It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet's injuries from Occupy Oakland protest not caused by deputies, SF sheriff says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Vet's injuries from Occupy Oakland protest not caused by deputies, SF sheriff says

www.sfexaminer.com< br />

Occupy activists and supporters claim to have identified at least three San Francisco deputies in video shot before and during the raid.

The Sheriff’s Department said an internal investigation unit is reviewing the incident, but it’s unlikely the identified deputies caused Olsen’s injury. Spokeswoman Eileen Hirst said 35 of the 37 Sheriff’s Department personnel on site for the raid were not carrying projectiles, and the two who were equipped with them did not fire.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is going to be interesting. Perhaps I missed it in the article but are they asserting that the injury was not caused by their deputies, or any police at the scene? If the latter I wonder if they are going to spin it and say a protester throwing a bottle or rock actually injured Mr. Olsen.

I'm pretty sure the freaking video shows the cops shooting projectiles... seems a rather poor excuse.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if something else is found to have injured the guy, but come on don't say those weapons weren't being used.

www.sfexaminer.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Tell Big Brother that Little Brother is watching as well.

This is the age of information and technology. Everyone is watching. There is nothing that you, me, or the government itself can get away with in public spaces these days. They can lie all they want, but the video clearly shows the opposite of what the Police are now putting forward.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Of course they have to spin it in any way they can. There is no good excuse or explanation, so they have to use crappy ones. Oakland's police force was not exactly popular for their honesty and justice before this incident, so they have very little to lose. Thanks for the post.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here's the footage, in case there is one or two people on the planet who missed it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They might have gotten away with this kind of crap in the past, but the little people can watch Big Brother just as well as they can watch us.

The guy was standing in front of the minimal crowd, directly facing the police. Doesn't leave many directions for a blunt object or projectile to travel from before hitting him.

The only reason they come out with these lame denials is so certain media outlets can run with it and cast aspersions on the protesters.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Surely those clowns can get more creative than the above explanation. I'll give them a scenario...

As Earth passed through Elenin's debris cloud, a piece of Elenin's gravitationally shattered material entered US airspace and was tracked by NORAD to the city of Oakland. From there, ground sensing radar determined that the invading piece of debris struck Scott Olson in the head when he had his head held high. If it weren't for Mr. Olson being there, the errant space rock may have missed him entirely.

At least that's creative ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/1.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is a perfect example why I feel that every public street should have CCV.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

Yeah but the CCTV would still be in the authorities hands. They can prevent any video from seeing the public light if it shows them in the wrong. (Like the videos from the cameras around the Pentagon during 9/11, whatever happened to those?)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The Sheriff’s Department said an internal investigation unit is reviewing the incident, but it’s unlikely the identified deputies caused Olsen’s injury. Spokeswoman Eileen Hirst said 35 of the 37 Sheriff’s Department personnel on site for the raid were not carrying projectiles, and the two who were equipped with them did not fire.

It's pretty obvious from the video that this is a lie. If no one was carrying projectiles, how do they account for the tear gas canisters flying through the air?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

We know now that the protestors were in fact throwing projectiles themselves. Could this be collateral damage?

A bottle thrown through the air could be deadly. Were they not throwing things like bottles at the Police? I doubt they would tell the truth if they did do it themselves. Many of them are now union thugs paid or ordered to be there.

Perhaps they caused this themselves then. When you start throwing things at people in a crowd, it's fairly certain the wrong people will be hit eventually. I known I've seen the masks the creepy Anarchists wear in the video's of the protests and they only show up for one reason.

I've found this one real interesting since its in one of the most liberal cities in the country and they seem to be protesting themselves to make demands of a government they already control, or is it to drive jobs away, I get so confused by these people with no goals or plans other than to make themselves the center of attention.

We know from the polls of the actual protestors that one in three is violent and want violence. This can't end well. After the real protestors go back to support their families that only leaves the radicals and violent ones, along with the union thugs there to help Obama get reelected.

