would think that the strict NAZI ideology...over time ... would have mellowed and grown toward democracy and predatory capitalism

just as the democracy leaning Republic of America gradually became both socialist leaning and fascist-corporate dominated in the same time frame

what do they say... It's the same thing just different

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i would think that the strict NAZI ideology...over time ... would have mellowed and grown toward democracy and predatory capitalism

What utter unmitigated unspeakable #e! How on earth can you make such a statement? Mellowed? When all the Jews, disabled, anyone they didn't like the look, colour, politics, or opinion of was dead and cremated? There was no mellow side to the Nazi's, and their destruction by the Allies was one of the few times the world came together to do the decent thing.

Most of the people posting about how wonderful the Nazis were would have failed the various Aryan tests, mostly on intellect, and found themselves in the camps and in time in the gas chambers. The eradication of Nazism was necessary and the only people who miss them are ill-educated #wit morons who should be kept away from keyboards.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
1/3rd of America is about to die. Leaving a Latino majority in America who don't want to melt in the melting pot.

America lost WWII....soon the Latino's will make some very big changes. America and Russia's fake "Cold War"....both countries ended up polluting their own countries...killing their own. Never had enough kids as they tried to live greedily, for themselves.

German scientists were taken to both America and Russia.....where they worked tirelessly for us....making us things they knew would kill American's and Russian's via pollution...and greed.

Nazi's defeated America. Without bullets or a military. They were some smart SOB's who pandered to America's weakness....GREED.

We now have the Nazi healthcare system. Pharmaceuticals that have been peddling poisons which have been killing us...not helping. America's Medical Mafia pushes methods to make fast money...not help people.

All Germany has to do is sit back and watch. Do what the Israeli's did to make money over the Centuries......

Play on peoples GREED.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am surprised that in this “information age” there are still so many people who believe the propaganda that demonized Germany.

Are you all not aware that Hitler was transporting many Jews to Israel? He sending them all out of his country. Those extermination stories are more propaganda to feed the victim hood perception which garners special treatment and privileges.

As to Eugenics. Yes, they were using the U S model. I am all for positive selective breeding. It is the logical thing to do. I agree that all grossly defective babies should be euthanized at birth. It would be a really tough call to do it later. Those who have debilitating heritable defects should be sterilized. As it is they are breeding and our species is regressing.

Blue Shift says: “As we get a little better at genetics, one of these days soon we'll be able to come up with a nasty virus that only targets a certain kind of person and have no effect on others. Just around the corner, probably.”

****There already is such an agent.

Tom 171, Morals are man-made and should not trump sensible logic. Not sterilizing the carriers of hereditary disabilities is a recipe for extinction of our species.

The one thing you all are overlooking is that the war, as all wars are, was the product of the Jewish Zionist Jesuit Power Elite of those “royal“ bloodlines. They were the winners. All other parties lost. Without them, yes if Germany had won the world would be a better place. Today Europe and the US would Not be having this multi-culture Disease that is destroying not only our country, and our culture, but our race. Historically Multi-culturism has been the downfall of every Empire.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Do you believe anything that you're writing? If you do then you are so misguided and ignorant as to surpass belief.

Have you any conception of the horror inflicted across Europe by the Nazis? Have you ever been to see the places devastated by WWII? The villages in Europe that were wiped out by Waffen SS units, the mountains of personal possessions looted by the German army, the sheer horror of the death camps. It wasn't some random video game this was mechanised death and horror perpetrated on innocent people of all sorts.

Do you realise that the Jewish people weren't the only people to suffer? The people of Russia, the Baltic States, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Britain, other countries around the world. Even the German and Italian people suffered, both from their own side and Allied action against the fascist regimes!

My parents and grandparents withstood the Nazi bombing of England, the terror of hiding in inadequate shelters night after night from the screaming bombs falling all around wondering whether the next one would hit you, or as actually happened have your home and all it's contents destroyed by a German bomb. The people of my city suffering so much bombing that over 90% of houses in the city suffered from some kind of bomb damage, read this Hull Bombing. You have no conception of the horror of war, and your views are utterly abhorrent to any sane person.

I suggest you, and your ilk who view the Nazis as some sort of misguided unfortunates, learn some history books and understand just what the Nazi war machine meant to ordinary people of every creed, colour, religion, and nationality.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Look, War is terrible. I think we can all agree. We like to say some were worse, and some were not as worse. World War 2 was bad, but let's face it, way more people have died Since World War 2 because of war. Same players, same backers, same media BS. That most of the "first" world nations are acting like fascists now.... proves that Nazi or not, Fascism is a bad thing, and we're in it. Right now. It's just tightening the screws.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join