It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World to be hit by more weather disasters, scientists say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sign of the times... sign of the times.

(*Source*)

This article kind of puts everything on a 'Century' based timeline, but with every new climate report, comes an increasing rate in speed. Interesting read, thought I'd share it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
And there will be more earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, wars, etc.

It doesn't take a science degree to figure this much out.

Can I have a million dollars to do my research please?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Haha, one-million and a Nobel Prize sounds like a good deal for using a little common sense.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Weird found this in your sorce

And global warming isn't the sole villain in future climate disasters, the climate report says. An even bigger problem will be the number of people — especially the poor — who live in harm's way.

Did they just call poor people villains ?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hmm.

NASA just launched a new "weather satellite"..

www.thirdage.com...
edit on 1-11-2011 by ProphetOfZeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Natural disasters are a good thing. Can you imagine what the world would be like with no earthquakes, floods, bad weather, volcanoes, etc? You don't have to imagine. Look at Mars, the Moon, and any other planet whose core has solidified. I guess you could call it world peace. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that in the past there were weather events that dwarf anything the human race has ever seen. Last I knew, weather forecasts were only considered accurate for four hours. After that it's just an educated guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Judgement Day is coming i guess.....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
Weird found this in your sorce

And global warming isn't the sole villain in future climate disasters, the climate report says. An even bigger problem will be the number of people — especially the poor — who live in harm's way.

Did they just call poor people villains ?

Yes.

It suggests there is another villain, than supplies poor people within the next sentence.

It does attempt to hide this by saying "living in harms way", as a mental maneuver to distract the brain from realizing it actually is attempting to plant this little seed, that poor people will cause future hurricanes.

edit on 1-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
why would the weather not be changing?? Of course its going to be after all these years of change in the world.

I mean earth used to be a big fire ball and then it was an ice ball so why not think that its very gradually slowly changing again.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thats what I thought I could not help but think it was a plant. They try to work it in any chance they get. Well I am poor guys but I will try not to make bad weather disasters wish me luck.

When I first read that I went are they trying to say poor people are worse than global warming. It was a big wtf moment. Just goes to show the people complaining about class warfare arn't crazy.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

How dare they "get more information" about the weather!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfZeal
Hmm.

NASA just launched a new "weather satellite"..

www.thirdage.com...
edit on 1-11-2011 by ProphetOfZeal because: (no reason given)

They need to massage the data some more over at NASA? The ice supposedly melting in Antartica was their foobar. Yes, ice melted in the Arctic but despite efforts to say otherwise in the media regions like England and Europe did experience cooling and we see the early snow storms setting records for when they happened here in the US.

This is all due to magnetic fields on the sun combined with our weakened mag/field here on Earth IMHO. The HAARP scientist we should by now all know about, have a bigger chance of being influential to all things in our current atmosphere than Carbon. I am certain of that if only on the CO CO2 compounds part alone. Foul weather may be much easier to pick if you can monitor frequencies that are known to excite the upper atmosphere to produce pressure differences in regional locations. Tesla's devices were said to have caused quakes and I believe they did. We have NASA trying to monitor weather more effeciently now. Maybe we CAN get good unaltered or otherwise politicized data. I feel any increased warming will pale in comparsison to the era's gone by when Dino's roamed and would certainly be energy that can be harnessed to feed the planet.

However, we might need it to get warm somehow. I predict volcanic winter because of the Sun's affect to the Earth's magnetic field.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Finally, there's some acknowledgemnet that things ain't how they oughta....
Looks like they've been reading ATS threads.
Unfortunately, this sort of announcement doesn't come cheaply - methinks the Carbon Tax or anoter ridiculous legislation will be tacked on to it.
After all, what happens in the universe is always our (read"poor people's) fault.

I'm still waiting until they HAVE to admit what's causing it.
My betting is still on the Local Interstellar Cloud.
Either that or an external influence with a penchant for gamma rays.
Something wicked this way comes....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yeah i agree the weather changed a lot since the past 5 years in israel we are having less rain and the weather is turning more hot day after day .
And in the earthquakes are hitting more palces in the earth something bad gonna happen soon but i don't know what is it

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
And yet I am still arguing with people that claim the weather hasn't changed, it's just that we have more media coverage now...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

yeah thats true but you can feel that the weather has changed and it is not like before it has changed and it is still changing and the earthquakes and floods are getting more stronger i guess

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by darksmasher99
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

yeah thats true but you can feel that the weather has changed and it is not like before it has changed and it is still changing and the earthquakes and floods are getting more stronger i guess

I agree. The weather is completely random and bizzare and weather related events have become bigger, more intense and happening more often (my opinion). The other day my brother-in-law and I were discussing the fact that now when we hear of a huge earthquake somewhere in the world it barely effects us anymore. It just seems normal now.

But some people like to be in denial, they don't like to feel like something is out of their control... like the weather. If they go around thinking everything is normal just like it's always been, they feel all safe and warm and fuzzy inside

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It is easy to see the changes are normal. Every instance someone comes up with sounds like: 'it is the first time this (name an event) has happened, since (the last time it happened)'. We live on a 4.x billion year old planet that is constantly changing. For the future of mankind we better quit worrying about how to stop it and figure out how to adapt. Otherwise we will go the way of the dinosaurs sooner than we think.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

the future of mankind we better quit worrying about how to stop it and figure out how to adapt.

Exactly!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There is real strong industrial pollution and rape of our planet.. However this is not climate change due to pollution, and many of know that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join