It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents, After Exposed as Players Behind Oc

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents, After Exposed as Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The truth comes out. Obama's personal hit squad is the main force behind OWS. This means we have all been lied to all along and the OWS is a phony movement. It is the Obama reelection campaign and ACORN and SEIU are the OWS.

Expect a lot of violence and crime now.

“They reminded us that we can get fired, sued, arrested for talking to the press,” the source said. “Then they went through the article point-by-point and said that the allegation that we pay people to protest isn’t true.”

“‘That’s the story that we’re sticking to,’” Westin said, according to the source.

The source said staffers at the meeting contested Westin’s denial:

“It was pretty funny. Jonathan told staff they don’t pay for protesters, but the people in the meeting who work there objected and said, ‘Wait, you pay us to go to the protests every day?’ Then Jonathan said ‘No, but that’s your job,’ and staffers were like, ‘Yeah, our job is to protest,’ and Westin said, ‘No your job is to fight for economic and social justice. We just send you to protest.’

“Staff said, ‘Yes, you pay us to carry signs.’ Then Jonathan says, ‘That’s your job.’ It went on like that back and forth for a while.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Now we find out who the liars really are. They thought they could cover this up. Lord knows they have had enough people shilling for them here.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"the main force"?

In a movie maybe. I'm pretty sure ACORN dosne't run in Canada, where over 50 major cities are holding OWS protests;and all of which have goals that do nothing for ACORN, the US, or any sort of monopoly.

And I'm also pretty sure the majority of OWS in New York are against ACORN in one way or another. If anything, they are blindly helping.
edit on 3-11-2011 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ahh it was just a matter of time before the exposure of the real string pullers behind all this bollocks was unveiled.

I'm now awaiting the rebuttals and counter arguments of the 'Occupy' die-hards. I predict they'll either rebuke by saying it is diluted, misinformation or maintain that it is an "organic, grass roots movement" words I am so sick of I never want to hear them again.

I feel vindicated- see the threads in my signature.

Pack up and go home people or forever be a part of this scam.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Not everyone here is from the US who are ACORN and SEIU ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This could easily be true, but you have to stop, and look at things in perspective, the allegation is that acorn paid people to carry signs at OWS in support of the protests, not that they are the root of OWS or have backed it from the start. I could pay people tomorrow to carry signs at the local park in support of OWS, and that would not make me its creator, organizer, or financial backer, would it ?

A few questions to ask yourself would be what does acorn, and obama have to gain from this ? Nothing I can think of, and that leaves it all a little suspicious, as maybe its a fabrication to take away support from OWS, and obama at the same time.

Here's the kicker. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE. Just an ex acorn staff member saying this, as for document shredding ? Lets see some evidence of that ...

I`m calling BS on this FOX news story, just like I do on every FAUX news story. I mean seriously they said last week it was Soros, the week before that it was the communist party, the week before that it was ...... you starting to see a pattern ?
edit on 3-11-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
#1) This has already been posted, please use the search function.
and #2) Why bother post anything fox has to say? more than half the crap they talk about they spin for their own means anyways. And why do people take it at face value?

I'de like to see ACORN funding a global movement, its funny, how can someone do this globally? I mean, if there wasn't anything wrong, then why the hell are people out there.

Who cars who funds what, the problem is there, so regardless where the money comes from or whatever, why does it matter? Its a trivial topic, and is just a distraction from the bigger picture.

Sometimes, ats, sometimes..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

ACORN = Association of Community Organizations For Reform Now. A Democrat Party front that did things like register dead people to vote (for the Democrats), push for gun control measures, advocate for amnesty for illegal immigrants, free housing, welfare handouts, etc.

SEIU = Service Employees International Union. The largest labor union in the United States. Big supporters of the Democrats and especially of Obama. They are the idiots in red t-shirts who are always causing fights and pushing people around at TEA Party rally counter-protests and rallies to support Obama's policies.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

ahh , thanks ChrisF231. Makes more sense now

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Who cars who funds what, the problem is there, so regardless where the money comes from or whatever, why does it matter? Its a trivial topic, and is just a distraction from the bigger picture.

