It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why OWS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have run across this quote and it is the Answer to all of those who question "WHY OWS?"
It is also in my signature but this is your answer here:

Funny Quote of the Day
Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.
Edward Abbey

BrainyQuote October 31, 2011 Funny quote of the day

Ok so this is how I see it, all the scum is laying at the top, who better to stir the pot than a bunch of everday pot stirrers? Tea Party was ok, but they were not used to stirring the pot really well, When that scum forms on the top, well, it needs vigorous stirring and who better than these people? The ones who know something about stirring a pot real well?
Don't get me wrong I am not putting them down, on the contrary, I agree that you know disruptors are the best at disrupting the status quo...so there ya go, you now have the answer.
Remember when fixing something a few apple carts will have to be knocked over...nature of the beast whether you agree with their protest or not, remember things never change until the pot is stirred briskly!

edit on 1-11-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The single most disruptive act that led to freedom: a bunch of POT STIRRING individuals dressed up as Indians (PC=Native Americans) and got on a boat and STOLE Tea and threw it in the Boston Harbor...that is theft, vandalism and Piracy, because a boat was involved...it led to our freedom as an independant country. Think about that...oh and it also led to violence (revolutionary war):
Revolutionary War

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I like the four tier class structure they had in Feudal Japan how they had merchants at the very bottom.They should be below the more productive peasants and artisans,Samurai knew that bankers were parasitic scum.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Even the Christians knew bankers were scum:

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Proverbs 22:7
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

bible verses about money

But they'll stand here and tout the glories of the bankers.

new topics

top topics

join