It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christian Exodus" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

I came across this today for the first time - A movement that calls itself "Christian Exodus"

Home page:
christianexodus.org...

Wikipedia article:
en.wikipedia.org...

From the Wikipedia article linked above:

Christian Exodus is a Christian secessionist group. Initially, they attempted to organize a mass movement to South Carolina and later Idaho. Currently, the goal of Christian Exodus has been to pull members together into micro-communities, through social networking, and encouraging its members to live through what it calls 'personal secession'....

According to their literature, Christian Exodus believes that the United States has strayed from its founding vision.

A statement from their website reads:

“ ChristianExodus.org was founded in November of 2003 in response to the moral degeneration of American culture, and the rampant corruption among the powers that be. The initial goal was to move thousands of Christian constitutionalists to South Carolina to accelerate the return to self-government based upon Christian principles at the local and State level. This project continues to this day, with the ultimate goal of forming an independent Christian nation that will survive after the decline and fall of the financially and morally bankrupt American empire. We have learned, however; that the chains of our slavery and dependence upon godless government have more of a hold on us than can be broken by simply moving to another State.
As many like-minded Christian activists pursue independent Christian living without relocating, the scope has expanded to promote "personal secession" though many and various tracks, wherever they can be implemented. The long process of disentanglement from idolatrous dependencies includes such practices of moving towards a home-centered economy, with intentional community, home-schooling, home-gardening, house churches, health-cost sharing, private exchange, unlicenced ministry, and any other way in which we might live free and godly lives in Christ Jesus, without prostrating ourselves to eat from the hand of the imperial magistrate."

Well, this is the first I've heard of them and I don't know how it worked out, but the idea sounds very attractive to me. Looking around I don't see much recent stuff...has it died before it could be born?

As I said, it might sound good on paper and in reality not work out so well, but I think the idea itself is fantastic. I would love to live in an actual community of totally committed Christians. In a sense I already do, but it is very small. I think the idea of "taking over" part of a state and establishing theonomic rule based on Scripture would be very powerful and attract all sorts of Christians who have had enough.

The environment is getting to be very hostile for Christians. I think most of us who read our Bibles are not surprised at that per se, but actually experiencing repeated and worsening persecution is another. We should be consolidating ourselves.

I have a mixed feeling about the "virtualizing" of this...it seems like a kind of cop-out. Of course it is good to use social networking tools and so on but it can't be a complete substitute for a real live-in communiuty. I want to live to see a real on-the-ground Christian territory....if we have time that is...

Anyway, What do the Christians on ATS think? (Athiests and unbelievers, with all due respect I don't care about your opinions. Nothing personal.)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Exodus eh...

Don't we call that segregation now?

Wait wasn't there a sect of mormons that tried that too? Warren Jeffs or something like that?

Why is it always a "with us or against us" deal with christians?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think the idea of "taking over" part of a state and establishing theonomic rule based on Scripture would be very powerful and attract all sorts of Christians who have had enough.

Doesn't that already exist and it's called Utah.

Already happened and came true I think, Akragon is right Warren Jeffs and Mormons and all those people, I would list more but I really cant think of more. What about the Amish Partygirl arent they like religious and about gods law and stuff...You can always be Amish, they sound cool...Raise a barn in the morning worship god in the evening and make handmade stuff to sell in between all that...Plus Partygirl I heard there men have really manly beards.

I am only somewhat messing with you of course....But really you should consider that what you want already exists, and has existed.

By the way I like the lightning you added in your avatar, it's really cool.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hmm, a group of misguided religious zealots all bundled together into tight knit communities who try to govern themselves with a set of rules they make.

Gee, sounds like the perfect receipe for disaster.

I though you Christian oddballs "loved" people? Why cant you live with the rest of society? I though that was your Master's main idea - that everyone is equal and the same and should all be loved equally? This movement of segregating yourselves sounds very opposite to you Master's idea.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Athiests and unbelievers, with all due respect I don't care about your opinions.

You're going to get it anyway.

That's the American way, all right! Form a religious extremist cult that goes against the very concept of freedom, expel the non-believers and infidels, and then pretend that it follows in line with how this country was meant to be and what Jesus taught... That's really.... AMAZING!

I know you don't care about my opinion, but I am just exercising MY freedom. Religious freedom is for ALL people. If you want to live in a nation ruled by religion, I have a few suggestions.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would rather have all the anti-social religious nut jobs sequestered far, far away from the rest of us. They need to stay away from my doctors, teachers, law makers and court systems, period!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So you are saying there is a movement for fundamental and dogmatic cultists who call themselves followers of Christ to gain independence from the rest of the people and thereby excluding themselves from the world?

Win/win for everybody!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea. Christians are tired of being persecuted and those who persecute are tired of the Christians. In time though it's bound to fail. People came to America for the same reasons, and look how that turned out.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl(Athiests and unbelievers, with all due respect I don't care about your opinions. Nothing personal.)

Doesn't sound very Christian of you. I thought you lot were all about tolerance and accepting of people? So you don't care about the opinions of those that don't see things your way?

Doesn't sound like what Jesus would have said. He would have cared.

new topics

top topics

join