It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Contagion could happen for real folks: Deadly SUPER FLU could reach the UK in 24 hours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

A new deadly strain of super-flu could spread to Britain within 24 hours, experts have warned.
The potential for bird flu and human flu to combine and form a new virus has been described as 'one of the biggest biological threats of our time'.

Fears of new deadly super-flu which 'could spread to Britain within 24 hours'

Coincidence that we just had a movie about a deadly virus spreading across the world with the Mainstream media drooling about the fact whether it could really happen?

Contagion: Could it really happen? - BBC

Can these Evil Pharmaceutical Companies get any more obvious?

edit on 3-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I totally said this was gonna happen!

Makes me glad I'm slightly agoraphobic.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Ah well...more doom to worry about in this already intense month.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Wars, disease, freak weather, its like they wanna kill us off

we'll pull through, we always do, even if this flu would be a ELE, we would survive. Its in our nature.

Que contagion false flag gang!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
lol right? Isn't October and November supposed to be the end of the beginning of the end? Then again, I thought the world was supposed to end on the 28th. I guess I drank all that whiskey for nothing (except a sweet hangover)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Sorry to piss on your doom and gloom sensationalist headline bonfire but, there is no "super-flu" that is headed for Britain..It's all just a "could happen in the near future" story.

Definitely something to keep in mind though.
edit on 11/3/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yeah, the Daily Mail does have sensationalist, fear mongering headlines alright.

But as you said, this super flu could still hit the world in the near future.

edit on 3-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Sorry to piss on your doom and gloom bonfire but, there is no "super-flu" that is headed for Britain..It's all just a "could happen in the near future" story.

Definitely something to keep in mind though.

No, you mean to tell me the Daily Fail are over exagerrating a non-existant problem?
Preposterous.

I'm surprised this flu isn't stealing jobs, giving you cancer and menacing little old ladies.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Another scare tactic just in time for flu season.

Don't bother getting the shot if you are worried about this new "Super Flu" because none of the shots are going to protect you unless they come up with one in 24 hours.

If this is actually real and not a scare tactic then this could be really bad news

I hope this is just pharmaceutical hype.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Dear God...doesn't anyone read the articles they post anymore?!?! First off this 'Super-Flu' doesn't even exist. There's only a possiblity that Bird Flu and regular Flu might combine and mutate into some sort of super flu.....There's also a possibility that I'm gonna win the lotto tomorrow.

That's it...it doesn't exist yet...it's only a possibility. As for the 24 hour part, the article CLEARLY states that if this 'Super Flu' comes into existence then it could spread from one continent to another within 24 hours. Let me quote that for you "Highly infectious strains of the virus against which humans have little defence can spread from one continent to another within 24 hours." Keep in mind...this virus DOESN'T EVEN EXIST YET.

I know this article was written as a cheap scare piece...but come on people. Try to read more than just the title, OK?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I must admit i was wondering where this months Doom was coming from, but they can take a running jump if they think i'm falling for their cr*p. I'll stick with my immune system keeping me healthy instead of pumping it full heavy metals and bits of cow pig and chicken

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I envision lots of hardcore "Daily Fail" folk running along to their GP surgeries, like the good sheep they are, begging for the latest Flu shot.

"But Doctor, my precious newspaper said it could be a REAL possibility"

edit on 3-11-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Same as two years ago.
I guess big pharma wants to boost their flu shots sales.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

what a funny title... wtf is it atm then... On a boat crossing the Atlantic ocean..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The whole bird flu thing the last time was a fake ploy.

If this happens, it will be exactly the same.

Can anyone say, "Placebo effect".

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You should really change your thread title from "to" to "could".......
What blatant sensationalism.......

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

A new deadly strain of super-flu could spread to Britain within 24 hours, experts have warned.
The potential for bird flu and human flu to combine and form a new virus has been described as 'one of the biggest biological threats of our time'.

Fears of new deadly super-flu which 'could spread to Britain within 24 hours'

Coincidence that we just had a movie about a deadly virus spreading across the world with the Mainstream media drooling about the fact whether it could really happen?

Contagion: Could it really happen? - BBC

Can these Evil Pharmaceutical Companies get any more obvious?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You should change that title, OP.

It isn't actually HAPPENING right now - it COULD happen and if it does, there is the potential it could spread to the UK within 24 hours.

Your title suggests that there IS a superflu already occuring and that it will be here in the UK within 24 hours.

The daily mail is full of sensationalism and scare mongering - but your post title is very much the same.

perhaps change it to "Looks like Contagion COULD happen for real folks: Deadly SUPER FLU COULD reach the UK in 24 hours

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo

Wars, disease, freak weather, its like they wanna kill us off

we'll pull through, we always do, even if this flu would be a ELE, we would survive. Its in our nature.

Que contagion false flag gang!

If we would survive it's not ELE, because how can you survive when your extinct?
Think about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Obvious maimstream fear mongering to get the sheeple to scramble for the mercury filled flu shots and the antivirals. The pathogen was obviously developed in a lab and will be released shortly no doubt. Marshall law may be introduced as a result. Total deniability for the criminal ruling class.

My advice is, stock up on your vitamin D and others and take an increased dose of vit d if it breaks out. Wash your hands thouroughly and regularly. If you go to the shops then wear a face mask if it gets bad. Wear gloves when you go out and either dispose of them when you get home or boil wash them and dry for reuse. Dont handle money etc.. handed to you by others without gloves. Anything someone touches is potentially contaminated.

Other things you can do, stock up heavily on food stuffs as most of you are aware. If it gets bad make sure you let your family know the seriousness of the infection, phone in to work saying you are unwell if required and bunker down for a couple of weeks. Most of all, use common sense and take care ATSrs.
edit on 3-11-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join