It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all people who live out in the country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

Yeah, we had less birds and bugs this year.
Unsettlng, for sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It doesn't take much to send the birds south, and the insects either die or can barely move. That's where most of the noise comes from.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned24
I live pretty far out in the woods and lately when I'm outside I encounter this extremely uncomfortable still silence. I'm used to quite but its more the stillness that bothers me. It's as if someone freezed frame the world and I'm I've become deaf. I know it sounds silly but has anyone else encountered this?

I notice that a lot of the time, especially in the fall when the animals have either migrated or hibernated. I only noticed it once in the summer, we had a power outage that covered about 10 counties. Once the cell tower batteries went down, it became so still it was eerie. Maybe it was the lack of being constantly bombarded with EMF. Who knows...

Regardless, relish the feeling, it's small world and getting smaller all the time.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

It is wonderful to read that you have the sensitivity and wisdom to pay such close attention to
your surroundings. Not only the atmosphere, but the animals as well.
It certainly helps keep the second attention survival insticts sharp.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I know exactly what you're referring to. I live in the Colorado mountains and over the past couple weeks when I go out on my deck there is ....just....complete.....silence. But it has a feeling of stillness. Hard to explain. There is the occasional crow but there is none of the white noise from nature. Could be the cold - been in the single digits and teens and every single creature is simply huddling. But I can't remember ever hearing it THIS quiet. It's like something's 'off' or like a calm before a storm. Who knows. It is a little strange because it's more than quiet - it's a stillness like Mother Nature has a finger to her lips. Maybe it comes and goes this time of year and I've never noticed.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I live out in the Country and I know exactly what you are talking about! I think it does seem more obvious just as it is getting cooler outside. It's still quite warm here in the daytime as well. The main thing that bothers me, is the hoot owls. When I was young they would hoot all night...but I havn't heard them in years

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

thanks .. also got where can tell the time of day by which animals are active along with time of year from bird migrations .. And always enjoy watching them . Theres some parrots, couple hummingbirds and a nightengale that come round my garden the monkeys can be pests at times as well but wouldnt trade where am at for anything as its also one of the most beautiful places that have seen over the years in my travels.. Its rewarding to live a simple life in harmony with nature..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
some fluke put this in the wrong thread, please delete!

edit on 4-11-2011 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The preacher man says it’s the end of time
And the Mississippi River she’s a goin’ dry
The interest is up and the Stock Markets down
And you only get mugged
If you go down town

I live back in the woods, you see
A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me
I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

Second?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

WOW!!! Quadruple post!!! Never seen that before!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yes lol phone had a seizure my deepest apologies.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yeah. It's called peace. Usually it comes with nature hand in hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join