It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. consumers urged to boycott 'cancer-risk' Johnson's baby shampoo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Another good site to visit is www.foodreactions.org, it lists all the E numbers and also gives their other names, it also tells you what countries they are banned or restricted use. It's bloody amazing in this day and age that we have multi-national corporations making stuff differently for a different markety surely standardised would be more commercially viable even if the price had to increase somewhere

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I applaud those who try very hard to live a healthy, chemical-free lifestyle, but isn't is all just a matter of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic? Beyond the fact that, no matter what we do, we'll all die eventually... I would imagine that the endless amounts of harmful chemicals pumped into the ground, water, and air as well as the radiation pouring out of Japan and countless other non-disclosed areas around the globe will do us and our kids in a hell of a lot quicker than tiny amounts of a carcinogen found in baby shampoo.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ever hear the story of floss rings and sterile floss inventor Sean Dix.
Please read. You will never touch a johnson and johnson product again.

Sean Dix
-flossing can be murder

So you though your j&j dental floss was sterilised. Think again fool!

The deadly corruption goes all the way to the top.
Nothing is real.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i will have a personal ventetta with the company and kill somebody for poisoning my son if this is true, i have used that shampoo thinking it was okay since it was FOR BABIES.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

It is upsetting to think that the iconic product, meant for sensitive young scalps, contains formaldehyde. The chemical is released by the ingredients 1,4-dioxane, a suspected carcinogen, and quaternium-15. Quaternium-15 is a preservative common to many personal care products, yet it is a sensitizers that can cause contact dermatitis. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen.

The success of the campaign to remove these ingredients offers a powerful lesson on standards. The baby shampoo formula used by Johnson & Johnson for bottles sold in Sweden, Denmark, the United Kingdom, Japan, Norway and South Africa was already free of these toxic ingredients.

But while consumers in these countries were offered the safer version of the product, Johnson & Johnson continued to sell baby shampoo with formaldehyde-releasing ingredients in Canada, the United States, Australia, China and Indonesia. Consumers in every country deserve protection from toxic chemicals.

The goal of campaigns like this is not to have two classes of cosmetics -- expensive, safe ones, and affordable, toxic ones. The goal is to get the toxins out of personal care products, period. We're glad that Johnson & Johnson is doing the right thing, and offering a safer version of their product to all consumers. The lesson of this victory is twofold: consumers have the power to demand safer products and win; but the campaigning can't stop when a better product is offered only to those who can afford it.

I just ran across this story and I wonder how a company that knowingly sells carcinogens for use on infants and babies can still be in business at all?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Ever tried to prove that any drug or additive caused something? You can't. The medical and pharma industries clam up and will not speak out against each other. And you can't possibly gather enough evidence yourself or even banding with others to make any headway. I had this experience when we believed a bad batch of vaccine administered in a certain hospital during a certain timeframe caused Tourettes in a a cluster group of children, including mine. We had 20+ people and an attorney working for 5 years and made absolutely no headway. They close ranks like nothing you've ever seen before. Same experience when a sinus medication was compromising autoimmune systems. So good luck proving anything with an even less-controlled additive to a baby shampoo. Of course they're going to say it's "safe." Of course they're going to count on it being hard to prove in a world full of carcinogenic agents being covered up as safe. In any event? Better safe than sorry.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It is impossible to live chemical free, its in food products, cosmetics, clothes we wear, vehicles we drive, houses we live in and bed/mattress we sleep on. The biggest fraud ever done by chemical industry is plastic, plastic is said to secrete minor amount of harmful chemicals in case of excessive cold or heat. Now many use plastics as hot cases or glasses, utensils, water bottles, cold drink (which is even worse), carry bags, baby feeding bottles which are heated up every time before feeding in order to keep it germ free and all etc. The list is endless, gone are those days where one in 25 cases had cancer. Now it has come up to one in 5. That's 5 times more and its getting more and more worse. So i say to all non smokers activist that if lung cancer or any other cancer is their concern for people who smoke, well they should check them selves first than thinking about others.
edit on 29-11-2011 by adriellemartin because: grammatical mistake

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join