It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US' Surprising Eugenics Program Revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Human experimentation has a dark history embeded throughout the globe, including the United States. We often think of Nazi Germany, or Unit 731 of Japan, however, the U.S. has performed its own share of experiments on human beings.

This article was brief but it provided an informative look into human experimentation in the United States.

When most people think of eugenics, the practice of "improving" the hereditary qualities of a race by controlled, selective breeding, they think of Nazi Germany and their attempts to exterminate certain ethnic groups.

"The concept of eugenics was created in the late 1800s by British scientist Sir Francis Galton. The mindset at that time was to use genetic selection used in breeding thoroughbreds and other animals to create a class of people who were free of inferior traits. Indiana became the first state in the nation to pass a eugenics law in 1907."

In 1927, a landmark Supreme Court case known as Buck v. Bell gave further fuel to the eugenics movement, as the court actually ruled that the state of Virginia could legally sterilize teenager Carrie Buck, who had been sent to the Virginia State Colony for Epileptics and Feeble-minded because her foster parents deemed her a moral delinquent. It was following this ruling that the eugenics movement really took off in the United States.

Article Link

Morally and ethically, how do justify utilizing the data learned from Nazi human experimentation? I know this is a serious question and I do not ask it lightly. Without a doubt, many people were tortured and suffered at the expense of science. As a result of Nazi human experiments, we learned a great deal about hypothermia and exposure, depressurization, and even ballistics and bullet wound forensics. How do you honor those who died for this information? Because of human experimentation in the U.S., laws addressing Informed Consent developed which serve to inform and protect patients.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Good thread. Open eyes a little further. We are all Test Subjects. One way or another we are being altered. However the Human Spirit is a force of nature that can overcome. We have Free Will, the ability to think, create, destroy, love, and hate. Looks good on paper, but that is the underlying problem. It has been since the dawn of mankind and as this Timeline comes to an end it will become evident who TPTB really are and why They do the things They do. Hope you can see how what I just typed relates to this thread.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotForgetMe
Good thread. Open eyes a little further. We are all Test Subjects. One way or another we are being altered. However the Human Spirit is a force of nature that can overcome. We have Free Will, the ability to think, create, destroy, love, and hate. Looks good on paper, but that is the underlying problem. It has been since the dawn of mankind and as this Timeline comes to an end it will become evident who TPTB really are and why They do the things They do. Hope you can see how what I just typed relates to this thread.

Absolutely! I think you are correct about the human spirit. Its a construct that will always perservere. The human being is endowed with a great polarity that defines us as a race. We are capable of great evils, but we are also capable of awesome acts of courage and kindness. I hope we will continue to move forward and learn what it means to push through the craziness of life. Your reply reminds of one of my favorite Tool songs: 46 & 2.

I choose to live and to Grow, take and give and to Move, learn and love and to Cry, kill and die and to Be paranoid and to Lie, hate and fear and to Do what it takes to move through.

I choose to live and to Lie, kill and give and to Die, learn and love and to Do what it takes to step through.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I think the Idea behind eugenics was to prevent those whom didn't have the ability to think, create rationally and for good intention from breeding. It is in all creatures to love and hate and to destroy (survival of the fittest).

I don't agree with it but I can look from both sides of the fence

Why would one want to support many individuals when one has problems supporting ones self? Now, think of that on a mass scale. Not one, but hundreds of thousands if not millions. In essence, it's like destroying a town of 100 people to save a city of 1 million people.

I hope you get my point.
edit on 2-11-2011 by kimish because: 46 & 2 is one of my favorite songs

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I think the Idea behind eugenics was to prevent those whom didn't have the ability to think, create rationally and for good intention from breeding.

From most of what I read it seems that was the intention. It reminds me of the surgical practice of performing frontal lobotomies for mental disease. Brutual.

I think 46 & 2 is a great metaphor for what our society is experiencing right now!
edit on 2-11-2011 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yale Study: U.S. Eugenics Paralleled Nazi Germany

This article is a little dated (c. 2000) but still informative and appropriate. This is why its important to study history, to avoid the mistakes of our past.

