It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion makes me sick

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I sit here this morning pondering on the complete illogical state of religion.
To say someone like a christian feels so righteous that they love god while supporting the killing torture and rape of innocent children and women overseas. They feel that over in iraq every one is going to hell because they don't believe in Jesus.

Really that is what sickens me to have a religious person say that another person should burn in torture and pain for an eternity just from were they were born.

I cant make very much sense of this as these videos will.

George Carlin and Bill Maher

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I gotta go to work now but i will tidy this thread up later and add a bit more.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Faith should have never became any religion.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Religion, Faith, And Theology: Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences.

Maybe this should have been posted in the rant section instead?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dankety
To say someone like a christian feels so righteous that they love god while supporting the killing torture and rape of innocent children and women overseas. They feel that over in iraq every one is going to hell because they don't believe in Jesus.

You will find many people here who follow God and Christ, and completely agree with you. Religion is not belief in God. Religion is man's bastardized interpretation of God's intent for mankind.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

You will find many people here who follow God and Christ, and completely agree with you. Religion is not belief in God. Religion is man's bastardized interpretation of God's intent for mankind.

Right here is one. Religion makes me sick as well, especially the Christian version of it. It's the most perverted, subtle false gospel ever invented by man. Christianity is about a personal relationship with the Lord through His Son Jesus Christ. Certainly not another religion.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
don't confuse evil people who do evil acts in the name of Christ. they are the enemies of Christ and the enemy of mankind. they spit in the face of God.

they do so to discredit God and get the same reaction that you have just posted. to turn people against Christ and God.

don't be so readily deceived. a Christian will welcome you as a brother. not torture you or rape your sister.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dankety

They feel that over in iraq every one is going to hell because they don't believe in Jesus

I am not going to judge but, everyone has millions upon millions of chances each day, from the time they are born till the time they die to accept Christ. You are given the message, what you do or do not do with it, is your choice and is on no one else but you.

Also do not judge the whole for what certain people have done, christianity has been infiltrated by fake believers whose master (satan) is trying to destroy us from within as "divide and conquer" are his tactics.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

I can agree with this.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I hate telling people I am an atheist, because the people I tell are usually Christian, and then they look at me with disgust because I don't believe in a god and they think I am "un-lead". It's all ironic to me because they are Christians and although they follow some of the most beneficial teachings in our times, they do not abide by them. I have yet to this day met a true Christian. I once thought I was one, but in our current state, emotionally, politically, spiritually, it's impossible to be a true Christian.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was listening to an old Malachi Martin interview with Art Bell yesterday and apparently you can live your life as a good muslim, jew, buddhist or whatever, and still be given the chance to accept Christ as your redeemer. His words.....me? Don't have a clue

I have just "woken up" if you will, to the realization that my opinion on God is all assumption. Regurgitated bullsh*t that has been spewn at me since I can remember. I've always believed in a God, but had my own idea, kind of new agey......until I came across the luciferian and satanic doctrines that basically say the same thing. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law...."

So, time to start reading the bible to see what it actually has to say.Especially now that I've realized I've been indoctrinated to avoid it. I may still come to the conclusion that it is indeed a stupid outdated story, but.........maybe not.......maybe not

Free your mind.....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by dankety

Also do not judge the whole for what certain people have done, christianity has been infiltrated by fake believers whose master (satan) is trying to destroy us from within as "divide and conquer" are his tactics.

Unfortunately that "divide and conquer" tactic happened fairly early on with the split of the church into Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Then it happened again with the Anglicans. Then it happened again with the Protestants. Then it happened again within Protestantism. And it continues to happen. I agree Satan did an excellent job on the Bride of Christ.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LeftySinister

Yes, but no matter what satan does there is always and always has been a faithful remnant. Same with the Jews before the Babylonian captivity. There is always a remnant. Not everyone who goes to church is a part of the bride.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yes, but no matter what satan does there is always and always has been a faithful remnant. Same with the Jews before the Babylonian captivity. There is always a remnant. Not everyone who goes to church is a part of the bride.

I'm interested in your concept of a faithful remnant. Who are they? Are they the elect that Jesus spoke of? And what, other than personal interpretation, sets them apart from the rest of the church-going herd?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thingol
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was listening to an old Malachi Martin interview with Art Bell yesterday and apparently you can live your life as a good muslim, jew, buddhist or whatever, and still be given the chance to accept Christ as your redeemer. His words.....me? Don't have a clue

I have just "woken up" if you will, to the realization that my opinion on God is all assumption. Regurgitated bullsh*t that has been spewn at me since I can remember. I've always believed in a God, but had my own idea, kind of new agey......until I came across the luciferian and satanic doctrines that basically say the same thing. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law...."

So, time to start reading the bible to see what it actually has to say.Especially now that I've realized I've been indoctrinated to avoid it. I may still come to the conclusion that it is indeed a stupid outdated story, but.........maybe not.......maybe not

Free your mind.....

