It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Arrested Attempting To Purchase Explosives, Suppressor and Manufacturing Ricin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is about the lamest story I've heard in a while.

No real good old Georgia boy, especially at the ages 60 to 70, are going to get themselves caught in such a manner as has been described.

The whole scream sure sounds like a set up by the feds to aid and assist our government in a plott to use against We the people.

If a Geogia boy wanted to make anything harmful he does not need any help from the feds to get the ingredients to do so with.

We hicks own drug companies, hardware stores and have great resources in our universities.

Oh and the blowing the stuff out of a car on the interstate is just more stupid than I can even inagine.
This smells of a fabricated story by the Suits.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Are you saying that age and the grace of being from Georgia prevents people from being stupid?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by dizziedame

Exactly what I was thinking.

There's no way anyone affiliated with somebody capable of refining ricin would need help machining a simple supressor.

Both are equally complex/simple depending on how you look at it and I'm sure a bunch of old timers knew plenty of garages and workshops where the tools they needed could be found.

Guys like these should be capable of machining firearms and supressors and cooking up explosives without any outside help.

Just about everybody I know over 50 is. These are the kids who grew up with saltpeter and copper bombs and making zip guns for fun when they were 12.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Look I'm a pretty right wing guy.

But I'm very much a student of history and I know where the revolutionary will take the nation, left or right, if allowed to succeed.

I want to preserve the Republic, the Constitution, and the safety of the people.

I don't believe that killing and lawlessness is the best method to achieve that.

We don't have to agree, you and I, on the details. As I have said many times, I'd rather we yell at each other over policy than shoot at each other over control.

If you're interested, you might want to see where I'm coming from a little more by reading this short piece I wrote on revolution.

A Brief History of Revolution

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What?

Machining a suppressor and refining ricin are not similar disciplines.

And doing either with the intent to commit murder is not the same thing as making zip guns when you were a kid.
edit on 2-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by projectvxn

Similar enough. Measurements, fine motor skills, ability to follow directions.

Machining a supressor, refining ricin, baking muffins, cutting hair, performing any task at all is essentially the same.

Anyone who isnt a complete dumbass could manage it with acceptable success.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
One of the problems that comes when the ruling class of a nation surrenders its committment to morality is that the rot at the top starts to spread to the bottom. (The top is always immoral, true, but at times they hide it better than other times, and every now and then idealists in the position to actually change things for the better do come along, elevating the entire system).

What has happened in America is that its getting to be a real fuzzy science who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. Too many wolfs have been called, too many cards have been played. Buzzwords no longer work. What exactly is a "terrorist?" Can a government be called "legitimate" if it does such-and-such? If not, what price loyalty? Difficult, disturbing questions. Questions Americans are not used to asking themselves. Questions that can't be shaked off so easily, that come back to haunt you in a million little ways throughout the day, demanding attention like tiny mosquitos. Questions.

edit on 11/2/2011 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

No.

You can't just machine a suppressor by virtue of not being a dumbass.

Those are precision pieces of equipment with particular tolerances. If you're not careful you could seriously hurt yourself.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by thisguyrighthere

All it is is dried and ground castor beans.

All a supressor is drilled holes and a threaded tube.

There isn't any rocket science here.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by projectvxn

You're thinking like a professional not like a workshop revolutionary.

If you aren't careful you can hurt yourself climbing out of bed yet billions do it everyday.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I get out of bed like a workshop revolutionary.

It ain't pretty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join