It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Syrians Are Calling for a No-Fly Zone—Should We Take it Seriously?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

More Syrians Are Calling for a No-Fly Zone—Should We Take it Seriously?

www.theat lantic.com

Last week, Syrian opposition activists agreed on the theme of their customary end-of-week protests: "No-Fly Zone Friday." However, protests on the streets throughout Syria were less clear-cut in their demands. Protestors in Homs shouted to the international community, "God, Syria, we want a no-fly zone," while others in Damascus chanted, "people want a ban on flying." Some signs in Homs read, "A no-fly zone is a legitimate demand for Homs," or simply depicted the universal symbol of a plane wi...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No way, if Europe and the Arab states wanted this so bad, then let them pay for their own; not us this time having to pull the weight. Even that Obama already sending our taxpayer money to the straining EU economy already. Heck, none of them were killed by the use of air-power already,

Unlike the no-fly zones over Bosnia and no-fly zones over Iraq, this one is hardly used the aircraft in which Syria regime government did not do.

Libya just got their own freedom already.

www.theat lantic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Paulioetc15

Nah, I doubt they want NATO bombing them and nation building..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Doesnt matter-NATO made a formal announcment today stating there would be in no way any military involvement in Syria.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Doesnt matter-NATO made a formal announcment today stating there would be in no way any military involvement in Syria.

I suppose that answers the question of how much oil they have. Not apparently enough to make it worth while.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

There's always the reconstruction projects. If we create enough destruction there are sure to be some lucrative deals for our corporations to be involved in the reconstruction of Syria's infrastructure. Would also be worth replacing Bashar al-Assad with a new puppet to sell our arms to, should there be more protests under the new regime. I think these would be considered grounds for war nowadays.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I guess but look at the world now, we are broke and we can't afford to go on a military operation anymore. Hence we pulling out of the Iraq in 2011 and Afghanistan in 2014.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

the source is corporate propaganda media.Not credible considering the opposition is sharia loving muslim brotherhood.

If you support Al Qaeda and sharia ,rot in hell

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As soon as the US heeds the call from people who need saving, we will once again be evil.

I say let them get slaughtered by their own government.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You support muslim brotherhood??you support sharia? are you an islamist?? Do you want to slaughter the infidels??You support Al Qaeda??

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Nope not at all.

I'm just saying that a lot of the time, when someone does ask for help we're still evil anyway.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

these opposition are murderous islamists.what usa deliberately creates problems ,which is why you are evil.

fact. And this is a very subtle post.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

I don't support Islamists. Neither does the US generally speaking.

Do we cause problems sometimes? You bet. But that doesn't make the US, or myself, evil.

top topics

join