It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I sometimes think that the Earth is God.A higher consciousness being and all living things are the telekinetic constructions within this beings mind,a mind we think of as the space around us.The Earth is God who exists within us and all around us and resides just beyond our perceptions.God is telepathically connected to everyone and everything.The material world around us is the three dimensional holographic projections of this beings thoughts and desires.Our sorrows and joys,our wars and peace,our love and hate are the virtual reflections of Gods dreams and nightmares...

Is water that rains from the sky and fills the oceans the tears of God? Is magma and lava the blood of God? Is the wind and air the breath of God? Are the moon and sun the eyes of God watching over us night and day? Is the ground we walk upon the body of God? Are storms and earthquakes the anger of God? Is God ever happy? Does God get lonely? Does God ever become sick? Does God have a disease? Will God die some day?
edit on 4-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i heard the spirit of the earth is often compared to a snake or dragon in mythology.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The Earth may be "God" to you, under definition 4:

4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed:

but I don't worship the planet. I do follow it or tag along, as I hurdle through space on it's surface however.

But under the more common definition, 1:

1. God a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

it makes no sense.

How could "Earth" be the originator of the entire vast and endless universe composed of trillions of galaxies, countless stars and worlds?

Doesn't make any sense at all under def 1.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I am reading a book right now about "Sun Bear". Sun Bear is a healer and believes our Earth to be "Mother Earth". It is common for people to associate different planets and stars with a God or Gods.

Me, myself...I do not believe the Earth is God however I do believe the Earth is a living source for all who inhabit her.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There is no you, there is just the image of God.
All seeing and knowing, and ever present.

Every scene is God, all scene is God.
The scene is aware.
There is only scene.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I agree Earth is a female god. In hinduism Earth is refered to as Pritvi (earth goddess)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

As a theory, it makes just as much sense as a God floating in the heavens (or whatever the explanation is!) or any other theory on God.

At least in its benefit it is more in accord with more ancient and traditional beliefs........

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My theory is that Earth is a collection of atoms and other types of energetic particles. A very large collection.
And that the entire Universe is an endless repetition of this, in infinite varied ways.

And since our language equates the word "God" with "omnipresence" in our dictionaries, than I cannot help but concede that "God" must be in all places of the Universe at once.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
And because "God" is "omnipresent" that would mean that all things are merely conduits of this ultimate categorization. Manifestations of it, whichever way you want to say it.

That means everything is one of the infinite aspects of "God", the stars, dust, a tree, bacteria, or the feces in your toilet.

Yes, I just proved that God is a pile of feces.

You are welcome.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I look at things like this... a Symbiotic relationship between Earth - moon - and sun and everything in between. With all the stuff they are finding out now with quantum physics, and entanglement and such. It almost seems in that notion you can have a faith with something that you cannot actually see, but indeed could be there.

For instance when something happens to you, there is something else happening on the other side with out any visible connection (crazy i know and you will probably be like what the heck did he just say)

Entanglement - "spooky actions from far"

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

My God created the heavens and the earth.

I'm sorry , but my dog just pooped on your god.

Read the Bible, as if its just a book. Since I assume you don't believe in it, just think of it as a book, read it from cover to cover. I bet you've never read it from cover to cover, and you judged it before you even know what it says.

You might find the truth you're looking for

God Bless

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Gaia ( /ˈɡeɪ.ə/ or /ˈɡaɪ.ə/; from Ancient Greek Γαῖα "land" or "earth;" also Gæa, Gaea, or Gea;[1] Koine Greek: Γῆ) was the primordial Earth-goddess in ancient Greek religion. Gaia was the great mother of all : the heavenly gods and Titans were descended from her union with Uranus (the sky), the sea-gods from her union with Pontus (the sea), the Giants from her mating with Tartarus (the hell-pit) and mortal creatures were sprung or born from her earthy flesh. The earliest reference to her is Mycenaean Greek Linear B ma-ka (transliterated as ma-ga), "Mother Gaia."[2]
Her equivalent in the Roman pantheon was Terra.
en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)
Earth can be viewed as a conscious living creation designed by the CRREATOR OF ALL*
edit on 11/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
In truth, we are all the Earth and the Earth is all of us. Our physical bodies are made up of recycled materials. We are dinosaurs, we are rain, we are trees. I don't think it's any coincidence that the more polluted our planet gets, the more people are dying of "unexplained" cancers, etc that are rooted in their DNA.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i heard the spirit of the earth is often compared to a snake or dragon in mythology.

In the Sumerian folklore, Earth was originally called Tiamat, and was a Female Dragon. The Dragon was defeated in a cosmic battle, and Earth was colonized. Some of the Draco still exist, and their counterparts, the Reptilian Race lives beneath our feet, and have lived here long before man came to be.

I read a story a long time ago, can't remember the book, but;
There was a time when the Titans roamed the Earth. The Titans were 12 feet tall, and got to be very mean, so humankind ganged up and killed them off, save for 7. These 7 titans met together on a mountain, away from the reach of the hunters. They went into deep meditations, and began to meld into one being, a being filled with energy. When this was accomplished, the Titans turned themselves into a Womb, and descended into the planet, to forever be there, and to bring live eternal to Earth.

