It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. stocks tallied as s the Federal Reserve found the economy strengthened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Source MarketWatch

U.S. stocks tallied sizeable gains for the first day in three Wednesday as the Federal Reserve found the economy strengthened some in the third quarter and an industry report found better-than-expected growth in private-sector employment in October.

Right better then -than-expected growth in private-sector employment in October

“The labor market is in better shape than we thought two months ago, which is good news for the economy, corporate earnings and the stock market,” said Phil Orlando, chief equity market strategist at Federated Investors.

Oh realy is that right? the labor market is in better shape than we thought two months ago, which is good news for the economy? what about the fact that the unemployment rate is alot higher then 9.0%

What a joke of the markets are cheering and jumping over on hope.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Its all propaganda to keep the sheeple in line for as long as possible. Think of the consequences of them telling the truth and saying we’re F’ed. Would not happen
edit on 2-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
For my specific demographic, unemployment is over 35%. I'm just waiting for the euro domino effect before I take out a huge loan and invest heavy in Greece

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It goes up and it goes down, big friggen deal.

When you are already in the red, and it goes up/down, big friggen deal, we are still in the red.

Want to impress me and get me to jump up and down in joy, get us in the black.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, I guess thats good news, and will keep things going for a bit longer
But this all is very shaky and unsustainable...we need a new economic model...we waste too much, we spend too much, we have a horrible tax to spend ratio, our trade policys with developing nations are the biggest flaw, etc....

Time to start again...strong and solid trade agreements being the key...no trade and huge tariffs to anyone without employee standards (like china, india, etc)...we should be solidifying the western worlds and rejecting any and all trade beyond just product purchasing with the rest until they sort their country out...and get some regulations in place for government to monitor where every single dollar goes and make it the most efficient it can be...

you know...with a restructuring of trade, and a strong waste detection and fixing system in place for taxes, the tax rate possibly could if not remain the same, then go down without any quality of life or social net programs being affected...hell, perhaps even add a few more in and still save..
But, corporations win...and so we are screwed until it all goes boom.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Hahahahahaha.

U.S. stocks tallied sizeable gains for the first day in three Wednesday as the Federal Reserve found the economy strengthened some in the third quarter and an industry report found better-than-expected growth in private-sector employment in October.

Thats pretty funny. This article also came out today

Fed foresees far weaker growth than it had earlier

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve sketched a bleaker outlook Wednesday for the economy, which it thinks will grow much more slowly and face higher unemployment than it had estimated in June.

The Fed's gloomier outlook is similar to many private economists' forecasts. Bank of America Merrill Lynch, for example, expects only 1.8 percent economic growth this year and 2.1 percent in 2012.

Those growth rates are far too low to drive down unemployment.

Woohooo, the economy is kickin butt !!!!!..... But.... Its doing terrible....barley going to even put a dent in unemployment....Break out the Chamapagne!!!!!

Seriously though, they "sketch a bleaker outlook" and at the same time say we are strengthening?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Its all propaganda to keep the sheeple in line for as long as possible.

Think of the consequences of them telling the truth and saying we’re F’ed.

It's really just a crisis of confidence and an unwillingness to work together to solve the nations' problems

But have no worries because currently ...

There is NO Economic Crisis Citizens - America is the most Productive Nation on Earth
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

that baghdad bob is a bit 7 years old now and its pretty been used everywhere on the net these days i will give credit for that post.

top topics

join