It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you don't own a business in America your part of the statistics"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hey there ATSers. Just now I recalled something that didn't sit well with me that happened last Friday. I was attending my Math 082 class and my teacher was talking about business. We had a long discussion on how to make money and what you could possibly do(Ex: He explained how one of his former students gained a good amount of money by selling bottled water. After that he said that "If you don't own a business in America your part of the statistics; a nobody" I feel that in this day in age this is quite true to some degree.

So guys what's your opinion on this?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wonder if he'll still say that after the proles revolt.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

If you don't own a business your a nobody?? How rude. Some people are not meant to be business owners, just like some are not meant to be lawyers and doctors. So since he is a teacher, then he is a nobody??

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I own a business and let me tell you it ain't all it's cracked up to be. I get to work 80+ hours a week for no guaranteed amount of $. I get to deal with angry people above and below my position. I get taxed like theres no tomorrow. and god forbid you are ever late with a payment... good grief!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The proletariats have always been seen as nobodies. They aren't seen as people by the bourgeoisie, they are seen as statistics that are used to aid production.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
The proletariats have always been seen as nobodies. They aren't seen as people by the bourgeoisie, they are seen as statistics that are used to aid production.

Pretty much, we've always been cogs in the wheel to those in power.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Incorrect. A nobody can own a business as well. In addition a business is also part of the statistics.

However, you post this in shock like you are scared or something. You could keep this attitude as stay as you are or plan to own a business.

Trouble is it takes work to have a business and not all businesses succeed.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Guess what? I own a business and I'm still a nobody. Between the government having their hand deep in my wallet and suppliers hiking wholesale prices far beyond what I can pass on to my customers, I am going to be a statistic pretty soon.

new topics

top topics

join