German and American eugenics advocates both believed science could solve social problems, tended to measure the worth of the individual in economic terms and felt mental illness a threat to society grave enough to warrant compulsive sterilization.

And while Nazi claims of Aryan superiority are well known, researchers said U.S. advocates of sterilization worried that the survival of old-stock America was being threatened by the influx of ``lower races'' from southern and eastern Europe.

Article Link

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Doesn't Eugenics happen in nearly all races now? I would assume that there would be Black Panthers who feel that they are a superior race and that they must breed out all mixed white-and-black races. I know that in the Latino community that there are those who feel that they can overpopulate whites and take over America by telling their women to have numerous babies and not use birth control.

What was Eugenics in America during the early 1900s was they believed the Anglo-Saxon races had the "best genes" and as you said they felt that southern and eastern Europes were polluting the gene pool. Whereas Nazi Eugenicists had a false notion of the origin of blonde hair and blue eyes and that they should breed everyone back to blonde hair and the lightest shade of blue eyes. Nazis would also sterilize all other races and enact Euthanasia on anyone they deemed "crazy" which included many persons who showed aptitude of extra-senses (E.S.P.)

With modern Eugenics, isn't it more subjective? Doesn't it all depend on what an individual claims to be the "best genes"? What Nazis would call the "crazy" or those who exhibited "extra-senses", tends to be more desired genes in modern times. Technically one might say that since the Germans enacted Euthanasia on so many persons who had extra-sensory abilities that they may very well have destroyed their own gene pool of extra-senses of the human brain--which may have inhibited their own evolution. Not to mention how many German scientists fled to the UK, US and Russia and their intelligent genes have now been absorbed into each of those countries. ~wink~ And with modern American Eugenics v. European Eugenics...Europeans still base their Eugenics off historical notions of where they think they originated from, even if that history can easily be proven false. European Eugenics in modern times is still very nationalistic.

Yet, American Eugenics in modern times is no longer about just the Anglo-Saxon groups. Since so many Europeans mixed with Native Americans, even if only 1/8 or 1/16 or 1/32, many identify with genes they got from Native Americans that they feel were/are better than genes that circulate through Europe. So many modern American Eugenics want to place higher qualities on a mix of genes. Which were the best Irish genes? Which were the best Italian genes? Which were the best British genes? Which were the best German genes? Which were the best Russian genes? Which were the best Greek genes? Which were the best Native American genes and from which tribe? Which were the best Asian genes? (and so forth) And what's the best mix of genes?

Which is still altogether different from Europeans who still base their modern Eugenics on nationalism and history. They don't want racial intermixing for choices of the best genes as each feels that their country's genes are the "best".

So isn't "Eugenics" in the eye of the beholder?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress

Nazis would also sterilize all other races and enact Euthanasia on anyone they deemed "crazy" which included many persons who showed aptitude of extra-senses (E.S.P.)

I find this a bit hard to believe. No one has ever shown an aptitude for ESP as it's not a real thing. Unless, of course, some con artist had convinced people he had ESP and was then euthanised by the Nazis, in which case he must have felt like an idiot.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Nazis would also sterilize all other races and enact Euthanasia on anyone they deemed "crazy" which included many persons who showed aptitude of extra-senses (E.S.P.)

I find this a bit hard to believe. No one has ever shown an aptitude for ESP as it's not a real thing. Unless, of course, some con artist had convinced people he had ESP and was then euthanised by the Nazis, in which case he must have felt like an idiot.

What exactly do you find hard to believe? That the Nazis,the SS, and Hitler were involved in The Occult and other metaphysical subjects? After everything the Nazis believed in and carried out, you find it hard to believe that they might believe some people had an aptitude of ESP? They tried to chase down many artifacts they believed would bring a German victory during the war.

Article Link

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I've no doubt the Nazis tried to track down artifacts. I've also no doubt that they THOUGHT they found and killed people with "powers". What I DO doubt, though, is that anyone ever showed an aptitude for ESP, as you asserted. You can't show an aptitude for something that doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've no doubt the Nazis tried to track down artifacts. I've also no doubt that they THOUGHT they found and killed people with "powers". What I DO doubt, though, is that anyone ever showed an aptitude for ESP, as you asserted. You can't show an aptitude for something that doesn't exist.