You are completely right. You do not have to be a christian to accept Yahuwshuwa Ha Mashiyach (who we call Jesus Christ) as savior. You can be of any faith and accept him, but know this. Once you accept him you must follow his path, and to do that you must read the bible. Once you accept him as savior the Ruach Ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit) will enter you and he will teach you the messiah's ways as you read the bible he will unveil the meanings behind what you read. Whatever you decide to call yourself after that, you are a believer and it is the faith in him that saves you, not the organization you decide to join. The beginning of his path is forgiveness, by learning to forgive others of their transgresses and offenses against you, you are then able to love them. You must learn to forgive before you can truly ever learn to love. That is where his path begins.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yes, the "elect", or "saints". Both OT period and New. Look at the parable of the wheat and the tares, that's the best description and place I can send you to understand. Christ warned of the wolves who would be in sheep's clothing.

edit on 3-11-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftySinister

reply to post by dankety

Unfortunately that "divide and conquer" tactic happened fairly early on with the split of the church into Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy. Then it happened again with the Anglicans. Then it happened again with the Protestants. Then it happened again within Protestantism. And it continues to happen. I agree Satan did an excellent job on the Bride of Christ.

Yes he did, and this is what the Lord was telling the angels of the 7 churches in Revelation. We are his people but he has things against us because we have let other things get in the way of our first love Yahuwshuwa Ha Mashiyach (Jesus Christ) is that first love, and in order to keep him from removing our "candle" from his Menorah we need to return to that first love and put away the foolish things, like denominationism, when his message is more important than each and every other denomination trying to score points and prove over the other who has the correct interpretation of doctrine. These are the Last Days, we have to turn back to him and forget those foolish things because what good is having all that knowledge if you do not put it into practice? Feeding the poor and clothing the needy and serving our fellow men is how we get back on that path. If you cannot lift a finger to help another man wether he has your beliefs or not, you will not see heaven. Faith without works is dead, works without faith is also dead, the cross he has given us to bare is the cross of servitude. In being servants and humbling ourselves we make ourselves meek and the meek shall inherit the earth.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yes, the "elect", or "saints". Both OT period and New. Look at the parable of the wheat and the tares, that's the best description and place I can send you to understand. Christ warned of the wolves who would be in sheep's clothing.

Yes, in other words the hypocrits. Those who call themselves believers but wouldn't lift a hand to help anyone other than themselves. The brand of christians or believers that subscribe to the doctrine of "God helps those who help themselves" which is written nowhere in the word and is blasphemy because Christ is 100% against selfishness. The hypocrits who say they follow christ but do none of the things he did for other people, being the selfless servant. He illustrated this by washing his disciples feet to their astonishment. That simple act is a testament to what we also must do, selfless servitude.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yes, in other words the hypocrits. Those who call themselves believers but wouldn't lift a hand to help anyone other than themselves. The brand of christians or believers that subscribe to the doctrine of "God helps those who help themselves" which is written nowhere in the word and is blasphemy because Christ is 100% against selfishness. The hypocrits who say they follow christ but do none of the things he did for other people, being the selfless servant. He illustrated this by washing his disciples feet to their astonishment. That simple act is a testament to what we also must do, selfless servitude.

Oh the hypocrites! You must mean 99% of people still attending church. I do think that it takes more than charitable works to be considered an 'elect'. From what I understand in the Gospel of John, the elect were chosen to hear his true message, while the stories and parables were for the masses.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I hate telling people I am an atheist, because the people I tell are usually Christian, and then they look at me with disgust because I don't believe in a god and they think I am "un-lead". It's all ironic to me because they are Christians and although they follow some of the most beneficial teachings in our times, they do not abide by them. I have yet to this day met a true Christian. I once thought I was one, but in our current state, emotionally, politically, spiritually, it's impossible to be a true Christian.

I am a person that have been thru some things and is a beliver in something more than the normal world because of it. I have proof that god exists but they will not convince anyone since I can't prove it for others. For me god is a helpful teacher that wants you to understand and stand up for whats right. He is never a bully but sometimes you have to go thru hell to learn things. If you wanna understand god then question him. The only phrase in the bible that is needed is seek and you shall find.

I have seen people from all religon and race reaching enlightment on the internet. How you choose to describe god (different religons) is not that important. It is what you are that is important. If you ever wanna find god then ask the only one who knows the way for help. That one is yourself. Nobody knows your way except you and anybody who tells you otherwise is a fool. Namaste and I wish you happiness and evolution if you wish it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
Originally posted by mr10k

I have seen people from all religon and race reaching enlightment on the internet.

Probably the coolest sentence I've read all day! The internet is the new Buddha!

edit on 3-11-2011 by LeftySinister because: Aesthetics

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join