It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Data Confirming Hot Particles in the US.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Washington, DC - October 31, 2011 – Today Scientist Marco Kaltofen of Worchester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) presented his analysis of radioactive isotopic releases from the Fukushima accidents at the annual meeting of the American Public Health Association (APHA). Mr. Kaltofen’s analysis confirms the detection of hot particles in the US and the extensive airborne and ground contamination in northern Japan due to the four nuclear power plant accidents at TEPCO’s Fukushima reactors. Fairewinds believes that this is a personal health issue in Japan and a public health issue in the United States and Canada.

TRANSCRIPT:

Hi, I'm Arnie Gundersen from Fairewinds.

It is October 31st, 2011. This is a video that contains scientific information that we have been wanting to share with you for a long time. Today, in Washington D.C. at 8:30 in the morning, scientist Marco Kaltofen gave a presentation to some doctors who are part of the American Public Health Association. The paper is now on our website, next to this video.

To summarize the paper, citizens, some doctors and scientists, some bloggers, some farmers, around the world provided samples to Mr. Kaltofen who analyzed them for Fukushima radiation. An example of what he found is a slide that contains air filters from cars in Japan and in the United States. Cars in the United States hardly have any radiation in their air filters. Cars in Tokyo had quite a lot, way too much. Cars in Fukushima Prefecture were incredibly radioactive.

Now I think it is important because the nuclear industry will say, well everything is radioactive and therefore we should not worry. Well, the Seattle data shows that not everything is radioactive. And it shows that the people in Japan received enormous exposures of particles into their lungs and into their digestive systems, during the course of the accident.

Another piece of information is that Fairewinds viewers were able to send in children's shoes from Japan. Mr. Kaltofen has data that clearly show that the concentration of cesium on the kid's shoelaces was astronomically high, around 80 disintegrations per second. What does that mean? Kids tie their shoes, their hands get radioactive and it goes into their G.I. tract. If it is on the ground, it is in the dust in the playground and it is in their lungs. I think that between the two, the air filters and the children's shoes, it shows that there is a severe personal health problem in Japan that will manifest itself in cancers over the next 10 or 20 years.

Now Mr. Kaltofen did not just look at Japan. He set up monitoring stations in the United States as well. Two of the three monitoring stations in the United States did show hot particles in the air in April. Since then, there have not been any hot particles. But in April, it is clear that, at the worst of the accident, hot particles were wafted across the Pacific and deposited in Seattle and in Boston at least. There is also data that indicates contamination on the ground in the Cascades, which are a mountain range right up against the Pacific Ocean.

So I think we have two problems here. In Japan, there is a personal health issue and what that means is that individuals have received enough radiation that there is going to be a statistically meaningful increase in cancers in Tokyo and especially in Fukushima Prefecture.

In the United States, it is a different story. It is a public health issue and not a personal health issue. What that means is that we will never know who is the individual who got cancer from Fukushima. But we can be sure that the radiation did reach here and that there will be an increase in cancers, especially on the West Coast where the Rocky Mountains stopped most of the radiation and deposited it on the ground.

So, this paper was given to the American Public Health Association. And here it is a public health issue. We cannot run and we cannot hide. But the radiation is up and down the West Coast and then also scattered about the rest of the United States.

In Japan, it is a different story. They need to aggressively go after the contamination that has been discovered. It is so obvious on these air filters and on children's shoes. It takes a concerted national effort, not a haphazard effort of chasing hot spots, in order to reduce the amount of radioactivity that is on the soil and in the air in Japan right now.

And the last thing the paper shows is that it is wrong to have a 10 mile evacuation planning zone. Clearly, the damage can extend out as far as Tokyo. We need to look at emergency planning and evacuations well beyond the 10 miles that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission uses here and the 12 miles that the Japanese used during the accident. You may recall that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said that Americans needed to evacuate 50 miles from Fukushima at the peak of the accident. Well, if it is good enough for Americans living in Japan, that same criteria should be good enough for Americans living in the United States.

