It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soda a silent killer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

no its from 2 years worth of research
i cannot explain it as well as the doctors or scientists but i sure as hell can link you with articles from searching

people in 1950 were more helpful and visionaries

2011 they fight over Britney spears
edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I do love my soda, but I'm actually doing my best to limit soda to a can or two a week rather than a case in 3 days like I used to do O_O

I'm one who barely drinks/drank water too, it was always soda. But in 08 a friend turned me on to Vitamin Water and sweet tea, so now I drink those instead of soda. Like I said, I'm doing a can or two aweek of soda now and totally drinking Vitamin water and sweet tea instead. Both are SO much better for you. Tea cleans you out fully and is a diuretic and well, Vitamin Water is obvious: vitamins and water xD

I would get headaches when I'd stop drinking soda, yes. Now I don't since I've weaned down to a normal amount.

Still I dont' drink plain water. first off, yuck. secondly, tap water smells like massive chlorine. third, too expensive to buy bottled all the time, even gallon jugs. It adds up fast. Rain water I'd not trust cuz who KNOWS what they are putting in the sky....... given the plane pollutants and what else? ew.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

lol im not making this up... you can see the thousands of articles regarding this

you require sugary foods...its just a human habbit

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

yes vitamin water is good

first of all it contains purified water and no bad chemicals.. just VITAMINS XD

um yeah i noticed that too...i drank like 3 cans in 2 days and then i stopped and for some reason i always feel sick

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
AJ is right about one thing, that the pollution is being purposely put into our food and drink in order to harm us.

It's everywhere now, it's pervasive.

You cannot possibly escape it.

You can only hope to do one thing, avoid as much as you can, and give your body the nutrition it needs to rebuild and fight off these contaminants.

Or to go off the grid as I have tried to to as much as I can. Rainwater tank? You betcha. Veggie garden? Absolutely. Organic meat from local farmers I know has been untainted. Yes indeed. Unfortunately you cannot escape it completely, at some point you have to buy something that has government chemicals in it. The solution is knowing what the little numbers mean. I stopped giving my kids tomato sauce as one of the chemicals they use for preservative was actually having a worse effect than red cordial on them.
And I know it is hard for some to do as I have done due to lack of space or time, but it has not really been that hard, or anymore expensive than it is to buy these things at the stores.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Hey

Curious about the rain water tank. Is there a way to purify it? I'd be so worried about real/imaginary stuff the gov't puts into the clouds/skies/chemtrails, as well as plane exhaust, building exhaust, radiation, etc etc etc.

Sure, nothing beats putting your head back and catching a few raindrops (and don't care what anyone says, water from a hose on a hot summers day in ones back yard is always tasty!) but I'd be worried about drinking a lot of it. What's your take on that? How do you purify it if you do, etc?

Thanks for the answers

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

if you live in the country side you dont need to worry about pollution in the water

in the city? ohh yeah just dump that stuff down the drain...it is not worth it

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire

New studies done by independent labs reveal high traces of manipulated microbials and mercury (genetically engineered)

junk food is very bad but your brain requires sugar.

You can get almost as much sugar from most fruits that you could from soft drinks. Most fruits contain sucrose, such as oranges and apples. A glass of OJ actually has higher sugar and energy content than a glass of coke.

Junk food, most anyway, are not that bad, like anything, in moderation. Yes they have greater preservatives than most foods, but not by a great deal.
The body needs a mix of things to sustain itself, sugars, fats, energy, carbs. The problem is people overbalance one over the other. The best way is to listen to your own body after you eat something.
Ever felt like running a marathon after a McDonalds meal?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

New studies done by independent labs reveal high traces of manipulated microbials and mercury (genetically engineered)

You can get almost as much sugar from most fruits that you could from soft drinks. Most fruits contain sucrose, such as oranges and apples. A glass of OJ actually has higher sugar and energy content than a glass of coke.

Junk food, most anyway, are not that bad, like anything, in moderation. Yes they have greater preservatives than most foods, but not by a great deal.
The body needs a mix of things to sustain itself, sugars, fats, energy, carbs. The problem is people overbalance one over the other. The best way is to listen to your own body after you eat something.

Ok, is this thread a practical joke? Was the title actually "Lets state the obvious" before I came here???
Gaah, this is all old news, like, I learned this in high school textbooks news.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Buy yourself an old school water purifier with a sedimentary or carbon rock filter for the water to go through. I have one I put all my rainwater into (my mother has two, guess I'm not quite as paranoid :lol
. Usually a few days in the filter sorts out any leftover nasties, and should be pretty close to water at it's purest.
I don't know if you can buy them these days, I got mine at a garage sale. They're usually ceramic and stand about a metre (3 feet) approx tall with a spigot on the front.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

no this thread is not a joke it is very serious.

i dont know why random people argue about something off topic regarding a post

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

yes vitamin water is good

first of all it contains purified water and no bad chemicals.. just VITAMINS XD

um yeah i noticed that too...i drank like 3 cans in 2 days and then i stopped and for some reason i always feel sick

May i ask what the soft drink was?
If it contained Caffeine, it would be that causing your headache, the otherside if it is not, it would be your sharp drop of sugar in your system.

