It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Stops A Plane With His Car -Video-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I couldn't embed this clip but it is definitely worth going to the website link to view. The sheer badassery involved is awesome. I love the guy hanging out the window with the rifle!

(Thanks WebPirate for the YouTube vid!)

John McLane's got nothing on this real Brazilian Federal Police Officer, who use his cop car to take down a plane loaded with smugglers and $150,000 of stolen electronics. Smugglers have been flying into Paraguay, snagging stolen electronics (and a bicycle), and then flying them back to Brazil using this plane and runway. Someone tipped off the Feds in Ribeiráo Preto, Brazil who descended on the criminals with what looks like a lowly Chevy Trailblazer.

LINK TO VIDEO
edit on 2-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Damn those guys have some cajones the size of basketballs to pull something like that off.
Any idea what kind of car they were in? I doubt a honda or fiat could hit with that kind of force, my money is on a crown vic.

Thxs for posting it made my day

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

pretty cool pic..Never saw that before...Well the car looked better then the plane

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Yeah Domo1`s cat pic is pretty cool.
Dont think i could sleep at night if i had a cat that looked like that

Oh that plane is totaled out, when that car hit it i`m betting the wing spar snapped like a twig when it hit the ground afterwards, the landing gear is either bent or broke and the guys inside are gonna have sore backs for awhile. $300 bucks for a windshield without HUD is a little expensive though.
edit on 2-11-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I couldn't embed this clip but it is definitely worth going to the website link to view. The sheer badassery involved is awesome. I love the guy hanging out the window with the rifle!

S&F before I even watched the video, simply because you used the word 'Badassery'.

2nd line agrees that badassery was involved in that video!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here it is embedded

That was pretty badass!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

FA said what looks like "a lowly Chevy Trailblazer"

And eeks4 was talking about your pic i think

edit on 2-11-2011 by bobbeers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Damn those guys have some cajones the size of basketballs to pull something like that off.
Any idea what kind of car they were in? I doubt a honda or fiat could hit with that kind of force, my money is on a crown vic.

Thxs for posting it made my day

Looks like a Chevy Blazer. $300 dollar windshield trade for one downed plane? Good trade officers, good trade.

And I thought something like this could only be done in Battlefield 3.
edit on 2-11-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbeers

Oh, thought that, but who hasnt seen an F-15E going vertical in full burner? I laugh everytime i see Domo`s avatar even though alot of his? threads are serious.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Alright Trail Blazer! Ive worked on a few of these tanks and i love `em even more now

Badassery indeed!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That is pretty cool stuff right there.

Not really sure what else to say but cool.

Raist
edit on 11/2/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Thanks for the embed link!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That's sure a Lotta skill that takes to drive into and ram an overloaded single engined plane in it's wing while it's taxiing.

Guess that's why the CIA drug enterprise uses Gulf Stream jets on paved runways ....they're much faster.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Is the Trailblazer actually decent? I've been skeptical at best of American cars lately. I've still got my old 2000 Grand Cherokee for winter driving (2 days year
) and was thinking about picking up something new.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Guess that's why the CIA drug enterprise uses Gulf Stream jets on paved runways ....they're much faster.

Just a little harder to catch.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I personally drive a 1994 Olds Cutlass Supremecy SL and i love her to death. Lots of mods.
Late 80`s to mid 90`s cars i chose for the fact that aftermarket parts are plentiful and cheap, you dont have to hook a computer up to it to diagnos everything, and they just look better to me. The Chevrolet Trail Blazer is in direct competion with your JEEP and both are excellent vehicles if taken care of. Plus you can pick one up in rough shape for about $1000 throw another $500 bucks worth of parts into it, if that, and you`ve got yourself a nice ride.

ppl nowadays like to think they have to upgrade to the latest and greatest coming out but thats exactly what TPTB want you to do, give them more money. Just because a couple of rubber suspension dampeners and gaskets go out doesnt mean one needs to scrap a vehicle. I spend alot of time in pull it yourself car lots and it blows my mind that ppl get rid of their cars for the littlest thing. I`d tell you to hang on to your Jeep as long as nothing major was wrong with it and pick you up another cheap vehicle just in case, that way you got something to fall back on. I`ve been wanting a pick-up truck for awhile now but after seeing this im leaning torward a Trail Blazer with a hitch and trailer.

You guys can PM me if you gots any vehicle questions, i love working on them.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Decided to hang onto the Jeep while I shop for another car and probably after. Totaled the daily driver awhile back. Ouch.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Best P.I.T. manouvere ever.
And yes, Domo1's cat pic is awesome.

top topics

join