The data in Mr. Kaltofen's paper came from citizens. It came from farmers. It came from scientists. It came from bloggers. It was an effort by individuals and not government. I think if we had relied on the government to get us this information, we never would have gotten it. So it is an important achievement for all of us, to recognize that together, using the internet, we can all provide information for scientists to use, to come to rational decisions on public policy.

This November we are asking for your support so we can continue our scientific analysis and these educational videos. There is a donate button on the Fairewinds site and we would appreciate it if you considered a financial contribution.

Thank you very much. We will keep you informed.

Source.

Good gawd.

And 'they' said it wouldn't ever get here.

But what is happening there is even worse than most imagined....

Some scary stuff in this analysis.
edit on 1-11-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Can you post your link.......

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
One of the juicy layers of doom cake. We are getting epic levels of radiation and we're dying of cancers and diseases they don't have names for. Maybe they never will with the way things are headed.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Can you post your link.......

Source.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Ohhhhh........much better intro OP.............All you had to say its ole Arnie Gunderson.......S&F

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Here is the source presentation:

Monday, October 31, 2011: 8:30 AM

Marco Kaltofen, PE , Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA

The Fukushima nuclear accident dispersed airborne dusts that are contaminated with radioactive particles. When inhaled or ingested, these particles can have negative effects on human health that are different from those caused by exposure to external or uniform radiation fields. A field sampling effort was undertaken to characterize the form and concentration of radionuclides in the air and in environmental media which can accumulate fallout. Samples included settled dusts, surface wipes, used filter masks, used air filters, dusty footwear, and surface soils. Particles were collected from used motor vehicle air filters and standard 0.45 micron membrane air filters. Soils and settled dusts were collected from outdoor surfaces, interior surfaces, and from used children's shoes. The Japanese filters contained cesium 134 and 137, as well as cobalt 60 at levels as high as 3 nCi total activity per sample. Materials collected during April 2011 from Japan also contained Iodine 131. This short-lived nuclide was not observed in later samples. US air filter and dusts samples did not contain hot particles, except for air samples collected from Seattle, WA during the month of April 2011. The samples of Japanese children's shoes were found to have relatively high radiocesium contamination levels. Isolated US soil samples contained up to 8 nanoCuries per Kg of radiocesium, while control samples showed no detectable radiocesium. Dusts containing radioactive cesium were found at levels orders of magnitude above background more than 100 miles from the accident site, and were detectable on the US west coast.

Link.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Its been my fear all along concerning "food" coming out of the West Coast..........

Now we have data supporting my fear............

If there ever has been a time to start growing your own food is now.............

edit on 1-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
MORE:

University Researcher: U.S. topsoil with up to 8,000 pCi/kg of cesium from Fukushima — Over 10,000% higher than highest levels found by UC Berkeley

Monday morning in Washington D.C., Marco Kaltofen, PE, of the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts, discussed current issues concerning radiation exposure in Japan.

Kaltofen is a Massachusetts Registered Professional Engineer engaged in the investigation of nuclear material release. He investigated the transport of radioactive particles in his dissertation research at WPI.

Here are excerpts from the description for his presentation, ‘Radiation Exposure to the Population in Japan After the Earthquake’:

“The Fukushima nuclear accident dispersed airborne dusts that are contaminated with radioactive particles. When inhaled or ingested, these particles can have negative effects on human health that are different from those caused by exposure to external or uniform radiation fields.”
“A field sampling effort was undertaken to characterize the form and concentration of radionuclides in the air and in environmental media which can accumulate fallout. Samples included settled dusts, surface wipes, used filter masks, used air filters, dusty footwear, and surface soils.”
“Isolated US soil samples contained up to 8 nanoCuries per Kg of radiocesium, while control samples showed no detectable radiocesium.”

