It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

finally after a YEAR without work

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Congrats!

It's tough to get any job now days. I hope you can keep it and they keep giving your guaranteed hours.

It's nice to hear some good news on here once in a while

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Without being disrespectful I googled that job...

www.urbandictionary.com...

The US is a effed up country, almost communist if you ask me by actually hiring "greeters".

Don't get me wrong, go out there and GET THAT JOB. Any job is better than sitting at home.
I walked with signs and costumes for temp jobs was a garbage man, typical jobs people look down on.

@OP,
Congratulations, nice to see you're happy

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
congratulations..good to see that things are picking up for you.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Congratulations!

After six months...I too am finally getting interviews. It feels like I'm moving forward again.

I'm hoping that a part time job helps cushion the money I have been losing in the markets.

And it'll get me outta the house as well. I am boooooored stiff!

I thought retirement was supposed to be relaxing.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Congrats!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
Just curious, try not to take this the wrong way, do you have a college degree?
If so what is your degree?

working on it. First time in college, online with Devry getting my bachelors in web/graphic design and animation. I'm thinking of concurrently getting my cert in Medical transcription as well since I don't know how well I'll find work in my degree when I graduate and those loans are 68k before interest. a few grants in there but unsure how much is taken off that sum.

The med trans is only 760 dollars for 12 to 15 month course (your pace) and it's 49 a month or so, with something like 39 down and then a final payment of 22 dollars. Figured everyone is hiring for that, can work at home, get good money. It would be something to help out paying off those loans til I start up my business for web/graphic design, animation, voice over work for vid games and animated shows, animation for vid games and a slew of other things.

Thanks.
I was just curious because I honestly think the education system and the eventual payout is messed up. Work to get a bachelors in four years (atleast that is what they tell you, most its takes a while longer) and then a graduate or masters is another 2-4, and still some can't find jobs because they are either "overqualified" and/or still dont have enough schooling.

I know people who do not have anymore then a HS school degree and are FAR more intelligent then some with 8 years of schooling. I honestly think school just get you prepared for how to act within the system, how to be the best currency slave you can be. AKA how inflated can we get your ego until you graduate and figure out your no better then anyone else (even though some think so, this is what we would call an illusion). "Education, thanks for money, now go get a life sucking job."

Well congratulations on the job either way. I hope whatever you do leads you to true happiness and I mean that.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

whats a classist?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

whats a classist?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Congratulations on the job, way to keep digging and not giving up!
My brother in law works at Wal-Mart and he loves it, he says everyone there is really nice and they made him a manager to boot.
I know how I feel about my kids, and I'm really happy for you and your son.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
very happy for you

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
Just curious, try not to take this the wrong way, do you have a college degree?
If so what is your degree?

working on it. First time in college, online with Devry getting my bachelors in web/graphic design and animation. I'm thinking of concurrently getting my cert in Medical transcription as well since I don't know how well I'll find work in my degree when I graduate and those loans are 68k before interest. a few grants in there but unsure how much is taken off that sum.

The med trans is only 760 dollars for 12 to 15 month course (your pace) and it's 49 a month or so, with something like 39 down and then a final payment of 22 dollars. Figured everyone is hiring for that, can work at home, get good money. It would be something to help out paying off those loans til I start up my business for web/graphic design, animation, voice over work for vid games and animated shows, animation for vid games and a slew of other things.

Web and Graphic designer are uber competitive. Best to look into business and marketing either before, after or alongside it. Too many people know how to design these days, wages for standard "workers" in the field will drop dramatically sooner or later.

You'd have a much more fruitful career in that field if you were a crap designer with a shark-like business mentality and accumen. There's tens of thousands of amazingly talented graphic designers who are forced to work at McDonalds, taking on the occasional underpaid "freelance work". Give it another ten years and they'll be hundreds of thousands of strong graphic designers, if there isn't already

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Congrats !!!!

Make sure you use the employee perks for purchasing .

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Warm thanks to everyone!

Life is indeed good. I'm hyped to start and yes, the benefits are to be good.

Oh and the greeters position is for those who are elderly and/or disabled. It helps them have a job, be in with the public, earn their own money and feel self esteem and self worth. That to me is beautiful.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
congrats to you sir/ma'am, I've been out of work for nearly 8 months with no luck yet, things look very bleak here up north. even if it's wal mart you now can feed your family, good on you. damn this unemployment curse.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

Urbandictionary is just a troll site, really. Quite disrespectful. see my post above here......

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

You'll have work soon. Trust in life. Visualize yourself in a job. And don't be afraid to make min wage. After all, even 7 an hour is better than zero

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I could feel your happiness bouncing from the page

Thank you for sharing this with us

Congratulations and I wish you a successful career.

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You have better luck than most.

If only we could afford to be more picky about the jobs we desire...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I have a job at Walmart, 9.75 an hour and guaranteed 33 hours a week!

I feel SO good now. No more food stamps, no more nothing.
DDD

I had to share this great news with all of you. ^_^ I'm finally SOMEONE again!

edit: OH MY this was my 300th post too! I just realized that. Hehe. wow.

edit on 2-11-2011 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

bahah.. dude 9.75 starting at walmart... good one.. idk what your doing but minnimum wage is only 7.25 here :/
should be 8.50

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join