It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Greece is dragging us all under, what is going to happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
We all know that Greece is in trouble.

And now Greece is dragging us all down. Just watch the news.

Here is a thought - ancient Greece was the origin of all that is enlightened and beautiful.

Now Greece is dragging the world down.

And here is a fact - Greek banks have been issuing many credit cards to defaulters.

It is like they are saying "OK, this one doesn't work, so have a new one."

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Greece is not draging anything, we are all in deep # in this FIAT money system that is doomed to crash.
Only way out is to print more money or let the system crash, thats all they can do

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kelmi

And lord help us if we continue trying to dig our way out of the hole by printing more money, we all know the more we print the deeper we sink... I guess the fed missed the memo though

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kelmi
Greece is not draging anything, we are all in deep # in this FIAT money system that is doomed to crash.
Only way out is to print more money or let the system crash, thats all they can do

Sorry but Greece IS dragging the world economy under. Instead of accepting one of the most generous emergencyfunds ever, they feel they need a referendum! Seriously they lost ALL rights to hold a referendum at this point. There economic collapse could be seen coming for at least a year now!

There actions are selfish, they want there people to 'vote' to either DEFAULT or stablize there country and market. In my opinion it's not up to them anymore, they had 2 oppertunities to change and resolve there financial issues/ And what did they do? They go on national stikes! have they got any clue to what a default means? Do they think they will still have there government payed jobs? retirement at 50?

Just by the mention of the referendum the markets tumble down! And this is WITHOUT the outcome, that will happen somewhere in 2012 Greece says! On top of that Italy and Spain aren't doing great either, but there overlooked right now with what's going on in Greece.

the Dutch AEX was at 318 points and in 2 days dropped to 297!! Bankers and investers are unsecure and pulling out left and right, hope we get a decend ending here and not yet another resession but this time of epic size.

This is my view if the current situation tho.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2011 by Required01 because: some stupid typo's

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Greece is just in the most advanced state of the current economic decay. What is happening there will happen elsewhere as things progress. If the course isn't corrected (no suggestions from me) it will happen in Germany, Spain, Italy and so on. I feel the united states is a few years behind where Greece is today. Things may change or the will stay the same course as now and more will join greece in failure.

Hope exists and it not too late for everyone however I feel Spain and germany are next in line.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

Lets face it, the Greeks are going to vote this through...not. It is not in the interest of the people to vote it through, however as pointed out above i dont think most of them realise what will happen. No more cushy government jobs paying too much money, no more inflated early retirement pensions, they'll be going back to the Drachma that will be worth....wait for it.... about f**k all. Papandreou thinks he's pulled a fast one, and maybe he has but on the people, not the banks.

Good luck Greece, the rest of the world should just consider them out of the Euro and oh wait dont they run out of any money in 2 weeks, that should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
what day is the vote? i want to make sure i have my money out and spent on goods by then

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OathKeeper
I feel the united states is a few years behind where Greece is today.

Why? Because the USA are better in hiding it? For starters the USA could not even 'officially' afford the no-fly zone over Libya at the beginning of this year! Second there was a thread made here that the US military bugdet could not be cut because it simply was to big and 'needed'.

The dollar was on the verge of collapse a few months back, USA credit rating was lowered, extra money needed to be printed. Debt sealing needed to be raised. The list goes on even more but i think you got the point. America is just really good in diverting the attention to 'other' world problems like Greece and the middle east.

I mean who cares about our economy, we got Guadafi!!! Right?!? And there are ofcourse more examples how attention always seems to be divered from certain 'hot' issues. Just look what happened to the whole Obama birth certificate, it got a bit to hot and guess what. We killed OSAMA BIN LADEN!!! Cheer on the lawn of the white house all!!!

It seems that Space exploration is more important then the well-being of the US citizens, but that's just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

its called bankruptcy. people who dont live within thier means go bankrupt aka broke. countries do the same.

people and countries who go broke are forced to live within their means.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000

Lets face it, the Greeks are going to vote this through...not. It is not in the interest of the people to vote it through, however as pointed out above i dont think most of them realise what will happen. No more cushy government jobs paying too much money, no more inflated early retirement pensions, they'll be going back to the Drachma that will be worth....wait for it.... about f**k all. Papandreou thinks he's pulled a fast one, and maybe he has but on the people, not the banks.

Good luck Greece, the rest of the world should just consider them out of the Euro and oh wait dont they run out of any money in 2 weeks, that should be interesting.

I think the only reason that Papandreou pulled this referendum out is so he can later say to his people. "Well, you all voted to not accept there help. It's not my fault!" or something in that gerne.

All i can do is hope the people of Greece are smart enough to accept the help they are offered, that is IF and that's a really big IF they offer is STILL on the table! Papandreou has a meeting with the french and german officials because of his referendum. And what i hear here on the local news a couple of hours ago most of the G20 are really pissed off by his actions.