I can easily see planet Earth as a sentient being, we know there is energy within the Earth, we know of the Ley Lines. Mother Earth provides for Her children, and She always will. And She is not a Dragon, so don't go there.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I would say that earth is Gods book of life.

Because; its on earth all life will appear and be manifested.

Earth is like a history book, even we read it. And we also try to solve all its mysteries.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In the Sumerian folklore, Earth was originally called Tiamat, and was a Female Dragon. The Dragon was defeated in a cosmic battle, and Earth was colonized. Some of the Draco still exist, and their counterparts, the Reptilian Race lives beneath our feet, and have lived here long before man came to be.

I believe that this ancient cosmic battle was when the comet, we now call Venus, entered our solar system and passed close to the Earth. What was seen and thought of as a dragon, was actually the comet as it's tail swept through the Earths atmosphere, The comets gravity tilted Earths axis and caused the biblical flood and then it continued on until it was captured into it's present orbit by the sun...

Was the Earth and Venus actually two Gods at war with eachother?
edit on 4-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

In the Sumerian folklore, Earth was originally called Tiamat, and was a Female Dragon.

Mother Earth provides for Her children, and She always will. And She is not a Dragon, so don't go there.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Chthon is usually considered a male aspect/divinity of the earth

Chthonic (from Greek χθόνιος – chthonios, "in, under, or beneath the earth", from χθών – chthōn "earth";[1] pertaining to the Earth; earthy; subterranean) designates, or pertains to, deities or spirits of the underworld, especially in relation to Greek religion. The Greek word khthon is one of several for "earth"; it typically refers to the interior of the soil, rather than the living surface of the land (as Gaia or Ge does) or the land as territory (as khora (χώρα) does). It evokes at once abundance and the grave.
Chthonic and Olympian

While terms such as "Earth deity" or Earth mother have rather sweeping implications in English, the words khthonie and khthonios had a more precise and technical meaning in Greek, referring primarily to the manner of offering sacrifices to the deity in question.

Some chthonic cults practised ritual sacrifice, which often happened at night time. When the sacrifice was a living creature, the animal was placed in a bothros ("pit") or megaron ("sunken chamber"). In some Greek chthonic cults, the animal was sacrificed on a raised bomos ("altar"). Offerings usually were burned whole or buried rather than being cooked and shared among the worshippers.[3]

Not all chthonic cults were Greek, nor did all cults practice ritual sacrifice; some performed sacrifices in effigy or burnt vegetable offerings.[citation needed]

===Cult type versus function===Nippy While chthonic deities had a general association with fertility, they did not have a monopoly on it, nor were the later Olympian deities wholly unconcerned for the Earth's prosperity. Thus Demeter and Persephone both watched over aspects of the fertility of land, yet Demeter had a typically Olympian cult while Persephone had a chthonic one.

Also, Demeter was worshipped alongside Persephone with identical rites, and yet occasionally was classified as an "Olympian" in late poetry and myth. The absorption of some earlier cults into the newer pantheon versus those that resisted being absorbed is suggested as providing the later myths.
[edit] In between

The categories Olympian and chthonic weren't, however, completely separate. Some Olympian deities, such as Hermes and Zeus, also received chthonic sacrifices and tithes in certain locations. The deified heroes Heracles and Asclepius might be worshipped as gods or chthonic heroes, depending on the site and the time of origin of the myth.

Moreover, a few deities aren't easily classifiable under these terms. Hecate, for instance, was typically offered puppies at crossroads (see also Crossroads (mythology)) – a practice neither typical of an Olympian sacrifice nor of a chthonic sacrifice to Persephone or the heroes.[citation needed] Because of her underworld roles, Hecate is generally classed as chthonic.
SOURCE:en.wikipedia.org...

in The Old Religion there is The Horned God

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Earth would not be God...

The Sun would be...

Without the Sun, Earth would just be a cold rock like Pluto.

So you see, the Sun is God, because without it, there would be no life on Earth in the first place.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Gaia ( /ˈɡeɪ.ə/ or /ˈɡaɪ.ə/; from Ancient Greek Γαῖα "land" or "earth;" also Gæa, Gaea, or Gea;[1] Koine Greek: Γῆ) was the primordial Earth-goddess in ancient Greek religion. Gaia was the great mother of all : the heavenly gods and Titans were descended from her union with Uranus (the sky), the sea-gods from her union with Pontus (the sea), the Giants from her mating with Tartarus (the hell-pit) and mortal creatures were sprung or born from her earthy flesh. The earliest reference to her is Mycenaean Greek Linear B ma-ka (transliterated as ma-ga), "Mother Gaia."[2]
Her equivalent in the Roman pantheon was Terra.
en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)
Earth can be viewed as a conscious living creation designed by the CRREATOR OF ALL*
edit on 11/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)
RR U sure... that mAy + sirius---(B) Gaia... is not a hemorphidite ?/?... possibility of could (B)

Mr X-ULTRA/OPEN-MINDED
... but not so much... my magnetic personality shields are down

edit on 4-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Forgot quantum space...

edit on 4-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Sun of God CME Farted

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join