Read More: Radiation Exposure to the Population in Japan After the Earthquake

According to UC Berkeley, the highest cesium content in topsoil for each location sampled was fairly consistent throughout California:

Sacramento, CA Topsoil on 8/16/2011: Total Cesium @ 2.737 Bq/kg
Oakland, CA Topsoil on 9/8/2011: Total Cesium @ 2.55 Bq/kg
Alameda, CA Topsoil on 4/6/2011: Total Cesium @ 2.52 Bq/kg
San Diego, CA Topsoil on 6/29/2011: Total Cesium @ 2.51 Bq/kg
Sonoma, CA Topsoil on 4/27/2011: Total Cesium @ 2.252 Bq/kg

The highest cesium levels of any topsoil measurements by UC Berkeley since the crisis began was 2.737 becquerels/kg in Sacramento. This is is equal to 73.9 picocuries/kg. (Conversion: 27 picocuries = 1 becquerel)

According to Kaltofen, the highest cesium levels detected in U.S. “surface soil” were up to 8 nanoCuries per Kg of radiocesium. This is equal to 8,000 picocuries/kg. (Conversion: 1 nanocurie = 1,000 picocuries)

Kaltofen’s highest findings were up to 108 times greater than the highest findings by UC Berkeley.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here are Marco Kaltofen's actual presentation slides.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It is an interesting video. I have no idea how legimate the organisation is or if it can be trusted. I do believe that Japan has a major catastrophe on its hands and now everybody has moved on and doesn't want to know anymore.

Its very poor that he just asks for a contribution at the end of the video and gives very little explanation of what this money is required for or how it would be used. Thats very poor and certainly would set alarm bells ringing. He mentions he needs it to keep these educational videos going. Since when did it cost money to upload videos onto the internet and have them across many different sites.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Again great job bring Fairewinds back to front lines here on ATS........

I stated yesterday on the Entire West Coast Hit Hard by Radiation!! Fukushima thread that this needs to be the TOP story here on ATS.........compared to many of the ofher topics being chased by members.....

California is a major food producer............

Life will have to change for all families or generations will be lost.......

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

If you don’t know who Fairewinds & Associates is by now, you must have been getting all of your news from the MSM……..and even there his organization has been interviewed several times over the past few months…………….

Do your research before you question his authority………………He has been the only one “shooting” straight ringing the alarm bells..........

Do you think they will just let anybody in Washington to make a presentation of this magniatude?

As they "say" ... "Com' On Man"

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hey I should go dig up all those posts from all the discredited members claiming this would never happen.
But that would take up 10,000 pages of posts, because it was a wide-spread media induced delusion that they were promoting.

Here is what they will be saying now:

1) Hot particles are good for you and improve your health.
2) Hot particles do not effect the human body.

Let's see...what else...hmmm...

3) This is all a fear-mongering hoax by the coal industry to take out it's competitor.
4) It's a hoax by the devil to spread fear and negative emotions.

Or whatever.
I am sure I can come up with more ludicrous possible excuses if I really think about it.

How about I just let the nay-sayers come and present their faulty conclusions and I can pick them apart manually?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

If you don’t know who Fairewinds & Associates is by now, you must have been getting all of your news from the MSM……..and even there his organization has been interviewed several times over the past few months…………….

Do your research before you question his authority………………He has been the only one “shooting” straight ringing the alarm bells..........

Do you think they will just let anybody in Washington to make a presentation of this magniatude?

As they "say" ... "Com' On Man"

I have heard of them on many occasions. I have no idea if they are trustworthy.

You ask 'DO you think they will let just anybody in Washington to make a presentation of this magniatude? This question does not make any sense?????

Anyone can go to Washington and make a presentation to anyone who wants to listen?

Do you think this presentation was made to someone important? When 'Washington' is brought up are people STUPID enough to think these people had an audience in the White House.

You ask me to do my research. Seeing as you have done your research maybe you can tell us who this was presented to in Washington. As far as I can see it was made to 'some doctors'
Care to explain???

