It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just act less gay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

What a terrible solution. I'm glad we don't think that way with all crimes:

Don't like getting mugged? Stop carrying your wallet!
Don't like getting car-jacked? Stop driving cars!
Don't like getting raped? Stop being seen by other people!
Don't like having crimes committed against you? Stop existing!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
One day its the color of your skin

The next it is your gender

Then its your intelligence

Its been about religon

Its has been about the country you were born in, the language you speak, the clothes you wear, the shows you watch, the ideas you support, the way you wear your hair, the habits you have formed, your last name

And now its your sexuality.

Stop acting gay? They mean to say stop buying into a system that produces fear and hate. Once people realize sexuality is only part of a this human container they will die from laughter at the stupidity of the human race.

We all get bullied, grow up, do you and who gives a ---- wether you tatto a rainbow on your forehead or a peace sign. "Live and let live" thats whats tattoed on my forehead and I get ---- even for that
edit on 2-11-2011 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i wish some ppl on ats would act less gay

and no I don't mean the sexual orientation kind

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There are more effective ways to deal with bullies. Personally, I just befriended a few really big guys, and bought them an order of fries each day to give them...peanuts really, yet the few times anyone "got in my grill", suddenly 3 very large brothers were near me giving them the stink eye...
Ahh...Middle School bodyguards... I often helped them with homework too.

Not that I couldn't take care of myself, but with just me, I'd actually have to prove it, whereas the other way, it never got even beyond a threat. I've put down my share of bullies growing up. I think on some level, I really enjoyed it even, which spooked me a bit. (hence the bodyguard idea).

In High School, I knew enough of the A crowd to ensure I'd be somewhat left alone, and I did some tutoring that also would ensure some pretty good retribution...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

lol, that is a very smart idea. As for everyone else, glas to see that we agree that whoever said that was an idiot. Problems exist in anything, but stuff like this annoys me where people who have no real idea what they're talking about try to suggest their answers.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Good Thread OP. When I first saw the title I was pulling out the big guns, but I see the point you and others are trying to make.

But then I see this:

Originally posted by gabby2011

Also if a gay student is constantly making sexual remarks to other students, is acting flamboyant and trying to attract attention, it stands to reason he will anger a few of the other students, especially guys..if he is making suggestive remarks around them.

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks for clarifying.. stereotyping can lead to confusion...and mistakes.

edit on 2-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Gabby, you are making an absolute stereotypical conclusion. You assume that the reason why gay kids get picked on is because they are the ones making sexual remarks when in reality majority of sexual remarks made in high school are made by all students regardless of their sexuality. I remember many lunchtime conversations dedicated to ripping apart or speculating on the sexual exploits of our fellow classmates, majority of them straight.

Even if its a case of someone having a characteristic that makes them more "visible" to others about their sexuality, it never grants anyone else the right to ridicule them based on it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Gabby, you are making an absolute stereotypical conclusion.

and you are making an assumption that I had come to that conclusion, when in fact I was just speculating at perhaps the idea that there was more behind the reason of him being attacked.

Nowhere in the article did it mention the specifics of how he acted gay..or why he was bullied for it.

Sexually connotative remarks happen all the time, and perhaps some students took offense to it, and let him have it verbally. It`s not a conclusion..just a thought.

Even if its a case of someone having a characteristic that makes them more "visible" to others about their sexuality, it never grants anyone else the right to ridicule them based on it.

of course not !!..and once again I never suggested that it ever was.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I apologize but you make it seem like it is the main cause behind the bullying. Often the bullying towards gay kids is of the speculating nature. "I never see him with a girl, he must be gay" or "She isn't very girly, she must like other girls." Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong, but whatever the case the effects are devastating.

Fact is, it should be zero tolerance of bullying regardless of the target or the ammo used against them. All this is going to accomplish is teaching children that you really can't be who you are, you have to be what everyone else wants or sees as normal.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

I apologize but you make it seem like it is the main cause behind the bullying. Often the bullying towards gay kids is of the speculating nature. "I never see him with a girl, he must be gay" or "She isn't very girly, she must like other girls." Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong, but whatever the case the effects are devastating.

Fact is, it should be zero tolerance of bullying regardless of the target or the ammo used against them. All this is going to accomplish is teaching children that you really can't be who you are, you have to be what everyone else wants or sees as normal.

I certainly didn`t mean to imply that this was the case conclusively, and I should have written it differently perhaps.

Yes..bullying and words can hurt.. but gays need to keep that in mind as well. They are not above offending someone with their words, and I have heard gay men make some very nasty and crude comments about women, very suggestive sexual remarks about men that could be taken offensively...so..I am just saying ....EVERYONE needs to watch how they offend, and what they say that could indeed hurt someone...or even make them angry.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

No, that's very true. The LGBTQ Community is not only victimized but will victimize as well. Hate only breeds more Hate regardless of perceived sides.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Some people are not attacked because they are gay, just mentioning this. they are sometimes just attacked because they act different or seem different. most of the time if you don't act like a total asshole for guys, you're dubbed as gay.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That's happened to 2 of my friends. Both of them were terrorized in high school because they had mannerisms that people would assume meant they were gay and they weren't. And once the rumor mill started to churn it's impossible to stop.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

That's happened to 2 of my friends. Both of them were terrorized in high school because they had mannerisms that people would assume meant they were gay and they weren't. And once the rumor mill started to churn it's impossible to stop.

I'm very sorry to hear that..and high school can be a very cruel place.

There is no reason to terrorize anyone...for having effeminate mannerisms...or even for being gay.

edit on 7-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

i am unique proof a person who likes the same sex, but is not bothered by people. This is because of who i deal with in life i have trained myself to remove all showing of the emotional part of that.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
One day its the color of your skin

The next it is your gender

Then its your intelligence

Its been about religon

Its has been about the country you were born in, the language you speak, the clothes you wear, the shows you watch, the ideas you support, the way you wear your hair, the habits you have formed, your last name

And now its your sexuality.

Stop acting gay? They mean to say stop buying into a system that produces fear and hate. Once people realize sexuality is only part of a this human container they will die from laughter at the stupidity of the human race.

We all get bullied, grow up, do you and who gives a ---- wether you tatto a rainbow on your forehead or a peace sign. "Live and let live" thats whats tattoed on my forehead and I get ---- even for that
edit on 2-11-2011 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

or on my end,

quit thinking your sick and you wont be sick
change your attitude and you will feel bettter

i was diagnosed with chrons disease two years later,

my medication helps, thinking im sick keeps me alive
keeping my attitude as i had it, is who i am but i am less angry knowing that im not being told that im full of #
one day these people are going to kill someone... and will that solve the problem, probably not.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
Some people are not attacked because they are gay, just mentioning this. they are sometimes just attacked because they act different or seem different. most of the time if you don't act like a total asshole for guys, you're dubbed as gay.

That's because an overwhelming majority of women are attracted to assholes.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What is "acting gay"? You hug another man? I do it all the time when I haven't see a friend in a long time. A kiss? Been there too. That's not gay, it's affection. I choose my friends carefully, that's why I don't have many. I choose those that I can trust and those that can trust me. I will say though that some of my friends aren't comfortable with physical contact with another man. Get used to it, that's just me.

That said, my son is gay. His best friend isn't. You'd get that wrong. The friend is somewhat effeminate. My son looks like an NFL lineman. Don't go by looks or actions. You are more apt to be wrong than right AND does that really matter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join