Surely the people of Greece (even the ones visiting this site) should understand that the emergency funds and cutback plans including the 50% debt relief would be a much better option then a default right?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Blaming Greece for the collapse is like blaming gravity for a planecrash.

The point is that, there will be a collapse wether there will be a bailout or not.
Its just deleying the inevitable

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I was the first to post that Greece is dragging us down.

Watch this space.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Blaming Greece is like blaming the first rock that tumbles down a hill for the carnage left from an avalanche.

You can carry on about Greece not accepting the wheelbarrels of cash to save their asses, but where is that cash coming from . . . seriously . . . where is it coming from?

Unless the whole world starts living within their means, it's a done deal across the board. But the 'systems' which rule our lives are all based on carpe deim . . . here and now . . . . whatcha-done-for-me-lately . . . live now, pay later . . . whatever the hell you want to call it.

Greece taking boatloads of dough to get outta the current mess is nothing more than that . . . the problems only go away temporarily but the root cause . . . living an unaffordable lifestyle . . . still exists.

The people of the world are addicted to spending and the banksters are the pushers for the Money Lords who are still sitting back making a profit off this whole mess.

And like good addicts, we aren't stopping our self-destructive behavior until we're forced to . . . until we hit rock bottom.

Unfortunately, we're not there yet . . . not even close. Greece is just leading the death spiral.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It's now been announced that December is the most likely date for this referendum. That buys another month.
This is all delay tactics.
TPTB aren't ready yet for whatever it is they're planning. I think we need to keep an eye on what the MSM are pushing in the coming weeks. The Syria-Pakistian-Iran thing looks the most promising. We have to be 'turned on' to that before Stage 2 can be started.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kelmi
Blaming Greece for the collapse is like blaming gravity for a planecrash.

The point is that, there will be a collapse wether there will be a bailout or not.
Its just deleying the inevitable

Originally posted by GoalPoster
Blaming Greece is like blaming the first rock that tumbles down a hill for the carnage left from an avalanche.

Yes ofcourse, why should Greece take responcability for there economics right? it's not there fault, they could not have prevented this. Come on seriously this was well known for years, 80% there are GOVERNMENT employees, and have 50 year retirement plans. Not to mention all the tax evasion is going on. Only a handful payed the taxes, other simply didn't. Have you any idea how much money that is?

So now that it has come to an almost certain collapse of the country we should not blame them? And not blame them for possibly taking down at least the EU economy and markets?

That you can even say that is beyond me, they are fully responsable for the situation there in right now. And for the situation that will come when the PEOPLE vote to not take the help! How can someone even concider that?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Yes ofcourse, why should Greece take responcability for there economics right? it's not there fault, they could not have prevented this. Come on seriously this was well known for years, 80% there are GOVERNMENT employees, and have 50 year retirement plans. Not to mention all the tax evasion is going on. Only a handful payed the taxes, other simply didn't. Have you any idea how much money that is?

So now that it has come to an almost certain collapse of the country we should not blame them? And not blame them for possibly taking down at least the EU economy and markets?

You know, if i loan you a 100 units of a new currency that i just created out of thin air, and make you pay
back 150 units. How can you do that? Its all a ponzi. you cant pay back unles someone else takes a new loan
of that same currency.
Thats the hole point of this moneysystem, its a scam and it will crash.

They are the first to fail, yes! But ill say in 2 years there will be more of these countries wether greece will default or not.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
People who blame the Greeks for not wanting more Austerity, by saying NO to the banks, are against freedom itself. Not to mention control of their lives, or hope, or anything else. Blaming the greeks because some scum wad made up that they owed a lot of money, shows you know nothing of what's going on in the world, AT ALL.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm blaming the baby boomers, worldwide. For years they have been borrowing so they can have the big house, the new car, the holiday, now the caravan and big tuck to pull it, it goes on and on.....some of them got rich. Along the way they have massively inflated the price of everything thanks to there continued borrowing. They over ate drank and smoked to much and now they expect to borrow more money to pay for their health plans.
Who is to pay back all this debt?
The youth? But we didn't spend it, so why do we have to pay it back? I could go on but I think i am starting to make my point.
This is my first post on ATS by the way so hello to all, long time follower and finally a member....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

So what you saying is Greece should give up it's national sovereignty and become a slave to the IMF and EU? Hell no. They need to leave the EU, tell the banks to stick it and go it alone. Go back to the dracma and gain some control over their country again.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Maybe this is what they want to happen.

The greek people are going to vote NO for the bailout we know that.
So the outcome of that will be a depression for the next 5 years the Euro zone will fail and in time it will become so hard and people will be so poor that we will accept a central banking system faster than out feet can touch the floor

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join