It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found. The tree of knowledge of good and evil.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

. . the reliance of the NT's references and claims on the OT it acknowledges without dispute or suggestion that the god referenced in it was a wicked critter they no longer acknowledged as theirs.
Pray for God to remove your blindness so you can see those things and understand.
Holding onto evil for the sake of what you fantasize as good is not the best course for one who has as their goal their oneness with Christ. All evil must be purged and to cling to a name other than Jesus is the thing holding you back from accepting the truth Jesus has to offer. Jesus said, let the dead bury the dead.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I only see one good God from start to finish and from all eternity past and into all eternity future. A few verses. -

Mr 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Mr 12:33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Mr 12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

1Ki 4:29 ¶ And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.

Wisdom is from God and I believe you will find another name of Christ.

God was never and ever will be anything but good, follow him, it is the safe and right path that few find. Sibbs

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Greatest I am

As an alien, he should be rejected as man's prime example.
Man should lead men. Not some klingon or Ferengy.

When the example is a good one, as in the case of the teachings of Christ (or Gandhi, MLK, or any such other of wisdom), I'll follow it regardless. The example of man in general, however, has let me down time and time again.

Do you not think it immoral to line up to try to profit from his murder?
God set all the conditions for his death and I call that murder and here you are trying to profit from a horrendous and immoral act. Tsk tsk. Shame on you.

Funny, that...I thought it was the jewish and roman leadership who set the conditions for his death (and, you could make the argument, merely god who foresaw it and used it for the accomplishing of his will).

Do I feel it's immoral to accept a gift that has been offered, or that has been bought at a hard price? Of course not. As far as judging the morality of such a thing, refer back to the scientist example above. We fumble in the dark to understand what is moral or not, and ants could judge the morality of almost any human activity in error in light of their perspective and awareness of greater things beyond their scope.

Take care.

Seriously?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Join the line on the right. It is the one for those without morals who would try to profit from the murder of an innocent man while the guilty walk and while you completely ignore scriptures.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sibbs
I only see one good God from start to finish and from all eternity past and into all eternity future. A few verses. -

Mr 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Mr 12:33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Mr 12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

1Ki 4:29 ¶ And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.

Wisdom is from God and I believe you will find another name of Christ.

God was never and ever will be anything but good, follow him, it is the safe and right path that few find. Sibbs

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

IF God didn't write the bible how exactly does he deserve to be put on trial?

Either way im going to have to watch that movie...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

You seem to be quite good at asking inane questions.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Jesus Christ is the tree of life.

The other tree of the duality leads to destruction.

Having studied the Kabbala, the Ancient Jewish Mystic System, no, Jesus is not the Tree of Life.

The Tree of Life. Tree of Sephirot. Tree of Books. Sepher in Hebrew means book or number.

The Tree of life is an important part of the Qabala (Kaballah). Its origin lies in Egypt some 3000 years B.C. It was further developed by Jewish mystics between 100 and 600 AD and more thoroughly written between 1280 and 1286 by Moses ben Shem Tov de Leon in Guadalajara, Spain.

The Qabala originated in Judaism, but has been adapted to numerous other religious systems. There was the mystic Jacob Boehme (1575-1624), whose writings influenced the nineteenth-century magicians, who led the Golden Dawn, which became known as the "Western Mystery tradition".

Qabala is a system of thought, a way to correlate a variety of archetypes, each symbolizing a different aspect of living. Psychology, Tarot, Astrology, Mythology, Theosophy, Dreamworking, Numerology, Poetry and Geometry all harmonize in the Tree of Life.

The Tree is a map of personal energies and thought. It is a way to bring balance and harmony into life. In the sephirot one can see, where imbalances have developed and can do "patchwork" or active imagination" rituals and exercises to bring balance.

Qabala is relatively new, though the notion, that it is a reconstruction of the lost knowledge of the ancients adds to its appeal. Some say the 10 commandments given to Moses on Mount Sinai are the same 10 sephirot in the Tree of Life. Egypt is also included in the patronage.
source

Why do some always attach the name "Jesus" to everything claimed by Christianity as their own? Most of Christianity's rituals and customs came from earlier Pagan ways and customs. The Kabbala came into being many years before Jesus was supposedly born.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Regards
DL

No worse then you posting videos as replies...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Regards
DL

They contain information. Your inane questions do not. Like right here.
That is why I generally ignore you.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Regards
DL

They contain information. Your inane questions do not. Like right here.
That is why I generally ignore you.

Regards
DL

So does everything else... Information is quite abundant.

Posting videos as replies usually means no research has been done.

So you can ignore whatever or who ever you like, but i've told you before... Theres better sources of information then Youtube. Clearly thats where you get the bulk of your information...

try reading something instead of watching another persons opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Your usual inane crap.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join