Gotcha. I don't think it is the belief of the article's author that ESP exists, although I can't say for sure, rather, I think he/she assumes the Nazis believed in ESP. They believed in a lot of crazy stuff. Isn't it ironic that we're debating whether or not ESP is fact or fiction on a website devoted to UFOs and ET?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

How odd. Where do you get your info that allegedly "no one" has ever shown an aptitude for ESP? I've met plenty of people in my lifetime that have shown such an aptitude. Even the average person has experienced some form of precognition or telepathy. Most common example would be thinking of a person and then the phone rings and it was the person that you were thinking of. Some might call that precognition or anticipating that the person you were thinking of would call. Others might call that telepathy, if it's a situation of the person who was going to call projected their thoughts about calling, then you interpret the projection and then the phone rings after they dial.

The government has spent millions on ESP programs in the United States to compete with Russian ESP programs. Are you saying that none of those people in either country displayed any form of ESP? And if so, where do you get your info? Are you even qualified in any form of psychology/sociology to actually analyze? Do you have any educational background in gifted children or gifted adults? Have you ever met any of them to be qualified to state that "no one" has the ability?

Or do you just buy into Nazi propaganda about ESP? After all, it was the Nazis of the 1930s/1940s who executed gypsies, Jews and Germans who contended to have extra senses. If you claim that "no one" has such extra senses, then you agree with the Nazis.

Hitler may have had his own personal German psychic who he claimed was superior to other countries and their psychics. But it was a German man who claimed to interpret the French Nostradamus, and the German man couldn't interpret the French Nostradamus at all. In the end, Hitler executed his own personal psychic.

I'd say that any German, German Jew, or gypsy with natural psychic abilities such as precognition would have fled Nazi Germany anyway. After all, they would've seen it coming. So they would have fled to the UK, the US or Russia--if they could afford to. But not all were in a situation to flee even if they could precognitively see their own deaths.

Nazis would have executed or euthanized anyone who claimed to have:
1. Precognition or Retrocognition
2. Telepathy
3. Clairvoyance
4. The ability to sense location (clairvoyance to location of person or object)
5. Empathy
6. Mediums- Those who claimed to communicate with the dead

Of the ones that didn't flee, that's a pretty large gene pool base to euthanize. Meaning that the Germans may very well have the weakest ESP population on the planet. They'd be no competition for the British ESP programs, the American ESP programs, the French ESP programs, nor the Russian ESP programs.

I remember one time googling for days on German sites to see if there was any credible German psychics left in Germany. I only found one family, but they were in Austria and every member of the family had the abilities as children, but admitted that they had lost the abilities as adults--they were taught to ignore their senses.

Ironically, any German, Jew or gypsy with REAL precognitively abilities would have been executed. Because a real precog would have told the Nazis that they would lose the war. Nazis would have executed them for being correct.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

The CIA, DIA, & NSA put a lot of time and money into Project Star Gate. I think it ran until 1995.

Project Star Gate

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

You're met "plenty of people" with aptitude for ESP and claim the "average person" experiences it, and yet no one predicted 9/11? The Japan earthquake? The Haiti earthquake? Qaddafi's toppling and death? Osama bin Laden's death? Obama's election? Any of the space shuttle disasters? The economic collapse? Or any other very significant human event?

Wow. What crappy psychics.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The government also has protocols in place for the unlikely event of an alien craft landing within our borders. You honestly think that the government makes sure every bit of it's time and money is well-spent?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

You're met "plenty of people" with aptitude for ESP and claim the "average person" experiences it, and yet no one predicted 9/11?

Yes people predicted the 9/11 event. Some by specific date. Others by month. It was an American woman who named the date of September 11 specifically with regards to terrorist attacks.

Lynne Palmer, the astrologer considered to have most accurately predicted 911, is a professional astrologer since 1957, living in Las Vegas.

"Avoid terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001" - these are the exact words of the 911 prediction from Lynne Palmer's book, Astrological Almanac for 2001, printed and released to bookstores in July 2000 (Star Bright Publishers).

