It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"December 24,in the year 2011,they will return" *

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow, that was a blast from the past!

I remember watching that as a 12 yo. I ate that up, and the date was ingrained in the back of my head.

Standing by for the arrival!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wouldn't put to much stock in it. There have been many predictions that were fruitless. Not the mention the fact that the visitor could have claimed that they were coming back on a certain date however within the past couple of decades things may have changed that would stop them from coming back like:

- discovering another world that is similar to ours, abundant in resources with a less aggressive indigenous population.

- they got into a spaceship accident and destroyed their vessel, or there could have been a malfunction and stuck in an alternate timeline or dimension.

- they lied

- they weren't permitted to travel back by their government... perhaps a more pressing matter came up at their home world may be a major war or something that had made things a little complicated.

- they visited another world and the population wasn't so friendly and destroyed them.

- they monitored us since the 70's and decided that returning and making themselves know would not be a good idea. They may have left scouts to do research and study of the earths population.

It's fun to play the waiting game but the date is a little bit to close to christmas for me to be a coincidence.

We an alien species comes and makes it known they will come. Unless they beam a message down on all of the television sets on our planet we may never hear about first contact.

Perhaps countless species tried to make first contact with humans (they wouldn't necessarily go to the US and Russia or China right away. They could have tried to make contact with native isolated tribes in the jungles of africa and south america and were ran off as evil demons or spirits or something. If they made contact, and were discovered in any major country the authority (military) would detain the being and cover up the contact event.

Disclosure is coming but not anytime soon my friend.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My advice is to wait until the 24th.

If the Aliens come, read the hell out of that book.

If they do not, toss it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have a strange feeling about December 24, 2011...

Even before reading this thread I already had that feeling...

I don't know why.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So, you started a thread about a back-page cover of a book you did not read? Shouldnt you have read it before asking us to comment? You just watched a youtube vid that isnt even the book you refer to?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just found this interesting article doing a Google search:

Has anyone else felt the date 12-24-2011 was significant?

I first started hearing about the Mayan calendar and Dec 24, 2012 about 6 years ago, and how people think that is when the world is going to end and all of that.

Back in March of 1977, I was a twenty year old that had just joined the U.S. Air Force and was in a Jet Engine Tech school at Chanute Air Force Base in Illinois. I was in class sitting at my desk listening to the instructor. I was getting bored so I started drawing on a sheet of paper that I was taking notes on. For some reason I started drawing flying saucers and them landing here on earth.

I remember looking at it and for some reason on the bottom of the picture I wrote down the date Dec 24, 2011. I don't know where I got that date from. I still remember looking at the picture I had just drawn and thinking that I hope that I am still around when that date gets here so that I can see if they come here.

I saved that sheet of paper and have only showed it to a few people. I typed that date into google to see what I would find about that date.

source: www.abduct.com...

Interesting...

My answer to the title of that article, "Has anyone else felt the date 12-24-2011 was significant?" is YES. I also felt it. But I don't know why...

edit on 12-12-2011 by GLontra because: Adding the source

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

Nice job copy and pasting my post word for word without giving me any credit multiple times. If you're going to criticize other people for not doing research I would at least suggest doing some of your own. Simply reading and then stealing what I say does not constitute research. It is however against the T&C and I have alerted the mods to every post where you have stolen my work.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
T-minus 6 days, and counting.
Tic Toc on the December 24th, 2011 clock.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
OK, so where's my big KABOOM! I was expecting an earth-shattering KABOOM! Or at least a global zombie apocalypse. Or a Great Featherd Serpent God decending from somewhere. Oh well. Maybe 21st Dec 2012...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I guess you are !

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Yes indeed. And still waiting for global ascension/destruction etc, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
OK, so where's my big KABOOM! I was expecting an earth-shattering KABOOM! Or at least a global zombie apocalypse. Or a Great Featherd Serpent God decending from somewhere. Oh well. Maybe 21st Dec 2012...

You got it wrong. The aliens are already here. The big ones are dressed in red and the little ones in green. But tonight the chief alien arrives on a spaceship disguised as a sleigh

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I just woke up and no aliens here. I was hoping a cute green one would be sleeping next to me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkeman

The Narrator is Rod Serling, who also did "The Twilight Zone."

Anyway -- that was fun, if a bit dated. I don't doubt that today will pass without major incident or alien invasion. My theory is that we live in the universe next door to the universe where all the really interesting stuff occurs. That's why we imagine connections where ultimately none exist; we intuit them from being close to a dimension where they actually matter. Here? Everything is mundane, predictable, and slowly grinding itself into paste.
edit on 24-12-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by Bonkeman

The Narrator is Rod Serling, who also did "The Twilight Zone."

I don't doubt that today will pass without major incident or alien invasion.

Rod Serling also did Night Gallery and has a unique voice. I also have some doubt there will be an alien invasion today although I did purchase some supplies for my bunker...just in case.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Did I miss it , 36 years I've waited .... are they here yet

*no guarantees this date is correct

there's always a caveat

Merry Christmas all

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'm not sure.
I woke up in the middle of the night from what might have been invasion sounds.
By the time I thought it was just some people that got into a chainsaw fight because they didn't like their christmas presents.
Could have been invasion though.
Merry christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Did it happen?
I must have missed it!
Oh well at least I get to enjoy the Christmas dinner...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No galactic visitors down under. Shame, they may have been able to solve our global warmaing problems. Probably a good thing they didn't come but. As I said in a previous post. We don't know what's out there or their motives. I say we watch the stars and listen instead of waiting for ET to land on earth and finding out as much as we can about the universe and advance our technology first before contacting aliens and inviting them to come to earth. And hide our signals as best as we can until we're ready for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join