It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African homophobia: Why don't Christians pay, and correct their atrocities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There is little doubt that that some missionaries have helped Africa and Africans in many ways.

However, it is so sad to see that others have compounded the problems of witch-hunting and homophobia.

In SA we have many gay refugees from all over Africa, and almost invariably they went through some Christian "healing" ritual, and eventually they were almost murdered, or had their limbs hacked off.

In SA many of these US-styled sham churches are spreading, and I wonder sometimes how long we should let this continue.

Who bears the social cost of small children accused of being witches, and is it fair on SA to get so many refugees?

Surely when religion goes wrong, the religious should pay.

Here is a Special Assignment program titled "It's illegal to be me", which tells the story of homosexual refugees to SA from the Congo and Uganda.
While I have nothing against religion: when it comes to encouraging harmful practices, and bringing out the worst in a society, and breaking up families for gay people, then I think it is time to organize ourselves.

We will not forgive, and we will not forget.
How can we?
Are we not human?

globewriter.wordpress.com...

While certainly not all Christians are guilty, or even homophobic, I do think they could do more to limit social harm, instead of increasing this.
edit on 3-11-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Problem is: the people who committed the acts are long dead in many situations.

So, no, the religious shouldn't pay for something that they had no part in.
edit on 3-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

We will not forgive, and we will not forget.
How can we?
Are we not human?

hmmm Isn't being able to forgive part of being human also, I'm not homophobic as nature (animals) as shown me it is perfectly natural but I am against gays and Lesbians being able to get IVF to have children etc, it is just not natural in nature .... and for the record it is not just "religious" folk who are homophobic so stop being christphobic ... peace

In SA many of these US-styled sham churches are spreading, and I wonder sometimes how long we should let this continue.
theres that USA word again ... not all are like that, myself personally never try to convert folk, most of my friends are hardcore atheist but we respect each other as we are friends, Oh and some are gay & lesbian

edit on 3/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

In the first example it is quite clear that the young man cannot return to the Congo because his mother writes him letters reminding him that they will try to kill him again if he returns, and she cites the fact that he is an embarrassment to her church.
So this is not in the past - this is happening right now!

And I promise - we will respond as African gay people to this crap.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You know I saw on a Documentary a few months back about a gay man (english) going over there to find out what its really like.... I remember watching in awe as these men where battering the gay english guy with a dead chicken over his head to cure him!! It was the most bizzare things I have ever witnessed on television!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

Well, one cannot be "Christophobic".
I think we should respond with massive education campaigns.
But it is a drain on the few liberal countries.
And I do really think that liberal Christians from Western countries can help to combat this problem.
As for the many US homophobic churches (who go to great lengths to single out gay people) - I think they should pay for the families they destroy, and the lives they help to ruin and snuff out.

Why should SA tax-payers pay, when there idiots keep having there mega-meetings and hammer out hatred?
They must pay!

edit on 3-11-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

can you educate idiots?

For myself as a Christian I am constantly reminded Of the Lord's words "Love them as I have loved you" ... Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I do not think that Christianity advocates these atrocities at all, therefore those who are perpetrating these acts and making derogatory comments are not really Christians to begin with. They are fanaticists who persecute others under the guise of religion.

And since that is how I feel, I can think of many other "Christian" organizations that are actually no such thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thanks for that.
But it is obviously somewhat disingenuous to say that Christians have nothing to with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thanks for that.
But it is obviously somewhat disingenuous to say that Christians have nothing to with it.

let me share something, My real name is Christian
No I had nothing to do with it

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

OK Christian.
Innocent bystanders.
How innocent are they really?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wherever you find christianity you will find, rape, torture, starvation and thievery. Christianity thrives on human misery as well creating it.In a world of peace and plenty,there would be no reason for it to exist. Christian just love to see people in crisis so they can rush in and "help". They are not there to help. This is about voracious egos and how to feed them. It is about garnering praise, nay whorship from the misfortunates.

It is about colluding with Nazis. It is about war.It is about running work camps or as they like to call them "industrial schools".It is about slavery.It is about fear.It is about kidnapping.It is about feasting in the midst of starvation and deprivation.It is about lies. It is about silver and gold. It is about stealing land and harvest . It is about colonialism. It is about cohercing the dying into willing their possessions to the church.It is about the Spanish Inquisition. It is about burning dissenters alive. It is about indoctrinating good well meaning people and turning them into obsessive maniacs to do the churches bidding.

Christians will never pay for their atrocities because what you see as an atrocity they see as the glory of god's will being carried out. It's all part of the big plan, a test if you like, to see who gets to go to heaven. And if you are not christian you are not coming. The fact of the matter is they will continue to rape children, keep the poor poor and ignorant and fight tooth and nail against anyone that dares question their ways.
edit on 4-11-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

These are the kind of backwards bigots we are dealing with here:

top topics

join