It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Judge Adams Comments on Beating Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

"She's mad because I've ordered her to bring the car back, in a nutshell, but yeah that's me, I lost my temper," Adams told us. "Her mother was there, she wasn't hurt.. it was a long time ago.. I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child," Adams continued. When asked if he felt he was going to face any suspension or discipline from the state over the video Adams responded, "In my mind I have not done anything wrong other than discipline my child when she was caught stealing. I did lose my temper, I've apologized.. it looks worse than it is." Adams added that he informed the Judicial Review board himself after seeing the video had been posted online by his daughter.

I think this guy is an unbelievable jackass but I'm on the fence about what he did actually crossed the line. The video was rather disturbing, but I think everyone's parent has lost their poo at some point. I would never treat a child like that but I suppose it is legal to smack your kid on the butt with a belt. I certainly don't believe that it wasn't as bad as it looked. It is what it is. Saying she wasn't hurt is laughable. Of course she was. It was obvious that she was terrified and getting hit with a belt hurts. That's the damn point.

Link

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Not sure about this. Seen the vid and yes it's extreme.

But, I was also hit with the belt when I was a kid. Did it hurt? Yes. Did I learn my lesson? Absolutely.

Not saying it's right but it seems that when spankings became criminal, our kids started being criminals.

Hard decision here.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I was spanked a total of twice.....The last time I extremely pissed off my father he didn't resort to violence, in fact he broke down in tears (manly tears that is
).....it was ......hard to witness, but the message got through that I severely disappointed him...which was almost as bad as being spanked.

However, on topic. The first 2, maybe third belt could be said as being tolerable. The constant stopping and returning to beating to vent his anger shows how unstable his behavior is. "I lost my temper" is no excuse for continually beating your child with NO CONTROL. The wife had to take the belt away, and he STILL tried to take it back to beat her. UNACCEPTABLE.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Vardoger because: sp

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You know what really pissed me off about this video?.....

The way he kept telling her to stand over the bed. The discipline itself is one debate, but he seemed very perverted to me like he just HAD to spank her behind. I thought it was just me based on what I was seeing but my husband said the same thing. It just wasnt right. Also the fact that the parents seemed like they both had to get the last hit, the judge finds out the mom got to spank her behind and he storms right back in the room so he can get a spank on her behind too, sick F*^K!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have been beat hella worse by my (step)father than that. If i had ever been caught stealing?*whistle*

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Lets face it. This is a felony assault. Try putting your hand on this judge's shoulder to even talk to him and they will charge you with at least 4 different felonies. The law should be applied evenly. He belongs in a prison. I hear her continually say stop. It is obvious this is an abuse of power. He is a coward.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah, totally a jackass. I can't see any argument whatsoever that this was anything but pure jackassery. It can't be compared to a soft swat on the butt to teach right and wrong. Not to say that spanking little kids is OK, or that it shouldn't be, but that's totally not what this was.
By the way, just because a form of punishment ends the bad behavior doesn't make it a good form of punishment.

Beating a full-grown person with a belt while they scream = not OK.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

No, it's really not a felony assault. You are allowed to discipline your children by spanking.

I don't really ever remember getting spanked. One time I really pissed off my Mom and she tried to spank me and I laughed so hard that she started laughing. I was more worried about being a bad son than physical punishment.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A grown man shouldnt be hitting a girl with a belt. If anything the mother should have done it.

And he didnt exactly spank her ass did he? He was hitting her on the legs and the back.... a few to many times i think.

This has obviously happened before as why else would the little girl video it? Hes done this before.

Hopefully there is some more family the girl can stay with and the man and wife get a nice little jail sentence... doubt it though.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Not sure about this. Seen the vid and yes it's extreme.

But, I was also hit with the belt when I was a kid. Did it hurt? Yes. Did I learn my lesson? Absolutely.

Not saying it's right but it seems that when spankings became criminal, our kids started being criminals.

Hard decision here.

Peace

Did you notice that he's basically calling her a brat? He says they got in an argument because she refused to bring back the car. In retaliation she posts a video of herself getting beat by him. If his beatings were as effective as some members here claim they are, why is she still being such a brat (as he basically puts it)??? I guess all those belt beatings didn't teach her much. Either he's making her out to be something she's not (a brat), or getting beat with a belt apparently has/had no disciplinary effect on this child. Either way it's obvious to me that getting beat with a belt like this is completely over the top.

I've gotten some major belt beatings in my life...(watching that video brought back memories) one for losing a school notebook for one of my classes... and let me tell you, it was unnecessary. I grew up being terrified of my father and I felt I could never be honest with him over my minor or major mistakes, because I feared that he would overreact and punish me above and beyond what was necessary. As an adult I have come to understand that I need to forgive and look past his shortcomings. He came from a family where severe beatings were a fact of life, and to some degree he came to believe that it was normal. Although he never went as far with me as his father went with him, it was still much more than was deserved. To some extent it definitely damaged me. I wish I could have loved and respected him instead of fearing him and desperately seeking his approval as a kid.
edit on 2-11-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I just don't believe this is "spanking."
Over and over and over and over with an obviously malicious attitude, trying to hurt her, as a near-adult...
I'm not saying it's a felony, but it's definitely crossing the line and it's definitely more "beating" than "spanking."

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I felt the same way. He seemed like he was a little too *excited* about the whole thing. 'I did't get my lick in yet!' Sounded like he enjoyed it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
to put it simply its child abuse

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Peace

I`m glad somebody eles thinks this way to, i used to get the crap beat out of by my jackass father for sometimes somethin so little as crying when i broke my favorite toy(2-3 yrs old) But i did notice in my younger brothers and sisters after he was gone that they lacked the discipline and respect that well for lack of a better term was beaten into me.
Seems like the little bastards came out of the woodwork when i was in school and they stopped whipping kids at there. Hell they needed it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Same here. I got hit with the belt a numerous amount of times and i definitely behaved knowing what was coming if i didnt.

My sister on the other hand did not get disciplined at all and now she parties and gets drunk 24/7. I sometimes wish my dad took the same approach with her.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If a stranger had of abused his kid like that; they would be in jail charged with felony child abuse...but because he's her father and a judge....

Preferential treatment anyone.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

That man should be kicked off the bench and disbarred.
edit on 2-11-2011 by whaaa because: g5g

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

The problems start when the beatings end and parents don't put in the energy to educate themselves on child psychology and how children learn, and other effective ways of discipline. They exist, and yeah, it takes more work than just beating the kid. But parenting is hard work.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Only one word, 'Bastardo' he just couldn't leave off, and had to come back, the Mom is not that much better. 'f 'em

BTW, it wasn't exactly a small strap, now was it? (for the corporals)
edit on 2-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Pretty sure using a belt to discipline children was common up until a decade or so ago? And if you compare the atrocities done by children today then back in the past, the real crime are the limp wristed parents that don't discipline because they have been brainwashed into thinking its all abuse. Yes, the dude was pissed and might have hit her a few times too many for my taste but he is the parent and it isn't anyone's business to judge him. The girl was in no serious physical danger, believe it or not a whip on the legs and butt doesn't put ones life at risk. So sad people get all up in arms about this and want the government involved as if that's going to be a solution. Keep this up and soon all the children can belong to the state! Because that is essentially what you are asking for if you want the government involved every time you see something you don't agree with.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ladykenzie

No doubt its hard work, no argument there and i dont even have kids. The way i look at it now is that i learned how to raise kids by being shown what NOT to do. I do think this judge should lose his job, do we need ppl like that deciding the fate of potentially innocents? or him taking sentencing to far for lesser crimes? I dont think so but then again i`ll never be taken alive

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join