Also I brought up that it was worrying that he is asking for donations so more videos can be uploaded on the internet. I pointed out that it does not cost any money to upload videos across many sites on the interent. Why did you completely ignore this point???

We have been presented with a video requesting monetary donations with very little views and immediately people instead of discussion the points raised are stating how wonderful Fairwinds and Arnie are. The video and the sudden appearance of positive comments for the Site and Arnie come across as a marketing campaign.
edit on 1-11-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
LOL!!
We in Kalifornia are gonna die!!!
We better move to florida!
Just out of curiosity, how them Japanese doing anyway?
No massive die offs, no?
Oh they will die in 60 or 70 years? ok.
Get back to me when there is news.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
LOL!!
We in Kalifornia are gonna die!!!
We better move to florida!
Just out of curiosity, how them Japanese doing anyway?
No massive die offs, no?
Oh they will die in 60 or 70 years? ok.
Get back to me when there is news.

And that sort of brain necrosis is exactly what you show...
You really deserve whatever you get...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I have heard of them on many occasions. I have no idea if they are trustworthy.

I guess you have three choices then:

1. Listen to the EPA / Gov. and their results
2. Listen to the MSM which provides “NO” information
3. Listen to Fairewinds which composed an independent study (non-government funded)

As far as who “they” are and question are they “trustworthy”………….Why would you questioned that in a thread at this point in the game? Do you want the OP to do that? Really at this point?

Anyone who has been following this nuclear event knows that this group has been very voice full from the beginning…………

If you “question” this groups intentions and motive…………Do so and back it up with information that would discredit their work……….

Don’t throw out comments that misdirect the content of the thread………..

Lets discuss the data being presented and if there are any precautions we can make for those of us living in North America…………

In closing, if you find some information to discredit Fairewinds……..please bring it forward……..

But I think we need to talk about the data and what it means……….

edit on 1-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

You pick out one line and build a reply around that? Pathetic.

Why have you not addressed any other points I have made?

Who exactly was the presentation made to ? and why are the looking for money to post videos?

They really are very simple questions.

Questions you don't seem to know the answers to.

You just want to move on and completely ignore these points I have raised.

This simply raises more suspicion.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

In closing, if you find some information to discredit Fairewinds……..please bring it forward……..

editby]edit on 1-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

well there does seem to be pleanty on them, for example ;;

"Arnie Gundersen has been making money by spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt about nuclear energy for more than a decade. His career has received a measurable boost since March 11, when a large earthquake and powerful tsunami successfully peeled off most of the many layers of protection at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station.

Ever since that day, Gundersen has been giving scary interviews in a variety of media outlets that include a number of dire predictions. He claimed that the spent fuel pool for unit 4 had gone dry and that he had the video to prove it. That claim remains available on his web site, so he is apparently standing by his early evaluation despite all evidence that contradicts his claim.

He has been working with a PR firm to create a series of popular YouTube videos that build on his decade or more as a classroom teacher and as a former nuclear services salesman – he looks so calm, studious and trustworthy as he uses a variety of visual aids to convince his viewers of the provably false statement that Fukushima was worse than Chernobyl."

from

atomicinsights.com...

Is Arnie Gundersen Devious or Dumb? (Or is He Simply a Professional Fear-Monger?)
atomicinsights.com...

there does seem to be plenty of articles out there on the net which don't paint a very good picture of Arnie and Fairewinds

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Is it the OP’s or posters place to answer claims of creditability concerning Fairewinds at this point in the game?

If you feel that everyone here on ATS needs to consider their creditability……………Then do the research and bring forward the information that would discredit their data…………

Don’t ask the OP or another poster who have been following Fairewinds throughout this event to provide their creditability......

Do it yourself……….Google is your friend (for now) or the search button here on ATS.......

If you want to start a thread concerning the creditability of Fairewinds then please by all means do so……..And I might just pop in and post a few comments………

This thread graciously started by the OP is about the data…………..

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join