It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beauty of pollination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Good evening all.

I came across this video today. I did a search on here, but nothing showed up using the title, so I thought I would share it with my fellow ATSers.

This is some fantastic photography and captures the very essence of what keeps this World so colourful, not to mention the extremely important job of keeping the World alive.

The close up of the Bees I found astounding and there are some excellent time lapse techniques involved.

Anyway, enjoy. Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Man that was incredibly beautiful and majestic, thanks for sharing! That hummingbird playing with an insect and doing full spins was awesome, and I swear it looked like play to me. Pollination is in itself a wondrous mechanism, and the symbiotic relationships are evolutionary perfection.
Strange how when things flying slowed down looks like they are swimming in water.

Peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Absolutely fantastic and sadly under rated. I wish there were more concern and alarm over the dwindling bird bee and bat populations. To me these population die offs are epidemics we need to find the causes and halt.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Beautiful video

It's amazing the way plants and animals interact to mutually benefit one another. It's quite inspiring in a way. This reminded me of a section of the amazing film Microcosmos. The way the flowers interact with bees is mind boggling. It goes to show the importance of bees and other pollinators in our world.

Heres a snippet from Microcosmos. Feel free to skip the first 15 seconds.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

great video, i've seen thousands of hummingbirds, they always amaze me.

i had a Yorkie, the hummingbirds would hover right above her head, and she never noticed.

they prefer natural foods, plants such as monarda, honeysucke vines, flowering shrubs, to attrack them to your yard.

also, by having plants flowering in your yard from Spring to Fall, you'll help the bees.

good nurseries have hummingbird plant sections, and will know which plants are native.

top topics

join