It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun spot AR1339 shoots out X2-class Solar Flare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Earth-orbiting satellites have just detected an X2-class solar flare. The source is huge sunspot AR1339, described below. Stay tuned for updates.

www.spaceweather.com...

This is after i just read a thread saying if AR1339 has a X-class flare it could change the course of astroid YU55 to hit earth or the moon???
edit on 3-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Isnt there a solar watch thread for this?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Earth-orbiting satellites have just detected an X2-class solar flare. The source is huge sunspot AR1339, described below. Stay tuned for updates.

www.spaceweather.com...

This is after i just read a thread saying if AR1339 has a X-class flare it could change the course of astroid YU55 to hit earth or the moon???
edit on 3-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I would assume that the flare would have to hit the asteriod to have an effect. But I claim ignorance when it comes to space weather. I'm still learning.

Anyone who is smarter than me concerning space weather, please chime in.

And can someone point out a good Space Weather 101 on-line site?
There are so many sites that I'm all discombobulated regarding this subject.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Mhh i wounder if this sun spot has anything to do with the government spraying chemtrails like crazy this week. In fact someone just made a thread about that. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I also find when we get hit with a solar storm it seems to effect people. People tell me they feel sometimes depressed or feel like they are going crazy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

Now do not mix up an X flare with a solar, or geomagnetic storm. X flares I believe cannot make any people feel badly. While geomagnetic storms (Caused by Xflares, but arriving later if at all) can. Just wanted to say this with all due respect.

top topics

join