It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soda a silent killer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The thinig about juices is that it can be just as bad for you as sodas. Soda certainly has more artifical ingredients like phosphoric acid (which is what destroys your teeth), but juices can have more sugar than in equal serving of soda especially apple and grape juices and also have their own form of acid added (asorbic) which also damages your teeth. Give your kids juice once in a while but do not subsitute water for it. Get them use to drinking water, but I would suggest either buying spring water or a high grade filter which still comes out cheaper than buying juices or sodas every day.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

what common wealth do you live in? if it's virginia there's no way they'll take it out. there's too much military here for that to happen. military base puts fluoride into the water no matter what on base, even in military housing it's done no matter what

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Juice (organic 100% natural juice) is good for you and contains 10% sugar for flavor

the rest is what is left which is the squeezed left overs

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

Yeah I was referring more so to concentrated types which is about 90% of the market (made up % but I think it's pretty accurate lol). Juices don't need sugar added because they have another form of it in fructose, which is essentially the same thing. True organic doesn't contain sugar.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

oh okay then.... but going back to the organic... i saw cranberry juice 100% organic with pure cane sugar added
i dont know why they would add sugar but what ever

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire

Juice (organic 100% natural juice) is good for you and contains 10% sugar for flavor

the rest is what is left which is the squeezed left overs

This shows me how ignorant you are.
Juice (organic or not does not matter) has 10% sugar because the fruit has to store sugar for the seed to grow and/or so animals come and eat it so they can ***** it out somwhere else. God did not make apples to have sugar for flavor. Apples are not made to be juiced. Also, sugar IS NOT FLAVOR!! the flavor comes from the acids and oils and minerals in the fruit.

You are just so.... *slams e-fist on e-desk*

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Still I dont' drink plain water. first off, yuck. secondly, tap water smells like massive chlorine. third, too expensive to buy bottled all the time, even gallon jugs. It adds up fast. Rain water I'd not trust cuz who KNOWS what they are putting in the sky....... given the plane pollutants and what else? ew.

lol your not suppose to drink water from the faucet... and I am pretty sure buying soda is more costly than buying water. get a filtration pump for your faucet water ?

if our ancestors survived thousands of yrs on water alone then im pretty sure we can do without these radiant colored dopey drinks and carbonated sugar liquids...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
lemonade in its syrup form is highly flammable .....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

wow really? i really did not know that...thanks for the info :-D

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by joshuaislord

WRONG! Our ancestors did NOT live on water alone.

If you would care to reasearch, you would see that Tea is actually the most common drink of all time.
Even cavemen brewed tea for liquids, and rarely drank plain water.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

oh okay then.... but going back to the organic... i saw cranberry juice 100% organic with pure cane sugar added
i dont know why they would add sugar but what ever

Because cranberries are sour as *****.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Yeah I was referring more so to concentrated types which is about 90% of the market (made up % but I think it's pretty accurate lol). Juices don't need sugar added because they have another form of it in fructose, which is essentially the same thing. True organic doesn't contain sugar.

Wrong again, organic can contain added sugar as long as it is not processed with chemicals.

Example: Honey, brown rice sugar, maple sugar, agave, cane, beet, ect. Just not plain white sugar though.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

WRONG! Our ancestors did NOT live on water alone.

If you would care to reasearch, you would see that Tea is actually the most common drink of all time.
Even cavemen brewed tea for liquids, and rarely drank plain water.

You are wrong here, they do not drunk "Tea" they drunk
"Herbal Infusions"!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

haha i love it when people get corrected because they are wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

yes i know that...ive seen cranberry juice that is 100% organic (labeled on the juice bottle) and it has added cane sugar

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks, I always have stomach aches when drinking soda. The other day, I bought a sunkist and it tasted more like "sun kissed green grass"

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VideoDude

haha
well i get that too sometimes... now im going from 5 cans a week to 2 cans a week..

i would advise anyone to buy natural soda

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Wrong again, organic can contain added sugar as long as it is not processed with chemicals.

Example: Honey, brown rice sugar, maple sugar, agave, cane, beet, ect. Just not plain white sugar though.

First of all get off your high horse (I see can from all your posts in this thread that you seem quite obnoxious), my point was that sugar doesnt need to be added to fruit juices in general because fruits have there own form of sugar (fructose). Honey, brown rice sugar, maple, etc.. --are considered forms of "sugar" which is really an umbrella term for sucrose, fructose and lactose (glucose is the blood kind). Adding sugar does enhance the flavor, but also adds unnecessary calories. When referring to the added sugar part in my original statement I was specifically referencing refined sugar, but did not make that clear, but its overall irrelevent to the point I was trying to make. Also I'm curious by the "wrong again" comment care to show me where you corrected me the other time?

Relax a bit. 

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

first of all the statement you are quoting is not mine i did not write that and secondly i was simply implying that pure cane sugar (organic) is good for you..some of it..but yes juices should not contain any type of sugar only the sugar that the fruit carries

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

first of all the statement you are quoting is not mine i did not write that and secondly i was simply implying that pure cane sugar (organic) is good for you..some of it..but yes juices should not contain any type of sugar only the sugar that the fruit carries

No I quoted the right statement, read at the top is says "orginially posted by". It was a multiquote, I wasn't quoting you I was quoting Darkredfish. And everything I said was directed at him/her. I actually like pure sugar cane and honey as well, I think they are better for you than refined sugars and artifcial ones like HFCS.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: Grammar, added sentences etc..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join