It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Im a believer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by SuperSmartGuy

Forever alone ;_;

And now you know how we felt when you had picked on us.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm sorry!!!
Second

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I'm sorry!!!
Second

Now I may be willing to forgive you.

Perhaps other people here may have already forgiven you.

And perhaps even they
s7.postimage.org...
might be willing to forgive you.

But you cannot expect such to come so easily, so quickly, so suddenly, or without a worth earn by your patience and good acts. It takes time to undo the damage one has down to his or her environment. The burns of distrust are not so quickly swept away as one would like. It is something you must work hard and obtain. That is how our world works, most of the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

Alright, so you're a believer now ? In what ? If you aren't ready to clarify just yet, then just say that. No preasure.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'll catch up and read the thread tonight or tomorrow so I apologize for doing this but I'm going to comment anyway. I get the whole not being a believer thing and doubting those that do but why would you actively search out and try to put down people who are into something you can't understand? If this has come up already, again I'm sorry but it irritates me when certain people jump into ufo discussions just to crap all over it, if it's not your thing move on. As far as I'm concerned that goes for any discussion, real life or online.

I'll read the thread now, if I screwed up let me have it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You should be believing... our hunt is on. We are headed to Earth once more to feed our parasites. We are almost there. Be prepared. I take my burgers with relish.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by obviouslynotanalien

Do I sense another " I am a/the ________" thread coming on?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Some people wouldn't believe trees exist if they had never seen one with their own eyes.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by carl6405

Some people wouldn't believe trees exist if they had never seen one with their own eyes.

I don't think anyone would deny UFOs exist. There are certainly things people see in the sky that go unidentified.

However, the question as to what those UFOs are still remains unknown, and saying "I don't know what it is, therefore it must be aliens" conclusion seems presumptuous.

I realize the OP himself isn't presuming what he saw was an alien craft, but there seems to be plenty of people on this thread implying that the UFO phenomenon means aliens are visiting us.

edit on 11/7/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I dont think it was a extraterrestrial, because I don't fully buy into that yet, but it wasn't a normal airplane, nothing like I have ever seen before, and I live next to an airport.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I was the skeptic that everyone hates on these forums.

First off nobody hates you, they may have disagreed with you but hate is far too stronger word to use.

Secondly, I personally have seen a metallic disc shaped craft up close so when someone tells me it doesn't exist its all in mind I used to take great offense.Not now though as I have learned my mistake. I have spoken to many sceptical minded people and to date I know of 18 who have changed their mind after witnessing first hand something quite extraordinary. You are not alone and thats for sure. One such person who changed their mind last year, I used to have blazing rows with and when he wrote a thread like yours he put his tail between his legs and admitted he was wrong. I applaud him as I applaud you. Now you have had a glimpse in to the unknown, Pandoras box is open and it is up to you whether or not you keep it open or close it. One thing for sure, your will always remember what you saw.

I do hope you keep it open and look deeper in to the rabbit hole because when you start a whole new world emerges and you will not believe what you can find. Its all very well thinking that we are the centre of the universe but when you see how big this is you will be blown away.

Old eastern philosophy/history holds many answers.

edit on 8-11-2011 by franspeakfree because: Dimensions are just a stones throw away.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I don't think anyone would deny UFOs exist. There are certainly things people see in the sky that go unidentified.

However, the question as to what those UFOs are still remains unknown, and saying "I don't know what it is, therefore it must be aliens" conclusion seems presumptuous.

Oh, how disingenuous can one be? Is that was passes as 'skepticism' nowadays?

If several people report seeing a metallic, disk-shaped object floating a hundred feet from them, and an object is picked up in that same place by radar, and the object (obviously 'manufactured' and not natural) seems to respond intelligently, flashing lights and all, and then the object accelerates away in a manner that we're basically positive human-made aircraft are incapable of... what is the answer?

You're right, the answer is "I don't know." But spare me the tired old "it's presumptuous" bit!! As if people are merely thinking "I don't know, therefore it's aliens"?!?! Your remarks are fatuous.

