It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No deal by U.S. deficit panel would be dire: experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

No deal by U.S. deficit panel would be dire: experts

news.yahoo.com

By Donna Smith and Richard Cowan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Budget experts warned on Tuesday of dire consequences if the congressional "super committee" fails to come up with a deficit reduction plan within a month, amid signs negotiations are faltering.

"I'm worried you're going to fail, fail the country," Erskine Bowles, who was President Bill Clinton's chief of staff and who helped lead a deficit-reduction panel last year, bluntly told the committee that is charged with finding at least $1.2 trillion in reductions over the next decade.

At a public hearing of the bipartisan sup
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Of course,The SuperCongress has found no way to cut the budget no one in congress wants to have their pet projects on the chopping block.I believe that they have no intention of finding any solutions to our economic problems because they would much rather posture and pander to their clueless basses all the while they are lining their pockets with even more of our money.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The U.S. is under dire threat of near term collapse in financial ways, if nothing else. The E.U. is arguably closer to collapse than we are, and Greece is only one part of that even if the most immediate and visible. Israel and Iran, among others, seem itching for a fight like a bunch of gun fighters at high noon, waiting for who moves first. Japan is still spewing radiation to the ocean, air and ...radioactive Mt. Etna? hey, how far down did at least 1 meltdown go, anyway? ... Oh yes, and we have a clear increase of various kinds of activity all around what is colorfully known as the Ring of Fire.

Lets not forget the Palestinian vote on the 11st, as the 13 Crystal Skulls are brought together in Los Angeles by the Maya Elders (appears to be the real deal, as described...anyway)

I mention this to add to your point. I wonder if this isn't far less a series of coincidences than may first appear. Overloading the system for collapse might just look like this, in the final lead up.

join