It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Patriot' Paranoia: A Look at the Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I found this web article when researching general conspiracies. Its a basic view of the most common conspiracies. It is clearly written from the "debunker" point of view.

Conspiracy theorizing has flourished as a virtual art form in all nations and across all political persuasions. But the American radical right has to be considered a strong contender for the title of modern conspiracy champion

The author argues the radical right is responsible for several modern-day conspiracy theories.

Over the last two decades, a far-right conspiracy culture of self-proclaimed "Patriots" has emerged in which the United States government itself is viewed as a mortal threat to everything from constitutional democracy to the survival of the human race.

Article Link

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Old news from the far left Southern Poverty Law Center that is anything but poor. Food for thought but by the SPLC creating lists of supposed hate groups, doesn't that make the SPLC a hate group as well?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I take everything from the SPLC with a bag of salt. They do and have done some good work helping civil rights but simultaneously they promote a theme of Jewish victimization and that is basically the point of this article. Anti-Semitism is the single, unifying repeated theme throughout this hit piece on conspiracies.
It never mentions the fact that many known conspiracies have existed. It infers that everyone who would believe in any conspiracy theory is a "far-left winger" or a "hard-right winger;.
Wouldn't want to be thought of as too far out of the norm. would we?

Here's their Top 10 Paranoid patriots Conspiracy Theories:
Chemtrails
Martial Law (I guess declared states of National emergency don't count?)
FEMA Camps ( I can show you the bill funding $385 million worth of building contracts)
Foreign troops on US soil ( See School of the Americas, Fort Benning, GA)
'Door-to-Door' Gun Confiscations (Did NOT happen during Katrina, those "news clips" are fake)
9/11 as Government Plot
Population Control
HAARP
The North American Union
The Federal Reserve Conspiracy

Conspiracy theorists:

warned against imaginary threats posed by Catholics, Mormons, Jews, American Communists, Freemasons, bankers, and U.S. government officials and agencies

Why Is Judaism the only Religion mentioned?

Gun Confiscation

Within Patriot subculture, the gun-confiscation fear sometimes dovetails with other conspiracies of an anti-Semitic flavor

What do Jews and gun confiscation share in common? Nothing. What is the author talking about?

a subculture of "9/11 Truthism" emerged in which the attacks were seen as anything but a simple case of well-trained Al Qaeda operatives flying planes into landmark buildings.

Just a simple matter and the multiple failures of intelligence and military and civilian aviation aren't even a question?

On both extremes, a distinct current of anti-Semitism runs through 9/11 conspiracies.

the central agents are often very pointedly described as either high officials of Jewish descent or outright Israeli agents. Another feature of anti-Semitic 9/11 conspiracies is the popular claim that 4,000 Israelis and Jews did not show up for work at the World Trade Center

the American people have been denied the truth about the 2001 attacks by "the New World Order-controlled corporatist-Jewish media."

The Federal Reserve system
(as if a private bank making money loaning America's money back to it wasn't a conspiracy!)

It was also seen, this time wrongly, as the latest form of spreading Jewish and banker control over every aspect of American life.For many, it remains the ultimate symbol of New Word Order power, in both Jewish and non-Jewish variants.

This is a transparent effort to equate conspiracy theories and theorists with Anti-Semitism.
SPLC is anti-second amendment as well, another reason I don't like them very much.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Conspiracy theorists:

warned against imaginary threats posed by Catholics, Mormons, Jews, American Communists, Freemasons, bankers, and U.S. government officials and agencies

Why Is Judaism the only Religion mentioned?

Don't Catholicism and Mormonism count as religions?

The Federal Reserve system
(as if a private bank making money loaning America's money back to it wasn't a conspiracy!)

It was also seen, this time wrongly, as the latest form of spreading Jewish and banker control over every aspect of American life.For many, it remains the ultimate symbol of New Word Order power, in both Jewish and non-Jewish variants.

This is a transparent effort to equate conspiracy theories and theorists with Anti-Semitism.
SPLC is anti-second amendment as well, another reason I don't like them very much.

The association of anti-Federal Reserve conspiracy theories and anti-Semitic thought isn't a long stretch. A surprising number of banking-related conspiracies seem to wind up eventually pointing to a controlling elite of Jewish or Zionist bankers.

I'm not, in any way, disagreeing with your overall opinion of the SPLC, nor am I agreeing with the SPLC's take on conspiracy theorists....but in some cases, even they might occasionally be closer to the truth than we'd like.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Not to add fuel to the Gun-Confiscation conspiracies, but here in NY we have some of the craziest gun laws in the country. And by crazy I mean stupid. I'm not sure if you're a firearms enthusiast but New York makes some of the most senseless gun laws, based on ill-informed information perpetuated by lawmakers and anti-gun groups. I wouldn't say there is a conspiracy in NY to take people's guns but 2nd amendment rights are threatened by stupidity and misinformation. But this discussion is probably worth discussion in its own thread, so I will digress

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
Old news from the far left Southern Poverty Law Center that is anything but poor. Food for thought but by the SPLC creating lists of supposed hate groups, doesn't that make the SPLC a hate group as well?

As a previous poster commented, I take everything with a grain of salt. I don't think the SPLC would be classified as a hate group, in its purest form, but everything is relative, right? They have accomplished some good tasks here and there, however, I think these may have been outshown by some of their more radical activities. Most recently, I think what has hurt them the most is their views on Arizona's Anti-Illegal Immigration Measures passed in 2010.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I agree, these "theories" are often much closer to the truth that most would care to admit.
There's usually a good reason certain groups keep showing up as the most likely perpetrators of certain crimes.

new topics

top topics

join