It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detective Is Found Guilty of Planting Drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Detective Is Found Guilty of Planting Drugs

www.nytimes .com

The bench verdict from Justice Gustin L. Reichbach in State Supreme Court in Brooklyn stemmed from acts committed in 2007 by the defendant, Jason Arbeeny, a 14-year veteran of the department who worked in the Brooklyn South unit.

Before announcing the verdict, Justice Reichbach scolded the department for what he described as a widespread culture of corruption endemic in its drug units.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
NYPD needs to get cleaned up. I remember from a few LE classes I took that the older/bigger the agency the more corruption you will see. NYPD is old as hell and big as hell. Also, corrupt as hell. I love cops, but man do I hate the bad ones. They make the rest look bad and idiots the world over automatically think the police are the enemy. I really hope something changes over there soon, I'm getting sick of these stories.

www.nytimes .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

he described as a widespread culture of corruption endemic in its drug units.

Every city I have lived in I have heard stories of these specific units being corrupt. I think it has more to do with that then to do with the organization.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So what? They used to green light and carry out mafia hits, these cops are saints compared to those guys.

Not to mention the no doubt endless similar stories.
edit on 2/11/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It seems to me that drug units always end up being corrupt too. I think there are a number of reasons for this, the people the deal with, lack of oversight, greed and ease of planting drugs/stealing. Who are you going to believe? The cop or the druggie?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by boncho

It seems to me that drug units always end up being corrupt too. I think there are a number of reasons for this, the people the deal with, lack of oversight, greed and ease of planting drugs/stealing. Who are you going to believe? The cop or the druggie?

I think the problem stems from the law itself. It is fundamentally wrong. It would be the equivalent of arresting people for alcohol consumption... and we know how that turned out.

If someone is tasked to interfere with another person's life and personal choices, then they are going to corrupt themselves in some shape or form. In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I'm not opposed for some changes in drug law but I do think the more serious drugs cause some very serious problems. I'd rather deal with drunks then meth heads.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How many innocent people went to jail or were otherwise tortured by his actions?
Using his position to frame the innocent is unforgivable.
He should be publicly executed.

new topics

top topics

join