It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli doctors 'failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Israeli doctors 'failing to report torture of Palestinian detainees'

www.guardian.co.uk

Medical professionals in Israel are being accused of failing to document and report injuries caused by the ill-treatment and torture of detainees by security personnel in violation of their ethical code.

A report by two Israeli human rights organisations, the Public Committee Against Torture (PCAT) and Physicians for Human Rights (PHR), claims that medical staff are also failing to report suspicion of torture and ill-treatment, returning detainees to their interrogators and passing medical information to interrogators.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.stoptorture.org.il
www.phr.org.il

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Shalit even says his captors treated him fairly considering the circumstances and everyone was quick to point out how healthy the released Palestinian prisoners were.

Now we have various organizations reporting on these abuses. Many of us have long heard of stories like this.

Israel should practice what they preach if they want to stand on their soap box at the U.N. and talk about how they are the civilized people of the region.

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
[REMOVED LINK TO PETITION]

ATS & Activism

edit on 11/3/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed link; mod note.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sad and wrong but it happens in most countries..

I doubt there are many countries with perfect prisoner treatment records..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's funny how the U.S. and Israel can torture whoever they want but will criticize anyone else who they suspect of doing it.

Briefing Note: Human rights of Palestinian detainees & prisoners held in Israel, with relation to the struggle against Torture

On October2011 PHR Israel together with Adalah, Al Mezan & PCATI joined forces in lobbying agaisnt torture of inmates held in Israel. The following is general overview of recent statistics and conditions of confinement of Palestinian prisoners in Israel; reviews the insufficient legislative framework safeguarding the rights of Palestinian prisoners and recent legislative initiatives that violate their rights; outlines systemic State practices that violate the human rights of prisoners; details access to remedies; reports on six recent Israeli Supreme Court decisions; provides detail on matters relating to oversight mechanisms, accountability and impunity; defines systemic gaps in the prevention of torture with focus on legal and medical professionals; and concludes with recommendations to the EU.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

My intention was not to single out Israel on this practice. But a country who portrays itself as highly as Israel does should set an example in proper behavior. Especially considering their constant criticism of other countries for lesser offenses.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
of course they're failing to report the torture / abuse of prisoners.. Were they to document and report it there would be evidence of israeli crimes against humanity that would be used against them in a trial.. Silent complicity makes them as guilty as the ones doing the torturing. They're a disgrace to humanity and the medical profession with their disgusting conduct and lack of compassion should be stripped of their medical licences and imprisoned.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I can't remember the exact words that he used but Netanyahu pretty much declared Israel to be the world's modern day Utopia during his last speech at the U.N.

His ability to keep such a straight face while speaking such lies worries me, mostly because a lot of people are taken in by his "charisma" if you want to call it that.

Smooth talking slime balls like this are part of the reason why certain countries can get away with a lot more in the public eye. Meanwhile others are demonized.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This must be bull#, just because from another story about a moslima who've need very soon help, and she could only get this help by a special hospital in Israel. She was afraid what her people had said about Israel like the are unhuman.. but she was very surprised that they very friendly and helped so good.

The Palestinians are not more than only liers, so they present to the world if they don't have nothing, but every week they get much of supplies from Israel.. and stil they're throwing boms on Israel.

And see what how kind they are for just one soldier, trade him for mor than 1000 palastians.. or should I say people from Jordan, because the earlier Palestinian people come from Kreta, Greece.

If I stand in place of Bibi I should say to these Jordan people, you can choose: move now you got the time for it or die. If they won't listen I should put several bombs on it, so everbody will die!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

I guess you don't believe any of the claims made by the prisoners who were tortured. I guess we will have to wait until the report comes out this month.

The report, Doctoring the Evidence, Abandoning the Victim, to be published later this month, is based on 100 cases of Palestinian detainees brought to PCAT since 2007. It says: "This report reveals significant evidence arousing the suspicion that many doctors ignore the complaints of their patients; that they allow Israeli Security Agency interrogators to use torture; approve the use of forbidden interrogation methods and the ill-treatment of helpless detainees; and conceal information, thereby allowing total immunity for the torturers."

Alleged ill-treatment of detainees, some of whose cases are detailed in the 61-page report, includes beatings, being held for long periods in stress positions, hands being tightly tied with plastic cuffs, sleep deprivation and threats. Israel denies torturing or ill-treating prisoners.

I believe the detainees over a Zionist spokesperson any day.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

heard about that speach.. funny hitler, stalin and alot of despots down through the ages all claimed their countries to be utopia's..all were also extremely charismatic..

Never have and never will trust charismatic people.. even less so ones that are so-called leaders beneath the charisma lies pure evil.. Unfortuneatly humanity hasnt outgrown the primitive need for leaders and will blindly follow without question charismatic 'leaders' resulting in misery and death for any who dont follow their twisted ideologies..