Sorry mate, I have to disagree. It matters where the money comes from because the organisation providing the cash flow obviously has an interest in the movement and an agenda behind their support for it- that to me opens a multitude of questions.

We (those against or for) the Occupy protests need to find some sort of common ground. Too often, it's the ant-occupiers such as myself calling complete fraud on the whole thing to receive rebuttals of "there's problems in the world, you should be out here with us protesting alongside your fellow 99%'ers".

It's causing more division amongst the 99% of us aware of what really happens behind the scenes and who's responsible.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics

Sorry mate, I have to disagree. It matters where the money comes from because the organisation providing the cash flow obviously has an interest in the movement and an agenda behind their support for it- that to me opens a multitude of questions.

We (those against or for) the Occupy protests need to find some sort of common ground. Too often, it's the ant-occupiers such as myself calling complete fraud on the whole thing to receive rebuttals of "there's problems in the world, you should be out here with us protesting alongside your fellow 99%'ers".

It's causing more division amongst the 99% of us aware of what really happens behind the scenes and who's responsible.

I attend because i see the bull# thats got us to where we are today
I care not for money, where it comes from, if its used for the right purposes for the occupy movement. If we really think about it, we can just say the federal reserve is funding OWS, because they fund everything and everybody.

And i guess, a lot of people will never learn until they themselves are in the dumps.

Lol, sometimes i just want to fund a place in the woods and leave civilization, because it is so messed it sometimes causes me great mental pain, as to how stupid people are (not you, i mean people who represent us), and banks, who are supposed to know money, but we end up forking over the dough for their mess ups.

The whole system needs to go down, and reboot. Because its not working very well for a very large portion of the population and the earths surface.

Short term profits = long term problems. Its just going to get worse, so i'de rather try to change things now, while they're still up, rather than when it all comes crashing down.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The claims that ACORN is behind OWS are laughable, I debated that with a friend of mine today .. the claims are just outrageously stupid .. my friend also seemed to think that the protests were only in Oakland, he had no idea it was world wide ...

ACORN is playing a part in OWS, yes .. but the part they are playing is an attempt to hijack the movement in some cities.. they are jumping in and trying to solicit to make money for ACORN.. trying to sell flags and various items, even going door to door claiming to be part of OWS to get donations.. they are leeches .. There's a video on youtube of a group of ACORN members being ejected from a protest by force .. ACORN isn't welcomed in the OWS movement ..

My friend, like others, seems to think that OWS is this organization with a leadership .. he compares it to his favorite group the Tea Party organization.. he points out that Tea Party rallies were peaceful and OWS is violent .. he even went so far as to make up a magical 50% number when he declared how many of the OWS folks were criminal rapists .. which I was amused at since he also thought OWS was only an Oakland thing.

He, and the OP apparently, fail to realize that OWS is comprised of everyone.. your friends, family, neighbors, soldiers, teachers, law enforcement even .. people who decide to show up, there's no membership, there's no leadership .. it's not like the tea party that has a financial backbone to buy permits, pay for insurance and genuinely organize things.. this is a genuine protest of the people .. And with it, of course there's going to be some rogue interruptions..

I wish people would at least know what they are talking about.. if you don't realize the scale of the OWS protests at very least, shush .. =) when you realize that OWS is international, the ACORN thing becomes a joke.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have tons of things to say about this, but because I have a no nonsense attitude at the moment, I'm just gonna say

No.

You don't know what you're talking about. Take this from a person who was there in 2007 and saw the potential of a public presence after the Scientology raids. This has little to do with ACORN, I'll guarantee you that. But keep shoving the propaganda into your body in the incorrect direction, I'm sure it will continue to feel just as good.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure here in the UK the Occupy movement has sweet FA to do with Acorn/Fox et al. Occupy Westminster for example. It's all just being downplayed by the media, as to be expected.

I'm pretty sure this is global now, whether it will actually make any difference, well, only time will tell I guess. I'm just waiting for a god damn zombie apocalypse, wish it'd hurry up.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Simply put, but straight to the pint .. Bravo =)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The same network editing footage of ACORN employees doing a respectable job? They were fired as a result. My, what short term memories we have.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I attend because i see the bull# thats got us to where we are today
I care not for money, where it comes from, if its used for the right purposes for the occupy movement. If we really think about it, we can just say the federal reserve is funding OWS, because they fund everything and everybody.