Your brain does NOT require sugar, your muscles do for energy, this doesnt mean you can go out and binge on it, in AU we have the Recommended Dietary Inake index (RDI), its usually a decent advisary as to how much you should consume. But the body (and in some cases brain) requires other foods to exist, like proteins, calcium, carbohydrates (again basically 'sugar').

Next on the agenda, Flu shots, i can confirm that YES it is a watered down, and modified version of the flu virus. Can it kill? Yes its possible that like all medical treatments complications can arise from this treatment. Are you doing anyone a favor for taking it? No, just yourself. I personally have a fully functioning and highly agressive immune system so i rely on that to deal with 99% of my bacterial and viral infections.

As for Vitamin Water, it also contains sugars etc, i do believe Choice did an article on it, i'll try and track it down when i have a few minutes to dig through my pile(s) of articles.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

pure cane sugar actually is good for you (some of it) and they added some sugar to vitamin water to make it taste good...otherwise it would be very very gross

as for the talk of vaccine it is clearly just a huge hoax

not taking one, never will

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

Originally posted by 74Templar

Ok, is this thread a practical joke? Was the title actually "Lets state the obvious" before I came here???
Gaah, this is all old news, like, I learned this in high school textbooks news.

And yet here you are still posting...
My aim is to enlighten, but seeing as you already seem to know everything there ever was to know about food and drink, there's not much point reiterating myself here is there???
Ohhh, I get it, you work for coca cola...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Spruk

pure cane sugar actually is good for you (some of it) and they added some sugar to vitamin water to make it taste good...otherwise it would be very very gross

as for the talk of vaccine it is clearly just a huge hoax

not taking one, never will

Its true, Pure Cane sugar is indeed good for you in severe moderation (im not a diet person), just making sure you knew that VW DOES contain sugar, so we are all good in that regard.

I'm not going to convince you to get one, thats not my aim. It's more to dismiss the mythical pink elephant in the room about these sorts of immune shots.

Actually its not, some people have compromised immune systems (Under say Steroid treatment for example), which would mean having a flu-shot would be a great idea for them, you feel crook for a few days, but the symptomology is VERY different to the full flu strain.

The original implementation of the flu-shot (and various other immune boosting medical treatment(s)) was to help those who have a compromised immune system, or if the virus was deadly (like whooping cough in children or smallpox). These viral agents are deadly, there is no doubt, and without these vaccinations (as an example) the mortality rate for children would be astronomical.

For someone who has a healthy immune system shouldn't need a flu shot specifically, because you can simply fight it in a natural method. But again this is my view, i'm healthy (or toxic, im not overly sure yet). The one message that has been forgotten before the 'swine flu' epidemic is, Viral agents CAN be deadly, and cannot be treated by anti-biotics. But these agents CAN be weakened so the human immune system can fight it off naturally (flu shots)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

If you went months without drinking somthing other than soda, you need to see an addiction counsler.

Nah, that's for people without willpower.

All it took was to stop consuming it.
That simple.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't think soda is bad as long as you're drinking enough water & brushing teeth, normal dental hygiene etc..

Drank soda all the time when I was growing up and my teeth are perfect, but I also brushed my teeth twice daily

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Amazing! Thank you. I"ll look into finding one of those. Sounds like a godsend and I bet the water tastes breathtaking.

My friend grows his own pear trees. And no chemicals are used what so ever. The pears are huge and almost round - and you bite into them and don't want to stop. It's so refreshing to taste home grown fruit which has not been touched by monsanto. I can taste a 1000% difference between those and the ones you'd buy in any grocery store.

I'm kind of eager to taste purified rain water. I bet a year of drinking it would do wonders for the body.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I do love my soda, but I'm actually doing my best to limit soda to a can or two a week rather than a case in 3 days like I used to do O_O

I'm one who barely drinks/drank water too, it was always soda. But in 08 a friend turned me on to Vitamin Water and sweet tea, so now I drink those instead of soda. Like I said, I'm doing a can or two aweek of soda now and totally drinking Vitamin water and sweet tea instead. Both are SO much better for you. Tea cleans you out fully and is a diuretic and well, Vitamin Water is obvious: vitamins and water xD

I would get headaches when I'd stop drinking soda, yes. Now I don't since I've weaned down to a normal amount.

Still I dont' drink plain water. first off, yuck. secondly, tap water smells like massive chlorine. third, too expensive to buy bottled all the time, even gallon jugs. It adds up fast. Rain water I'd not trust cuz who KNOWS what they are putting in the sky....... given the plane pollutants and what else? ew.

Thank you for sharing your story.
Perhaps I should try vitamin water as well, I have never tasted it yet.

I appreciate your suggestion, I will defiantly give it a shot.

Also yes city water is notoriously polluted in many places, and yes rain water is polluted as well, although it really depends on a lot of conditions and there are chances you could get it clean. But it's up to God and luck it seems.

Just about everything is polluted to some extent but if you consume good healthy things it will help you expel those pollutants and rebuild your body faster.

Keep making those good posts Sarra!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join