It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: God Wants To See Us Put People Back To Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Really G_D Wants YOU
Obama ,,, To Put People back to Work

It's Not Going To Happen. I mean Come-On,,,, What happened to those Shovel Ready Jobs You and Other Obamanites Bragged About, Did any every Materialize that proved to BE REAL?
I Know Most of your jobs have been B.S. and then others are under some sort of Investigation.
How about this, more than 100 criminal investigations related to 2009 economic stimulus spending.
Read about it here: www.politico.com...

I suppose my reason for starting this thread is Obama,,, A Democrat, Possibly You've Forgotten That Fact,,,
Using GOD in a sentence while giving a speech About himself ( Naturally ) creating Jobs. and What is this reference To: In GOD We Trust? Where does he get off using that phrase? I seem to remember Obama making a statement In June 2007 as the Presidential Candidate Obama declared that the USA Was no longer a Christian Nation.

President Barack Obama stated at a press conference in Turkey last week that we Americans “do not consider ourselves a Christian nation, or a Muslim nation, but rather, a nation of citizens who are, uh, bound by a set of values.”

Source: thenewamerican.com...

But Now,,,, Because Obama Says So,,,, We Are?

Obama Pushes Jobs Bill: God Wants To See Us Put People Back To Work

Source: www.realclearpolitics.com...

Another source: drudgereport.com...
OBAMA: God Wants To See Us Put People Back To Work...

edit on 2-11-2011 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 2-11-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2011 by guohua because: Spelling and links

news.yahoo.com...
edit on Thu Nov 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added drudge link

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What ever happened to separation of church and state...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Make it worth my while to work.

Just my lack of experience and lack of education qualifies me to be paid more than all those that have experience and education but you wish to fight me on this sound reasoning. Knock yourselves out.
You all have alot of fight left in ya until you finally surrender. I have an eternity.

I know....its way out there isn't it
Makes no sense to most...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
What ever happened to separation of church and state...

I believe that applies to laws respecting a religion. Not talking about it. If that was the case than we would have no Republican party.
edit on 2-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
First off, religion should be kept out of politics.....REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS. Secondly, it amazes me that a nation that was built around the notion of separation of church and state seems to be welcoming a theocratic form of government with open arms.

If you want to live in a theocaracy, go live in Saudi Arabia. Write us and let us know how you enjoy it.

Another thing that amazes me is that we have people like Bush, Perry and now, at least seemingly, Obama who think they KNOW what God desires,in high places in our society. It's all rather surreal to me.
edit on 2-11-2011 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The only shovel ready jobs that are available are for grave diggers and professional pooper scoopers.

This cat ignored the primary problem in this country for three flippin' years. And now he says he's all about jobs!?

Just till he's re-elected anyways.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Most of you are missing the whole REAL issue...... Your country is being taken over by a bunch of damn fanatics!! WAKE THE # UP!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
First off, religion should be kept out of politics.....REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS. Secondly, it amazes me that a nation that was built around the notion of separation of church and state seems to be welcoming a theocratic form of government with open arms.

If you want to live in a theocaracy, go live in Saudi Arabia. Write us and let us know how you enjoy it.

Another thing that amazes me is that we have people like Bush, Perry and now, at least seemingly, Obama who think they KNOW what God desires,in high places in our society. It's all rather surreal to me.

OK, Now What Exactly Do You Mean By:

TextAnother thing that amazes me is that we have people like Bush, Perry and now, at least seemingly, Obama who think they KNOW what God desires,in high places in our society

I think I understand You,,, With The Bush and Perry Comment, But You Did Read Obamas Comment?
Obama Stated He Knew What GOD Wanted,,, I didn't read any words that sounded Like Seemingly,, To Me,,,, You saying the Article is Not Stating Obama Correctly?
You don't believe Obama Would Not Say this?
Do you Still Support Obama?
edit on 2-11-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yes,
I believe he said that.... We are living in a country that is being infiltrated by a bunch of fanatics..By the way, I've never been a big fan of Obama, either. I was hopeful that he's be different, but I haven't seen any difference, really,

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I almost laugh hearing it, but it turns out that's not his exact words. Darn.

In context of House Republican approving legislation re-affirming "In God We Trust" as the national motto.

"That's not putting people back to work," Obama said during a jobs speech at a bridge in Washington, D.C. "I trust in God, but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work."

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
All of that is well and good.....Don't get me wrong, I am spiritual and I believe in a deity....However, I'm of a firm belief that religion should stay out of politics and vice versa.