The 911 prediction is written on page 95 of the book, buried among advice on the best days to go to the movies and worst days to lend people money.

Also, on another page, she states: "These are the days when terrorist attacks are most likely to occur. Sept 11-13, 2001".
911 Prophecy and Predictions

Robert Zoller nailed the month.

Zoller:
"From September we are entering a period of increased danger to us in the West. In an earlier Nuntius I said that there is an increasing threat to the US citizens and this is particularly so on the Eastern sea boarder [sic]. I have also said that this threat is linked not so much to a new boldness in terrorist planning but more to US incompetence. At that time I couched those remarks as being non-astrological so as to play down the warning but I say again as was said in the July Nuntius if the US does not cease acting incompetently, it will invite the depredations of adventurers such as Osama bin Laden and Saddam. This is a wake up call. Our way of life and cultural values (& our lives) are at stake."

"As the next 12 months unfold we will see increased tension in those countries that fell under the path of the August 1999 eclipse but after the end of August 2001 this will take on a new twist and it will be the last 6 months of the eclipse effect that will be the worse."
"After September 2001 when the first big crisis will have hit the US we will never be the same again"

Robert Hand did a general September 2001 prediction. Oh and a woman from India predicted it in January 2001 publication, but she was off on the date. She predicted September 14, 2001.

Gayatri Devi Vasudev, Vedic astrologer, editor of The Astrological Magazine, wrote in the January 2001 issue an astrological analysis predicting the world trends in the upcoming year.
-snip-
-"Mars will be in opposition to Rahu on Sept. 14, 2001 and warns against a nuclear disaster or gas tragedy ... disasters ... fire break outs are also supported by such a disposition of Mars (around that time)."

The Japan earthquake?

There's actually an ATS poster who posted a dream about an earthquake in Japan on February 7, 2011 when the Japan earthquake was March 11, 2011. I like the ATS poster just because he doesn't even claim to be a psychic and he doesn't even claim to be a precog, but he still nailed it a month before. Just goes to show that anyone might have a precognitive dream even if they don't consider themselves psychic.

Last night, I had a brief dream in which I saw a map of the USGS world view (which I do check on and off)

On it I saw a LARGE RED sqaure surrounded by many other smaller squares just of the east coast of Japan. The thing was this square was much larger than the normal size square USGS put up for a 7+
-snip-
- Just to add previously I have had experience of having headaches prior to large EQ's including just prior to the Chile quake I woke up with an urge to watch videos of the 2004 Tsunami, which was unexplained. Later I was involved in the massive thread about that quake and the ensuing Tsunami warnings.

ATS Member JakiusFogg correctly dreams Japan earthquake a month before it happened

There's also another ATS thread talking about a woman who posted a YouTube video predicting the Japan quake.

ATS: Woman Predicted Japan quake

Obama's election?

That's a 50/50 prediction and a lot of people nailed it even if they don't consider themselves psychic.

Any of the space shuttle disasters? The economic collapse? Or any other very significant human event?

Just google. There are people who predicted all of the above. Surf the net.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yes people predicted the 9/11 event. Some by specific date. Others by month. It was an American woman who named the date of September 11 specifically with regards to terrorist attacks.

Lynne Palmer,

Stop spreading lies. In her book, she listed 130 days in 2001 as days to "avoid terrorist attacks". If I wrote a book and listed almost half of the days of the next year as "possible days of an attack", and one happens on one of those days...does that make me psychic, or just someone who is capable of taking 50-50 odds and getting it right?

Robert Zoller nailed the month.

Zoller stated that attacks could happen "in the 12 months" after August 2001. Again, if I just open the calendar and say that an attack could happen on ANY of these days, does it make me psychic? No. It just means I own a calendar and have a gullible audience.

Robert Hand did a general September 2001 prediction.

Stop spreading lies. Per your own link, Hand predicted an event was "expected to happen between August 5, 2001, and May 26, 2002", not specifically in the month of September. He didn't even specify that it was a terrorist attack, just an event. Do you think it makes someone psychic if they can say "something (but I can't predict what) will happen on any day in the next TEN MONTHS"? Are you really this gullible?

