It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet's injuries from Occupy Oakland protest not caused by deputies, SF sheriff says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by pianopraze

Since you seem to be the expert, who shot the person helping the Marine?

Oakland PD doesnt use rubber bullets, anf the officers anonymous are blaming are Oakland officers. Since you guys apparently have all the answers, who fired it?

The Alameda County Sheriff’s Department told The Bay Citizen Wednesday that its officers used foam-like bullets, paint guns and tear gas Tuesday night.

Hmm... amazing...

ETA here's a picture of them for sale: link.

edit on 1-11-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Makeshift

The reason it occurs this way, in my opinion, is because a bulk of people on these forums hate law enforcement regardless of what happens. They are ok with taking any incident and spinning it in such a manner that places law enforcment / government on the its all their fault list.

What they are arguing for is not justice, but a 100 meter rush to judgment against the police, and trampeloing all over the constitution in the process.
I find it ironic that the very people blaming the government for taking rights away have no problem taking the very same action they denounce.

The ironies abound.....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Hmmm and yet anonymous is calling out Oakland officers, not Alameda county sheriffs deputies. Hmmm... OWS has stated the flash bang, then the rubber bullet, and now the tear gas canister is responsible for the marines injuries. You guys are soc quick to blame you ignore any information that doesnt support the I hate the police agenda.

Have you ever thought the injury occured when the Marine hit the ground? Have you ever thought he may have been hit with a rock or bottole or paint thrown from the protestors, and it landed short, hitting the Marine? Or are you purposely discounting those possibilities because it doesnt include law enforcement in the blame equation?

Since no one for sure knows what the hell is going on, including anonymous, how about we let the experts in the PAs office do their job.

As far as your link goes, A for effort. However, I can show you websites that allow you to buy red and blue LEDS lights for your car along with sirens and radios. What you ignore is whether or not a supplier can sell the item to a person who resides in a state where its illegal for a civilian to poses the item.

As an example California and Body Armor.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The problem is "trust," and its been used up over the last 30 years or so. You have to put a little in the bank if you want to make withdraws.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

ROFLMAO....

I think they guy that got hit with the paint gun knows what happened to him... since the foam rubber paint ball bullet imbedded itself.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Domo1

This is going to be interesting. Perhaps I missed it in the article but are they asserting that the injury was not caused by their deputies, or any police at the scene? If the latter I wonder if they are going to spin it and say a protester throwing a bottle or rock actually injured Mr. Olsen.

I'm pretty sure the freaking video shows the cops shooting projectiles... seems a rather poor excuse.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if something else is found to have injured the guy, but come on don't say those weapons weren't being used.

www.sfexaminer.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

The claims being made by OWS are all over the place, from the flash bangs causing it, to a rubber bullet being fired to a tear gas canister hiutting the guy. They are ignoring the fact protestors were throwing rocks, glass bottles and paint at law enforcement, which could have just as easily as caused the injury if the item fell short of the police line.

This is why people need to step back and quit pointing fingers until the investigation is concluded. The comment by the Sheriff revolves around their internal investigation. The PA for Alameda county was requested to conduct the offical investigation to avoid the appearence of a cover up / any improprieties.

If you didnt see the video posted earlier,i dont know how a bottle could curve around him and hit Olsen in the face, as he was standing right in front of the police while FACING them.

You always have this weird way of ignoring facts and primary evidence (i.e. the video) and instead of believing your own eyes you'll wait to read some fantastical police report.

Then again, around here you are known as defender of the NWO, so have at it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Call me all the names you want. You and others are doing the 100 meter rush to judgment, and the "Facts" you claim dont show the entire story. If it did, we would know what happened now wouldnt we.

I have nothing to do with your paranoid NWO BS so dont even equate me with that crap.

If you and some of the others would look at this objectively, instead of through paranoid conspiracies all around mindset, you would see what im talking about. Instead you and others hate law enforcement and the government so muchy, you dont care about facts or evidence. You want to kill the cps and nothing else.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

ROFLMAO....

I think they guy that got hit with the paint gun knows what happened to him... since the foam rubber paint ball bullet imbedded itself.

Paint cans, not balls.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Let’s Stick With The Topic

Opinions about the incident and evidence related to Scott Olsen's injury are quite welcome, but let's please refrain from characterizing one another or otherwise dragging personal commentary into the discussion.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

The problem is "trust," and its been used up over the last 30 years or so. You have to put a little in the bank if you want to make withdraws.

That trust is a 2 way road, and attacking the police and throwing rocks / beer bottles etc at them is the same argument you make when the police lob flash bangs / tear gas etc back at the protestors.

As I said, no issues here in holding the police accountible. However, it takes 2 to tango in this case, and the protestors should be held accountible for their actions that go beyond mere protesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The bottle didn't have to curve around him, it could have struck his face as he turned to leave. Ever consider that? Do you have any evidence that he was shot by the police with anything? Maybe a pic of the cannister nearby on the ground? A smoke trail from the cannister? Maybe his account of what happened? No?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Ok, but JUST the ones throwing stuff, right?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Mod note: Please see above.. Thanks -- Majic

edit on 11/1/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

So do you have any actual evidence that the police shot Scott Olsen with anything? Anything besides a video that shows nothing hitting him?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makeshift

So do you have any actual evidence that the police shot Scott Olsen with anything? Anything besides a video that shows nothing hitting him?

It's far more likely that the cops throwing things right in front of him are responsible then some mysterious rock that doesn't follow the laws of space or gravity. 'Maybe it went through a wormhole and hit him after a protester in New York threw it.'

The first part of my previous post was not on topic, but to say it was on off topic post is incorrect, because the second half of it was very on topic.
edit on 1-11-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Or maybe it hit him in the face when he turned around to leave. But likely does not equal proof. So your answer is no, you do not know if he was even shot by the police.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Or maybe it hit him in the face when he turned around to leave. But likely does not equal proof. So your answer is no, you do not know if he was even shot by the police.

Well, I do 100% know that the cops were in fact throwing things at the protesters just feet from where he was standing, I think that is 100% more proof than anybody else throwing things at protesters mere feet from where he was.
edit on 1-11-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

How does anything you just said equal proof of anything? The cops were throwing things is proof they shot him in the head? Do you have or have you seen any pictures or video of the police there holding the weapon that fires those gas cannisters?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

How does anything you just said equal proof of anything? The cops were throwing things is proof they shot him in the head? Do you have or have you seen any pictures or video of the police there holding the weapon that fires those gas cannisters?

Are you saying that there were no gas canisters?

second line...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I'm talking about the cops in the direct area of the shooting. Can any of them be seen holding the tear gas launcher? Is there a canister on the ground near him? Wouldn't there be tear gas all around him if he was shot with one?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join