The truth is, though, that has not been the case over the last 20 years. I have heard more politicians and political candidates reference God and what they THINK God wants than I personally care to hear.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

Obama will be in more churches than Christ come 2012....

You/We are going to see things like we never seen before from Obama & Co....

Including violence from the Unions/OWS/SEIU etc etc etc. Mark my words.

"Blood in the Streets... the Streets of New Haven"......

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I heard him say this, on the news this morning. You are totally taking this statement out of context.

Delivering yet another speech in front of a bridge in need of repair, Obama said House Republicans should work to put people back to work, instead of focusing on other measures that don’t create jobs, such as debating a commemorative baseball coin or legislation reaffirming the “In God We Trust” motto.

“That’s not putting people back to work,” Obama said as he stood before the Key Bridge that connects Washington, D.C., to Northern Virginia. “I trust in God, but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work.”

There is no religious exploitation on Obama's part. Why is Congress spending our money to argue a country motto? Why does that motto have to include God? It's nothing to do with Obama and religion.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How many of you have obtained employment through Obamas Shovel Ready Jobs or his Job Stimulus Bill?
Truthfully, I'd like to know and I'm sure so would others.
How many have Lost Their Jobs.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Having read the article and knowing something about theology and economics the following can be stated:

The very idea that Obama stated in that speech is at its basis, a point that would have been spouted by those who follow Calvinism. In that form of theology and economics, those who are rich are saved, those who are poor are dammed and there is no lee way either way.

While some state that there is a separation of Church and state, there is on a motto on most, if not all US currency, of the following: In God We Trust.
By using that in a speech, that he knows it would have been reported on, and his every word analyzed, it is a feeble attempt to reach out to those who find time and use faith as a basis for their every day life. After all in the US there are numerous denominations of Christianity and he is trying to reach out to them as part of his campaign strategy. Unfortunately, this is merely a smoke screen and a diversion from the real issues that are affecting this country.

He fails to see that the real reason for the decline in the US economy is not the businesses, or the down turn in the job market, but rather the base reason, when you strip everything away, is the laws and regulations that are put on the businesses that they have to follow. Every facet of business, there are laws and regulations that have to be followed, adhered to, and ultimately done. Any business that opens up, additional expense has to be given on impact studies on how it will affect everything from the people in a particular community, to the environment. The red tape is massive, to just start up a business, and in some cases it is far worse trying to shut down one, as the laws are more reactionary and not favorable to businesses in general. Combine that with the actual costs of running a business, and well it just does not make good economic sense to even try to open up one business to try to follow the American Dream.

If he wanted to do something to aid in jobs in the USA, he would be best to have a law that would review all of the laws, regulations and red tape to try to make it easier for businesses to open up, hire and retain people, rather than try to pass another stimulus bill, of which all of the prior ones did nothing to help the general population, rather only helping businesses. That is where the problem lies, and that ultimately has to change if the countries economic engine is to start up again, has to be more to help small businesses and people, not the big corporations that are already global.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Obamas Comment:

but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work.”

So, Obama Knows What GOD Wants To See?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have no problem with Our Lord, God but I'm not convinenced that Our Lord and Obama's god is the same.

And let me just say...HELLO Obama we the People would like to see US put people back to work. DO YOUR F**K*N Job RIGHT and maybe we can put people back to work. We've been listening to your crap for over 3 years now and no break in sight. Mr. President your going to get kicked to the curb! Bye Bye! Don't let that white house door hit you in your ass on the way out. Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It really doesn't matter. It's not like he is the only politician invoking God. It's an unfortunate state of affairs that politicians have to invoke the name of God in their speech just to be considered a "contender." If the people of this country want a theocracy, they can have it.....But I'm moving my ass. So will many other people.

There has never been anything good come of a theocratic government. Nothing... Here are examples of what you get when you mix religion with politics: Inquisition
Crusades
Sharia

The list goes on and on. None of it good.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wow....so Obama can now talk to "God."

I wonder what he will claim next!

I mean come on...last time i checked his God was the same as the banksters.....which is the Sun by the way..

Its why SUNday is church day for religious people....

So what happened to the Pope? I thought only he could speak to "God" which even then is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of..

Since when does "God" say, "Oh yeah, you should make more jobs...instead of creating a utopia society where everyone can work together and everyone reaps the benefits."

This is one of the biggest pieces of junk I've ever laid eyes on...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Obama's wrong. If God really wanted to put people back to work there would have been simultaneous lightning strikes on Obama and Biden, when Obama said this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join