It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alcohol-The cause AND solution to all of lifes problems"I think it should be banned!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

you can add a few more poisons to the list at the supermarket

- like preservative 211 - sodium benzoate - in all soft drinks but colas, and in all cordials but blackcurrant
- aspartame
- most food colours
- flouride in your toothpaste

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

you inability to control your abuse of a substance is not justification for the government to control me when i have the will power and ability to control myself. I love to drink i like to drink and i want to drink. I drink several times a week after work and never once do i take it too far. Only twice in my life did i drink too much and i was younger than 23 when i did that and stupid.

Regulate yourself don't expect others to do it for you! Get help and take the advice to do what is needed. When you return to the bottle its your fault not mine, not his not hers not Bush's not Obama's not Americas. We shoudl help those in need but not punish those who have control.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Intoxication in general is escape from reality even in minor amounts to "loosen up" which translates into (I don't want to face the causes of my social insecurities nor do I want to address them, but I'd rather just be intoxicated so I don't care). But if it wasn't Alcohol, it would be drugs, and if not those, then they would just go see a shrink to get some happy pills. If not that, then video game addictions or inane television shows. Or maybe they will form an addiction to sex or some extreme, dangerous sport. If not that, maybe they would spend all their time online chatting away, or posting on conspiracy theory forums and getting a rush from thinking the world is going to end tomorrow and the CIA is trying to mind control them with radio waves. Maybe they would form an addiction to working out and become some massive pile of muscle. The list goes on.

The real issue is not the dangers of alcohol. Junk food, unclean air, and unclean water are far more dangerous to us all than alcohol will ever be even if nobody wants to admit it. You are far more likely to die from one or all of these in your life than you are of alcoholism or an alcohol related accident. The real issue is that people have no idea how to cope with reality, with their issues, with this world. They are not brought up in a healthy way, they are not taught anything about how to approach their psychological and existential problems, and almost all of the authority figures in ones life are just as clueless even if they pretend not to be.

People would rather drink to relax than learn how to master themselves so they can relax at will at any time of the day without intoxicants. People don't know how to have fun without being inebriated because they have lost the inner child. But its also human nature to often take the path of least resistance.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
reply to post by Spruk

- like preservative 211 - sodium benzoate - in all soft drinks but colas, and in all cordials but blackcurrant
- aspartame
- most food colours

Why thank-you kind sir. Anyone else want to add more to the list?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
reply to post by Spruk

- aspartame
- most food colours

yeah now there is a subject.... point out something that we have absolutely no control over as apposed to something we have already know worked with. Thanks. This is a subject that does need to be raised to the highest degree and more ppl need to be educated on this.

I mean come on, they are literally poisoning the water we drink. WTF!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor

People would rather drink to relax than learn how to master themselves so they can relax at will at any time of the day without intoxicants. People don't know how to have fun without being inebriated because they have lost the inner child. But its also human nature to often take the path of least resistance.

thats not a fair thing to say. I can relax at will without intoxicants. I can also relax without music and without a full body massage and without sex and without video games and without Television as well as without booze. But i utilize all the pleasures in life.

Bottoms up to those who have will power. Go to a meeting for those who don't.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Its not based on my personal issues, I was one of MANY. Allah forbid you people ever have a child killed by a drunk driver, my how your tune would change!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What's the difference between having your child killed by a drunk driver or a sober driver?

I am deeply sorry if that happened to you, but really there isn't a difference. Either one of them could happen at any time and both are equally bad.

BAN CARS TOO! The system makes way too much money of those metal-death machines that only a very few can't control.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Its not based on my personal issues, I was one of MANY. Allah forbid you people ever have a child killed by a drunk driver, my how your tune would change!!!!!!

Different tracks now, but i'll tackle this one.

NOTE - my life has NOT been directly affected by a drink driver, however i have seen the aftermath of incidents involving alcohol, and to which i do NOT wish these memories on anyone. Nor do i wish anyone’s lives to be impacted by a loss due to people being under the influence of any substance(s).

Moving on -
If you want to blame the 'product' then we take another look at it:
* Ban guns
* Ban sporting equipment
* Ban bricks
* Ban cars
* Ban rocks
* Ban clothes
* Ban groups larger than 2 being in public

All of these can be a catalyst of disaster, pretty much lock EACH of us up in a little padded room, and never let us out, or eat anything solid (choking risk).

