It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we have to work for a living?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
have you ever asked yourself that question?

"why do i have to put up with this crap on a daily basis, to be able to support my family, or to be able to eat and live?"

obviously the core problem to this question is money. How many of you would say that you would do your current job for free?..yea thats what i thought, 99% of you wouldnt.

why cant we live like the older times, where communities were much more closer, people had certain duties, but it was to provide for the community. example black smiths,hunters etc.. none of these were for personal gains.

(i know the answer to this question) why cant the government simply, "give out" money and everyone would be happy. hell dont they print the stuff anyway?..yea i know us dollars are backed by "gold" when was the last time any of you actually proved this? have you personally checked for yourself to see if the U.S still has any gold to back up their money?...yea me either.

the system that has been created for us is horrible, we work our miserable daily jobs, to live paycheck to paycheck.. for what purpose?...what purpose do you serve filing all those papers?...or working at factories? what is your personal gain from this?

nothing. we dont work for ourselves. if i wasnt married and had kids, i would've been living somewhere in the middle of the woods or coastline living off the land.

end rant.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Amen to that!

I've been dreaming of doing this since I was a kid. I have always found I am not comfortable in a city setting!

I was meant to be in nature!

Currently though, I am working towards getting some land, and I can start from there

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimTroll

hey at least you're working towards it, im screwed i cant seem to convice the ol ball-n-chain to move into the woods :/

im not a hippie or anything like that however, i feel the same way ,with my way of thinking i dont think i was meant to be "social" in this city im living in.

im a country boy at heart to be honest

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My job is an addiction. Yes, I would do it without pay. I do it anyway. I'm glad I get paid to do what I like to do.
There IS money in art.
I've had other jobs in college, like retail, woking in a deli, filing, etc.. I'd liked the all except the one working in a factory making cardboard boxes. I left after a week.
I think part of my liking some of those jobs is that I knew it was temporary.
edit on 2-11-2011 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry but in the old days, hunters and blacksmiths didn't do anything for free, they traded their skills for other goods and services that they didn't have, Ie a blacksmith traded with the hunter for food.

The introduction of money was a way for people who didn't have or couldn't have the required skills to obtain the goods they could never have.

A person who couldn't hunt could now "buy" food.

Its the same today, could you build your own high def TV? could you build your own car or motor way?

Thats why money was invented to give people things they could possibly never build or dream of in their life and it works just fine.

Ever been on an aeroplane to go on holiday before?

edit on 2-11-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Ever hear of the concept "Working for yourself"

not Live to work, or even work to live.

It is simply more gratifying, working for your own goods, knowing you get out, what you put in.

And if it is a community setting, everyone would have their responsibility.

Similar to a colony of Hutterites or something.

That is it!

Let's do it under the guise of cultural/religious right... but... you know... celebrate none, and just work for ourselves, out of town...

Oh to dream...

Edit: As for the goods you mention that can not be acquired otherwise - - some of us are not in need of every new device, or gadget.

Some of us enjoy the simple life! :-)
edit on 2-11-2011 by GrimTroll because: (no reason given)

top topics

join