And i guess, a lot of people will never learn until they themselves are in the dumps.

Lol, sometimes i just want to fund a place in the woods and leave civilization, because it is so messed it sometimes causes me great mental pain, as to how stupid people are (not you, i mean people who represent us), and banks, who are supposed to know money, but we end up forking over the dough for their mess ups.

The whole system needs to go down, and reboot. Because its not working very well for a very large portion of the population and the earths surface.

Short term profits = long term problems. Its just going to get worse, so i'de rather try to change things now, while they're still up, rather than when it all comes crashing down.

Fair enough mate, we all have our different ways of doing things and I agree 100% with what you have stated however, my personal choice based of the decision made by the brain given to me is to not support any Occupy movement.

As for the dumps, I grew up in them. From low socio-economic, heroin filled, South East Melbourne to rural Eastern Victoria (my state) where the socio-economic situation is really not much different than any cuty slum, minus the tall buildings and percentage of ethnicities. I've had to watch my old man get absolutely bent over a barrel by the system, not be able to work and be addicted to pescription drugs...basically making him a legal junkie. My parents almost had to foreclose on the house and as a result, the bank will always own 25% of it. Also, my mother being lured in by the gambling beast and becoming a problem gambler..obviously causing turbulence and numerous arguments between my folks and distress for myself and my brothers. The upside is the family fought through all of this and has stabilised in to one of the tightest knit families I've ever seen with all 5 of us achieving various successes in work and other areas.

Now, I live in South Melbourne which, typical of Melbourne comprises people with BMW's and nice houses to mass ammounts of public housing, beautiful parks and gardens, yuppy business', smack addicts and ENORMOUS public housing towers (see; Park Towers)

It keeps things interesting
I live in an older...less modern you could say house in an alleyway but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

You do what you feel is right mate, I'll do what I feel and we'll find the many things we CAN agree on which I'm sure far outweigh the points of dispute

Stay safe out there

edit on 3/11/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by PhoenixOD

ACORN = Association of Community Organizations For Reform Now. A Democrat Party front that did things like register dead people to vote (for the Democrats), push for gun control measures, advocate for amnesty for illegal immigrants, free housing, welfare handouts, etc.

SEIU = Service Employees International Union. The largest labor union in the United States. Big supporters of the Democrats and especially of Obama. They are the idiots in red t-shirts who are always causing fights and pushing people around at TEA Party rally counter-protests and rallies to support Obama's policies.

en.wikipedia.org...

Vote early and vote often is a generally tongue-in-cheek phrase used in relation to elections and the voting process. Though rarely considered a serious suggestion, the phrase theoretically encourages corrupt electoral activity, but is used mostly to suggest the occurrence of such corruption.[1]

The phrase had its origins in the United States in the mid-19th century, and had an early appearance in Britain when a newspaper re-printed correspondence from an American solicitor. The phrase, however, did not find widespread use until the early 1900s when it was used in relation to the activities of organized crime figures in Chicago.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The truth comes out. Obama's personal hit squad is the main force behind OWS. This means we have all been lied to all along and the OWS is a phony movement.

I think you're a phony if you think that ACORN and Obama is behind the Occupy movement. They may have been involved in some initial rallies around some American cities, but they by no means represent the whole of the movement.

I even played a part in starting an successful occupy movement in my current city. No ACORN members up here, just people dissatisfied with the system that they slave under.

While I don't really think too much of the Occupy movement itself, I find it insulting that you could trivialize the voices of millions of regular people who have rallied in them by labelling it as a "phony" movement. I take it that you've never even been to one yourself.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The truth comes out. Obama's personal hit squad is the main force behind OWS. This means we have all been lied to all along and the OWS is a phony movement. It is the Obama reelection campaign and ACORN and SEIU are the OWS.

Expect a lot of violence and crime now.

I do not think your assessment is very accurate. I would not call ACORN the driving force behind OSW, if anything it is a clear example of how movements get coopted and marginalized. OSW was already in the streets at the time ACORN began paying people to go to the protest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join