It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinner in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Pathetic

Although I view this as something cool, I have a few issues.

Dinner in the sky is exactly that, they serve you dinner whist you're floating, flying in the sky.

Now with Spain at an all time high rate of unemployment, I dont see how people are going to be able to pay for this.

After 3 years of hosting events in the sky exclusively upon corporate order we usher in a new gastronomic era for Spain.

A new gastronomic era for Spain? These people have got to be joking.
Spain drowns in unemployment whilst corporations fly above your head consuming this menu;

Cones of tuna with green tea and salmon with Miso and Yuzu Cheeseboard with parmesan and black olive cookies Curry tempura nuts Homemade croquettes with Iberian ham Marinated Anxovies with vinegar and seasonal fruits Wanton chips with smoked perfum Drinks: mineral waters, soft drinks and Cava Nuclo appetizers Steamed king prawns salad with olive oil and chilli Tender lamb with vegetable lasagne and polenta Cream cheese with strawberry infusion, caramel and eucalyptus Petis fours

Wanton chips with smoked perfum?
Whilst you walk from company to company sending endless cv's on foot. You can stop and view how these people munch on paradise. Whilst they look down at you.

Instead of fixing the country or bringing in some sort of thing that would boost the moral of the people, no instead what we'll do is have dinner up there so you can't ask for the leftovers.

Imagine a future where people on the ground will be fighting for the leftovers off a table floating right above your heads.
It's a scenario yes, am I taking it to extremes, maybe.

1,40 metres minimum size of the participant

Sorry people with height disabilities, you're out.

200 kg maximum weight of the participant

If you ate all the pies like me, chances are you're not going to make it either, they have MacDonalds for us at the bottom.

dependent on the weather not feasible in case of thunderstorm with lightning, heavy wind or rain

Well this guy must have been the top of his class, wouldn't you agree?

depending on the flight 1 to 1,5 hours (incl. fasten seat belts before and undo after the flight)

An hr and a half? Crap.
Take your seat belt off after the flight? No Sh$t Sherlock.

Spectators

Welcome on the ground

You mean like the public ground?

Forbes Magazine classifies Dinner in the sky as one of the world's 11 most extravagant and lavish dining experiences.

Yet last time I checked they telling us all, we're in an economical crisis.

There are toilet facilities next to the event site. If you need to go there during your flight, the table goes down in less than 2 minutes. You visit the rest rooms, come back and we go up again.

I hope they are bringing their own portable toilets, cheeky sods.
That can't be a comfortable meal.

We can also recommend Dinner in the sky for wheelchair users.

How much would a wheelchair with a person weigh?

www.eventline-sl.com...

Pathetic, totally pathetic.

You can bet that the working class man will not be eating smoked perfum up there but worrying about the country down here with the rest of us.

Great image for a country that's on the low end of the economical crisis.

Thank you.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
impractical but i'd pay for that.
looks like so much fun, look out below chilli goes right through me.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

You can tell that to all the poor families who are sharing their food at the moment.

Lucky you eh.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

You can tell that to all the poor families who are sharing their food at the moment.

Lucky you eh.

Aybe we should all live in huts and eat grass, gtfo with the sob crap. People still want to enjoy life even if you dont.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
just saying the actual thing they eat on looks fun.
at the top of your post you mention it as something that looks cool so can't anyone else appreciate the flying dinner table.
i'm saddened by poverty and the fact that the rich don't give a crap as much as the next.
edit on 3/11/2011 by listerofsmeg because: because i can

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

gtfo

What does that mean, sorry could you elaborate?

What huts you talking about the ones people already live in here?

People still want to enjoy life even if you dont.

I have a lot of fun.
Do you know me?
You wish.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

just saying the actual thing they eat on looks fun.

Yes it does look like a lot of fun.

What's more funny is the state of this country.

You have to be here to know.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh sure. It's all fun and games until somebody gets a seagull upside their head.

Seriously, I'm deathly afraid of heights. I could think of better ways of blowing my cash.

On the other hand, for the younger set, it would be a hell of a first date....

new topics

top topics

join