It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alphas. TV show.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this.
I set it to record last night so will watch it when I get home, (followed by smallville final finale).
It seems like it's a bit like Heroes, No ordinary Family and X-men.

It looks like they go the route of People gain powers through evolution and mutations.

Yeah, has anyone seen this already in the US (it's the pilot here in UK), if so what did you think?
Is it worth the time???

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yeah Season 1 finished not long ago it has started getting very good. They describe biological plausible causes for mutation of said Alphas throughout the series. Great characters and plot.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

great show well worth the watch. enjoy

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Definitely. Well done. Interesting premise that manages to steer clear of being a Heroes rip off even though it is a similar premise. I love the interplay of the autistic character with the rest of the team (and the fact that it casts him as capable and strong.) Enjoy. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The show is really enjoyable. The plot seems awfully shaky but really comes through at the end for an awesome season finale. The series is doing an awesome job on their characters.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Cool, sounds like it's a good one.
1 hour 30 mins before I can start it, i've really been wanting a good series to follow lately.
Being the Lost fan I was, I tend to compare things to that, and as you can guess not much really stands against it.

I think I need to get into Fringe, i'll have to do it by box sets though as I never really got into it when on TV.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yeah, it's pretty good, the autistic guy has a good power though I hope there will be more explanation on what it is exactly he is linking into.

Can't say I like the guy who throws things and makes them move.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that the finale (I know i'm only on the first epi) will involve a breakout from the holding facility.

The guy in charge of the team, does he have any power???

It was really quite an intense first epi, what with the pheramone man making others go nuts and start killing each other.

I hope they keep that kind of vibe, it's really quite dark.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I think you mean Hicks (the character recruited in the first episode). His power is to come up with a perfect trajectory for his target, he can't make anything move on its own. I felt like the first episode made it seem as though he would be treated as the main character or somehow more important than the other characters but this does not happen to be the case.

Gary (the autistic one) is able to visualize and communicate with wireless signals.

Dr. Rosen has not been shown to possess any special abilities.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have been watching the series also. I have liked it not that I thought it was a great series. The characters and story line have been worth watching in my opinion. As the season goes on do enjoy. Most of all I do like to see them working together.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I loved it though I'm worried about it. Sy Fi canceled Eureka not too long ago and I'm wondering if Alphas might suffer the same fate.
Any word on a second season?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

I found this about the second season.

After initial reports that the show was cancelled,[2] on September 7, 2011, Alphas was renewed for a 13-episode second season.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy

I think you mean Hicks (the character recruited in the first episode). His power is to come up with a perfect trajectory for his target, he can't make anything move on its own.

That explains alot, his superhero name should be "Rebound".

It's been a few months since i've had good TV to watch, now I got Big Bang Theory back and How I met your mother and this.

top topics

join