A famous wise person once said : "(insert object/substance) dont murder, people do".

Again food for thought.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

alcohal is evil it is legal only because goverments make 2 much money from it. in taxes and also when people are drunk they tend 2 make trouble and get arrested ova stupid things like criminal damage. then they have 2 go court and pay fines so they are the main reasons there not illegal. i could go on all day about this
edit on 1-11-2011 by MankSidUK11 because: dint right anythin lol

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

u forgot the weed m8 at least people are happy n chilled on it

link   

Originally posted by ShedAlert
That is also the theory of the majority of people. It's pretty blatant as to why it isn't illegal, and you've pretty much averagely summed it up.

Sorry in all my ramblings I forgot to mention I think it should be ILLEGAL, sorry for the mistake

Stop imposing your moral shortcomings on the rest of the world.

If I choose to brew my own beverages or distil my own from said brew, it's none of your damn business. Get out of my living space, and sort yourself out.

You do not control me with your thoughts, so your opinion that a vice should be illegal is nothing short of you wanting to control me and my actions, when they have nothing to do with you.

link   
Alcohol has been a part of society for thousands of years it would be like making sex illegal !! I think more money and resources go towards education and treatment centers . Alcohol ruined my life and more importantly hurt my family and friends . AA was my saving grace but I won't go preaching that alcohol should be banned . The media and advertising plays a big role in how we view alcohol consumption and that should be looked at !

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. ~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Benjamin Franklin

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Sorry in all my ramblings I forgot to mention I think it should be ILLEGAL

As long as somebody is of legal age, purchases the stuff and takes it home, drinks and stays home and away from operating any machinery what business is it of yours?

Stop trying to push your moral frap down everyone else's throat.

You want prohibition back again on alcohol?

Do you realize how many people are now in jail for simple possession of pot? Imagine how many more will go to jail if prohibition is brought back?

And America has more imprisoned people than any other industrialized country in the world. (Slave labor).

Simple solution: Close down the friggin bars............now days most people (in America) drive to bars.

If someone is caught driving while drunk...........take their license away for good.

If someone is caught driving without a license.........throw them in jail for a good long time.

But, if I want to buy a bottle of Merlot (and one 750 ml bottle will last me at least a week) don't make it illegal.

Don't like our liquor laws, go to the Middle East.

We are restricted enough here.

At ten o'clock I have one glass of wine. I do not go out for any reason and drive once I've had my night cap.

Our government has their nose in already too many aspects of our personal lives.............and you want more?

Cameras on every major street corner, office buildings, wire and e-mail tapping and on and on and on it goes.

America is no longer a free country and you want yet more restrictions.

edit on 1-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Your right it has been around thousands of years and for thousand of years it has been keeping people dumbed down and following the norm. To all of you who say ban guns, ban cars..... THOSE THINGS dont make you act stupid and beat your loved ones. It not just about the dui thing its about ALL the crime and I assure you smart alecy people that MANY MANY cases of abuse stem from this Much of it not even reported, usually til its too late! Use your heads people.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PitchBlack777

i dont think god (if he's real) made alcohal. it is man made if he did want us 2 do anythin it would be cannibis coz that comes from mother earth. if any1 made beer its the devil (if he real 2) coz it a depressont

link   

From the homeless man on the corner, to the high level exec who kills someone in an auto accident, to the middle class man that beats his wife and kids all because of this legal TAXABLE poison.

And I am quite passionate about THIS:

No man ever beat anybody just because of alcohol. A man may beat somebody more severly while they are drunk, but the have the capacity to do it without alcohol to begin with.

Quit fooling yourself!

link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

No but the years of alcohol and drug abuse I encured were the biggest hell one could imagine, trust me
Yes only 35, good thing I made it.

Again, so you abused substances and now you wish to impose your moral ambiguity onto others.

I don't get it.

Alcohol may be a poison, but so are many things you most likely ingest daily without even thinking. The world is toxic.

Alcohol occurs naturally. It's a process called fermentation. That's how it was first found, bread in water became alcoholic. Wow, liquid from the gods to ancient man.

It is an art today, one I enjoy. and you'd like to see the likes of me arrested for a hobby. A recreational vice. I'd be arrested for manufacturing an illicit substance. Just for throwing hops and malt in water with a load of sugar and yeast and letting it sit in a tub for a few weeks.

All because YOU couldn't handle it when you were younger.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join