Would it not be ironic if these folks caused Obama to win guaranteeing four more years of the same crap?
They are taking money and support from groups who only help those working to help Obama. Once they did that, they can't be trusted.

link   
I suppose they weren't shooting non leathal projectiles too...

what liars!

They shot that guy as he was carrying the wounded Marine away.

link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Pure freaking magic.

Of course.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

i think what they are saying is that although they where there in a support role with the Oakland police department, they only had 2 equipped deputies and neither discharged their weapons. implying by omission that the projectiles had to have come from the Oakland police. seems quite apparent to me that although they are attempting to distance themselves from the actions of the Oakland P.D. they aren't saying it wasn't the police at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

This is going to be interesting. Perhaps I missed it in the article but are they asserting that the injury was not caused by their deputies, or any police at the scene? If the latter I wonder if they are going to spin it and say a protester throwing a bottle or rock actually injured Mr. Olsen.

I'm pretty sure the freaking video shows the cops shooting projectiles... seems a rather poor excuse.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if something else is found to have injured the guy, but come on don't say those weapons weren't being used.

www.sfexaminer.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

The claims being made by OWS are all over the place, from the flash bangs causing it, to a rubber bullet being fired to a tear gas canister hiutting the guy. They are ignoring the fact protestors were throwing rocks, glass bottles and paint at law enforcement, which could have just as easily as caused the injury if the item fell short of the police line.

This is why people need to step back and quit pointing fingers until the investigation is concluded. The comment by the Sheriff revolves around their internal investigation. The PA for Alameda county was requested to conduct the offical investigation to avoid the appearence of a cover up / any improprieties.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by Domo1

i think what they are saying is that although they where there in a support role with the Oakland police department, they only had 2 equipped deputies and neither discharged their weapons. implying by omission that the projectiles had to have come from the Oakland police. seems quite apparent to me that although they are attempting to distance themselves from the actions of the Oakland P.D. they aren't saying it wasn't the police at all.

The initial claims made by PWS was an Oakland Pd officer fired a rubber bullet int o the crowd, hitting the MArine. The Chief went on record stating that their department has not and does not use rubber bullets or anything similar. Other agencies however do, and there was initial confusion as to what agencies were involved and what they are equipped with.

When the rubber bullet disclosure was made, the item changed from a ribber bullet to the flash bangs used. When it was pointed out that the flash bangs dont explode with shrapnal, it was then suggested to be the result of a tear gas canister being fired.

Hence the reason for the investigation and why people should stop the 100 meter rush to judgment. Like anonymous releasing the officers personal info, which anonymous decided to convict using their opeinions and not fact or the law.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Since you seem to be the expert, who shot the person helping the Marine?

Oakland PD doesnt use rubber bullets, anf the officers anonymous are blaming are Oakland officers. Since you guys apparently have all the answers, who fired it?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Its strange how the people on this forum can pick apart almost anything to get to the truth, many ufo videos and strange websites and theorys have been dissected in great detail on this forum, yet it seems with this video which shows nothing hitting him, nothing on the ground near him, no smoke trail from the cannister or anything in the way of actual proof, is almost universally accepted as a factual event without even so much as a doubt of its validity. Nobody has even heard his account of what happened, what if he finally comes to and says he fell and hit his head? Does anybody have any actual hard proof that they can show or link me too? Does anybody even care to find out the truth of what actually happened? There had to be 30 cameras there and nobody has got actual hard evidence for anything? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I would like to see this video or any video related to this event put through the same proccess that every other claims is. Any actual hard evidence or links would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think that the sheriffs deptartment is attempting to make sure the blame for the actions are not placed on them. Instead they are covering their backsides and want to make it clear it was other departments that were there. Actually as bad as this has been compared to some of the US protest history the cops reactions have been minimal. One injured or killed person is one too many. However people who think that US police and National Guard won't be more than eager to kill US citizens are in a fantasy world. They have done it many times before and will do it again. The US government has always been nothing more that a bunch of criminal hypocrites. This time the difference is the whole world is watching.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

That's it, that's the mask the little creeps wear. They throw rocks and bottles at the Police and then make videos where they lie about what happened. Even those who side with them and lie for them know it's true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join