Isn't the reasoning of most UFO believers something more along the lines of "I don't know, but it appeared to be intelligently controlled, and much more advanced than anything we have, so... maybe it was aliens?"

How is that the least bit "presumptuous"? Is there a more obvious inference that can be drawn? Oh, it's "inter-dimensional" then? Okay, well that's worthy of some headlines too, I'd imagine....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Random blinking lights in the sky? MUST be aliens! Humans are not capable of that kinda of randomizing lights!...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I dont think it was a extraterrestrial, because I don't fully buy into that yet, but it wasn't a normal airplane, nothing like I have ever seen before, and I live next to an airport.

That's wise of you, based on your sighting alone, darkredfish.

However, just to add a little wider perspective.... take what darkredfish saw, and then add just one more element to it. ("Pick one, any one!" Haha.) Something like... the object then sped away in the blink of an eye... or, it was performing right angle turns in an instant... or, it was the size of a Wal-Mart... or, it had windows and no wings and looked metallic... and so on. Add any one of those to what the OP saw, and THEN you've got something like what millions of other people around the world have seen.

(Yes, millions. Literally. Polls routinely show 10-20 percent (often higher) have seen what they label a 'UFO', right? Assume that even only *one* percent of that 10-20 percent are these highly strange types of sightings. So that's one-tenth of a percent of 300 million in the US alone... and we're already up to 300,000(!!). So what the heck, call it 1/50th of a percent, and that's still millions of people, world-wide, over 50 years.... )

Are all of these people hallucinating? (Often in groups... with radar-confirmation... etc., etc.?) If anyone actually thinks so... well, then shouldn't THAT phenomenon itself be worthy of our most rigorous scientific investigation?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

I agree that millions of people would say "I saw something strange I couldn't explain", but I'm not sure how you can jump to the conclusion that those people saw an object which "sped away in the blink of an eye... or, it was performing right angle turns in an instant... or, it was the size of a Wal-Mart..."

Many people have use the words "something strange that I can't explain" to describe the landing light of an airliner that was flying in a direction generally toward them. This would look like a single bright light that would appear to hover and/or move side-to-side.

I've read instances here on ATS of people using the words "something strange that I can't explain" (or similar) to describe a light in the sky that suddenly turns brighter than the brightest star, stays that way for a minute, then dims to a light orange hue. That would probably describe the International Space Station.

There have been people who reported seeing a huge UFO behind trees, only to later realize it was just the Moon.

I'm just saying that I'm not sure how many of those millions of people who say they saw something they couldn't explain actually saw a building-sized object (clearly), or an object that was clearly there that disappeared in an instant, or saw an object with their naked eye that was clearly artificial and made instantaneous right-angle turns.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Welcome to the club OP

Great to hear you have now found the truth, now get researching the history of UFOs, and try to see the bigger picture,

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Alright, so you're a believer now ? In what ? If you aren't ready to clarify just yet, then just say that. No preasure.

Yeah. That's what I'm trying to figure out. A believer in what? That lights can sometimes flash in the sky? That no human agency could possibly be responsible for that kind of light flashing? What?

If you've made the jump in your mind from odd blinky lights to a universe full of marvelous alien intelligences, I'd like to hear some of the thought process that made that happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Yeah. That's what I'm trying to figure out. A believer in what? That lights can sometimes flash in the sky? That no human agency could possibly be responsible for that kind of light flashing? What?

If you've made the jump in your mind from odd blinky lights to a universe full of marvelous alien intelligences, I'd like to hear some of the thought process that made that happen.

Not even. I believe what Jesus Christ says. Flat out. He is my sanity, in a world gone totally mad.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh god, don't bring him into this....
*Excuse my pun*
*Not that it was that good..*

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Not even. I believe what Jesus Christ says. Flat out. He is my sanity, in a world gone totally mad.

Gospel of Thomas, Saying 37
"His disciples said, "When will you be shown forth to us and when shall we behold you?" Jesus said, "When you strip naked without being ashamed, and take your garments and put them under your feet like little children and tread upon them, then [you] will see the child of the living. And you will not be afraid."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join