It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Think tanks want CIA to create havoc in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
www.twq.com...

Right there on page 16, their strategy is outlined:

A critical component of any strategy, however, would be to make connections with the Green Movement. Today, there are many opportunities to connect with Iranian activists. Iran is a land of labor protests and political demonstrations. The challenge is to establish ties, overt or covert, with important trade unions and student organizations that already have a national network connected through social media outlets. Clerical dissidents of all sorts should be induced to condemn the moral shortcomings of the Islamist regime, while efforts should be intensified to provoke a stream of defections from Iran’s nuclear industry and diplomatic corps. An attempt to systematically hollow out the Islamist state should be one of Washington’s top priorities

including:

The CIA would need to tread carefully lest it fall into traps inevitably laid by Tehran’s own security forces, but at this point, it would be extremely productive to establish contact with Iranian opposition groups in hope of finding out what the United States could do to help them

From the current issue of Washington Quarterly, Fall 2011:

www.twq.com...

Also this magazine is pointing to Iran as well:

www.hoover.org...

The possibility of Iran acquiring nuclear weapons leads some experts to suggest that such a development may be containable. They argue that a stable balance of deterrence can be achieved with Iran, akin to the nuclear equilibrium between the U.S. and the Soviet Union during the Cold War. I will argue that this is an erroneous proposition, as the levels of instability and risk involved in nuclear armament in the Middle East are incalculably higher. My view is based, among other considerations, on the working assumption that a nuclear Iran will lead to the development of a nuclear capability by other regional players, such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey.

www.hoover.org...
edit on 3-11-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Heaven forbid that Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia...etc....etc have nuclear capabilities! I guess that would mean we'd have to actually ask to slaughter thousands of them?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sounds like a continuation of a Psychological Operations campaign to me.

The only problem with PSYOP is you never hear of the successful campaigns until they don't matter anymore. And of course...the failures, which seem to be in the news all too often.

And a failed campaign can really bite those who originated it in the butt. Not to mention ruin the credibility of those who are not even involved, but are just trying to good through diplomatic means.

Of course diplomats create their own nightmares too.

join