It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know where you can get a job in a week?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Ok, so on September 26th I was ordered by Child Support Divisional Court to do 20 hours of community service a week until my next court date on November 1st. I didn't do any of it actually I went to Lousiana to visit my grandfather because he had a stroke, survived but he was in the hospital and I hadn't seen him in years. Was nice down there alot better than this crap hole I am currently laying my head.

Anyways...I went to my court date, told them what I had been doing for the passed month and the state representative wanted to put me in county jail for 5 days. The judge said to convince her why I shouldn't, I basically told her I'll make the payments for now on blah blah but she ended up saying you have by November 10th to get a job or I get put in a cell.

Anybody know where I could get hired real fast?

edit: For the record I have never been to jail. lol
edit on 3-11-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Fast food place maybe?

Have any friends that can "employ" you just so you can show proof of employment?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Yeah, I was thinking fast food would be my best option but that proof of employment has given me an idea thank you much.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by mileysubet

Yeah, I was thinking fast food would be my best option but that proof of employment has given me an idea thank you much.

Hope everything works out for you.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Screw fast food. Wait tables if you aren't like 50. Restaurants ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS are in need of people.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Temp employment agencies
Fast food
Go to Home Depot and wait for someone to offer you $7/hour to do something dirty and exhausting

But what I want to know is why haven't you been paying your child support?
Even more important, why did you father a child when you can't support one?
You do know children are only made by one activity?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
try a local community center,collage,or restaurant washing dishes or some thing like that the jobs may be crap but the high turn over rate means they might have a opening. but if not the jailhouse isn't that bad free food a place to sleep and remember to network while in there cause you never know what connections might pay of later in life

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
yeah, 23,000 jobs available in Wiliston, ND, start packing! Waiting to buy my ticket, been packing and selling my stuff to get there.

Good luck in your search, been there!

Much Love

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Why not ask the judge to give you a job at the courthouse, before she costs the taxpayers more than you probably owe.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I heard that the North Dakota boom, fast food workers are making as much as construction workers in other states across the country

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

I have been making payments, I lost my job ended up falling behind and basically could never catch up and the state decided to take me to court it happens to alot of people.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

your joking right!!!! a week??? more like 2 years if your lucky!
If you job seeking there must be a reason why, did you
A quite
B lose your job and why
C did the company you work for go OOB ( out of biz)
answer any of these and your in the line for a long time,
D seeking to better my self,
better work environment,
a company that will be a round for20 or more years.
That might get you a second interview, say with in a month, good luck not putting you down just telling it like it is.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
Ok, so on September 26th I was ordered by Child Support Divisional Court to do 20 hours of community service a week until my next court date on November 1st. I didn't do any of it actually I went to Lousiana to visit my grandfather because he had a stroke, survived but he was in the hospital and I hadn't seen him in years. Was nice down there alot better than this crap hole I am currently laying my head.

So, you were in Louisiana for over a month? At what point in over a month did your grandfather actually have the stroke? That seems pretty irresponsible to me, and quite the extended vacation on your part. So your child had to go without support for over a month, too? C'mon, you just didn't want to do the community service. Had you at least done some of it this might have been a valid excuse.

Anyways...I went to my court date, told them what I had been doing for the passed month and the state representative wanted to put me in county jail for 5 days. The judge said to convince her why I shouldn't, I basically told her I'll make the payments for now on blah blah but she ended up saying you have by November 10th to get a job or I get put in a cell.

It's fall, grab a rake and go knocking on some doors if you can't find a legit job. Otherwise call some temp to hire agencies.....

For the record I have never been to jail. lol

And, considering your extended vacation and lack of wanting to do what the judge ordered you, you probably deserve to be!
edit on 3-11-2011 by supine because: quote

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Just wanted to say: Good luck and sorry 'bout grandpa... All i can think of is try everywhere... Jail is usually worse than prison (because of the punks and gangs depending on where you live) so if that comes about keep your head down and mouth shut (nobody is your friend). Keep thinkin' positive - everything works out eventually (even though eventually might seem like eternity)... Best of luck

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Go to a temp agency....

Next time some one has a stroke... Call them on the phone..... Or if you go to visit them don't stay for a whole month when you have court ordered community service to do...

Come on, that was stupid and you know it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Can you sell?

Hit up a car dealership.

As long as you 'want to make a lot of money' you'll get hired pretty quick.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

I agree !! I have 3 son's, ex works for the state of ohio making 28.00 a hour. I have received 40.00 in 3 years. No child support ordered. Just to pay for what I spend of the boys, which he don;t. All 3 son's belong to the same man which works for the state of ohio as a correctional office for lancaster prision. But the Judge ordered he pay nothing, As far a weekly being taken from his payroll. and he pays for their school needs and cloth's, and car insurance. OMG!!!!!! so he pays, nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40.00 for a pair of boots in 4 years. And know I do not get food stamps or any other help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont even make 1/3 what he does, but I do beleive what come around goes around. And I lost my middle son, my pride and joy to a fire, and you know what I am going to leave this post MY not ours cause he was so much like me it kills me, you will never know the pain, unless you go threw the same. My son gave his life at 19 to save 4 people. Please try to give your children what you can and most of all BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! money isn't everything

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I am sorry your grandfather who had a stroke, but the 5th person I didn't talk about was my father. and my son he had a heart as big as the sky, My son was going to save my father after saving 4 family members. I
also lost my father and my Son, can you talk to your ex ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
give up
edit on 3-11-2011 by driftinghours because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
For quick employment, fast food, grocery stores, Wal Mart (or Sams, Costco, ect.) or Home Depot. You can also try temp agencies. If you live near a big city and don't mind overnight work, try pitching newspapers out of your car or truck.

For community service, try Habitat for Humanity or the Make A Wish foundation. Just make sure the judge is okay with it. My guess is that the judge would be highly impressed but you never know.

Good luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join