Not having television, newspapers or other media out here have to get info either when make my annual trip downriver or here on ats via my mobile so at times am bit behind on events in so called civilisation.. Thus vaguely recall the speach that you refer to..

Him keeping a straight face while making the speach is a sign of being psycotic as those with psychopathic personalities often hide it behind a mask.. Look at the eyes instead they will tell all about a person even those with great charisma..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Shalit even says his captors treated him fairly considering the circumstances and everyone was quick to point out how healthy the released Palestinian prisoners were.

Now we have various organizations reporting on these abuses. Many of us have long heard of stories like this.

Israel should practice what they preach if they want to stand on their soap box at the U.N. and talk about how they are the civilized people of the region.

Shalit made that statement to an Egyptian news crew whilst still in Egypt during his 'intermediary' handing over to Israel. What else is he going to say on an Arabic news channel? For all he knows, his release is all an elaborate hoax by Hamas. He was denied all Red Cross visitations by Hamas during his entire incaceration. You could just as easily replace the words 'Israeli' & 'Palestinian' with 'Chinese' and 'Tibetan', 'Turkish' and 'Kurdish' or 'Eritrean' and 'Ethiopian'. Happens all over the world, and is not endemic to one particular race or demographic. Funny you should choose to focus on a specific target.

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

If I stand in place of Bibi I should say to these Jordan people, you can choose: move now you got the time for it or die. If they won't listen I should put several bombs on it, so everbody will die!!

So you want genocide??

What an outstanding human being you are.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

You really need to see the speech. I will link it for you so you can view it whenever you get the chance. I warn you that even the first 2 minutes are tough to stomach.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

thanks .. going to grab a cuppa tea and a cigarrette while take a look at it..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Shalit was treated well by his own accounts in various interviews. They even fed him Kosher food. Bet you didn't know that did you.

Gilad Shalit: 'I hope this deal promotes peace'

PRC leader: Shalit treated well in captivity

Zuhair Al-Qaisi of the Popular Resistance Committees told The Associated Press on Saturday that Gilad Shalit was given sufficient food and allowed to watch Hebrew-language TV. Al-Qaisi added that Shalit was provided food that "fits him as a Jew", by which he appeared to mean kosher food. (AP)

I wonder if the Palestinian prisoners got to watch cable TV

edit on 3-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Israel really bothers me. They're like a 4 year old child who stands there poking you non stop, and when you yell at them, they throw a tantrum. When the tantrum is over, it's back to poking you... Somebody needs to spank them..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Shalit was treated well by his own accounts in various interviews. They even fed him Kosher food. Bet you didn't know that did you. Gilad Shalit: 'I hope this deal promotes peace' PRC leader: Shalit treated well in captivity Zuhair Al-Qaisi of the Popular Resistance Committees told The Associated Press on Saturday that Gilad Shalit was given sufficient food and allowed to watch Hebrew-language TV. Al-Qaisi added that Shalit was provided food that "fits him as a Jew", by which he appeared to mean kosher food. (AP) I wonder if the Palestinian prisoners got to watch cable TV

'Various' interviews would be the 'One' interview that he did through an Egyptian media company whilst he was still incarcerated. Don't pressume to know what you think I don't know. I'll see if I can find an unedited copy of the interview. I know there's one floating around.
In the meantime, there is this link regarding this interview and the 'freedom to speak his mind' that you are insistent he had.
www.haaretz.com...
Or alternatively www.telegraph.co.uk... l.

If you members of Hamas standing behind you during your interview, what do you expect him to say?

Shalit was malnourished when he was returned, and you could just as equally phrase Al-Qaisi's 'food that "fits him as a Jew" ' as "He got food that a Jew deserves". Considering the hatred between Jew and Arab, you can make of that what you want. Even the reporter is quoted as saying "He APPEARED TO MEAN kosher food." Hardly a statement of fact is it?

As for "I wonder if the Palestinians got to watch cable tv"..... Why don't you ask the relatives that were allowed to visit them whilst in incaceration? You would be suprised at the rights prisoners have.

Again, Shalit had no visits from the Red Cross or any other humanitarian group in his 5 year captivity.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

www.guardian.co.uk

Shalit had to say whatever he was instructed to say prior to his official release.

Did you see the pictures of him when he was released? He was about 70 lbs., weak, and pale as a ghost. He couldn't even drink a bottle of water properly without spitting it up.

I watched that situation develop very closely, beginning with his interview while in Egyptian custody upon his release, and your description is completely false and misleading.

Shalit was in solitary confinement, and in an interview once he was safe on Israeli soil, he said he actually got to the point where he was looking forward to being interrogated just so that he could have contact with another human being.

In contrast, the 1000 Palestinian criminals that were released were all fat and happy and had vistitation rights.

Once again, your objective analysis regarding anything to do with Israel comes shining through.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's all gone very quiet.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join