Oh and a woman from India predicted it in January 2001 publication, but she was off on the date. She predicted September 14, 2001.

Stop spreading lies. Per your own link, she predicted a nuclear disaster or gas tragedy "around September 14". Neither of these things happened on or around September 11, nor the 14th.

There's actually an ATS poster who posted a dream about an earthquake in Japan on February 7, 2011 when the Japan earthquake was March 11, 2011.

In other words, someone had a dream about a very common event (Japan has around 1500 earthquakes per year and is well known for them in pop media), didn't give a date or any details, and you think this constitutes a prediction?

Tell you what...I'm going to make a prediction right now. I predict that in the next 12 months (which was a narrow enough time period for you to believe the "psychic" frauds above, so I expect the same courtesy), FoxNews will publish a story accusing a federal official of wasting money. Now, when this comes true, I expect you to claim I'm a psychic, just like you did the others above, okay?

There's also another ATS thread talking about a woman who posted a YouTube video predicting the Japan quake.

She didn't predict anything. That nutter was rambling about a comet she "predicted" (despite the fact that the comet's path is/was widely available to the public via NASA) and then gave a broad range of dates in which is would "align" (with what?) and cause earthquakes.

That's a 50/50 prediction and a lot of people nailed it even if they don't consider themselves psychic.

It wasn't a 50-50 shot before he announced he would run. His election was a major milestone for our society. None of the psychics predicted it a year or so before he announced his run? Really?

Just google.

You should probably do the same. It took me about 5 minutes to debunk your entire post.
edit on 11/9/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Thank you. I agree. At one time or another, we have all been test subjects. It seems the greatest capacity the human species has is its ability to create and destroy in one breath.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Stop spreading lies. In her book, she listed 130 days in 2001 as days to "avoid terrorist attacks".

How dare you do a rant like this in the middle of a logical discussion. I'm not "spreading lies". I'm stating facts and when I googled around I saw the skeptic site and what they claimed too. But you know what? The skeptic site that you linked to, didn't show any evidence of what they claimed. If there were allegedly 130 days listed like the skeptic site said, then don't you think that they would've scanned in the book as evidence? But they didn't scan in the book as evidence, because it's the skeptic site that is lying. If the book really said that--then by all means...scan each of the alleged 130 listings in the book and link to it. Hey...just link to 5 scans in the book for that matter if it really says that. But if you can't scan it because the book didn't say that....then don't go quoting the nutjobs on the skeptic sites.

You should probably do the same. It took me about 5 minutes to debunk your entire post.

You didn't debunk anything. The discussion is supposed to be about Eugenics. All you did was a 5 minute rant and attack with no logic in your discussion. You refuse to believe that in people's brains that they could possibly be using more than the 5%-10% that humans are said to use of their brains. And maybe that's because those who are skeptics are really just people that like to argue and fight with strangers and use the internet to fight, rant and attack.

The rest of the world with COMMON SENSE knows that within the human brain exists the possibility of extra senses beyond the basic 5 senses of touch, sound, sight, smell and taste. And that each human experiences some form of an extra sense beyond the basic 5. That would be genetic, something left over in evolution from the past. So for example--dolphins have echo location. And those who are blind and can't see tend to demonstrate heightened senses similar to dolphin echo location when they've lost their vision.They use sound to see or sound bouncing off objects to see. That would be an EXTRA sense. And if a blind person can do it, then a person with eyesight also has the capability.

Extra senses are genetic, leftover from past evolution. And if a person goes around trying to kill off each person claiming to have an experience of extra senses (like the Nazis did), then they would inhibit evolution of humanity. And then there's skeptics. Skeptics are those that shut off all their senses and since they've shut off their own senses, they deny the possibility that anyone else might have them. Not my fault buddy if you wish to be stuck with a mere 5 basic senses and refuse to develop any others that you might have in your brain.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Eugenics was mainstream science and accepted not so long ago. People associate eugenics with Hitler, but this is a modern invention, eugenics and population control was in fact going on all over the world. Hitler was not seen as evil because germany practiced eugenics, but because they killed civilians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join