It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya taps engineer who lived in U.S. for decades as interim leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Source CNN

Libya's transitional government picked an engineering professor and longtime exile as its acting prime minister Monday, with the new leader pledging to respect human rights and international law.

He is currently listed as "former faculty" on the website of The Petroleum Institute, which said he served as chairman of its electrical engineering department and lists him as an expert in power system economics, planning and controls.

But in response to questions about allegations of human rights abuses by the revolutionary forces that toppled longtime strongman Moammar GGadhafi, El-Keib said Libyans needed time to sort things out.

Like i said before here on ATS Libya will have a leader who will be a puppet which the west and america can trust to steal the oil and wealth out of libyans completely.

What better of doing then by selecting and bringing back a exiled Libyan who now is more of an American then Libyan? you can bet America wont have any problems with Prime Minister Abdurrahim El-Keib.

Why bother of having elections and democracy knowing that Abdurrahim El-Keib would win two terms anyway?

just look at the current greek prime minster George Papandreou he was relected twice even though the greek economy stinks lets look at his short bio.

He was born George Papandreou in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States, where his father, Andreas Papandreou, held a university post. His mother is American-born Margaret Papandreou, née Chant. He was educated at schools in Toronto (King City Secondary School), at Amherst College in Massachusetts, Stockholm University, the London School of Economics and Harvard University. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from Amherst and a Μaster's degree in sociology from the LSE. He was a researcher in immigration issues at Stockholm University in 1972–73. He was also a Fellow of the Foreign Relations Center of Harvard University in 1992–93.

Papandreou's father studied and worked as professor of Economics from 1939 to 1959. His paternal grandfather, the elder George Papandreou, was three times Prime Minister of Greece.

With this i guess all and every other puppets in europe and now in Libya are all the same.

longtime strongman Moammar GGadhafi,

Oh boy talk about bad writing skills this writter didnt writer Gadhafi name right :@@ i guess the writer was in the rush to put out the article.

The comments here were interesting to

Why have Reuters, BBC and Fox all reported that the new Libyan government has professed that it has chosen to install Sharia law as the basis of their legal system but CNN hasn't mentioned a word of it? Here comes another Islamic theocracy.

Just like Panama. Americans write the constitution to suite their needs. The take over is complete.

Looks like Libya will be like Iraq, ATS take your picks will Libya be the new Iraq or afghanistan?.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

With links to the Oil Industry...

Well what a surprise..

I'm sure it will pop up that he also has links to the Financial Industry shortly.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Moammar Gadhafi was a good man and was murdered....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Tyranny in your face, and yet, it continues on. Sickens me.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
hope he remembers how america treats its puppets should they outlive their usefulness or get ideas of their own...
And the show goes on...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This must be a great day for the Libyan Tea Party they finally got a oil based economist into power who will lead "his" people into a hundred years of poverty and debt.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Libya is an Oil producer - why shouldn't they have someone who is or understands the oil biz ? Only in America do we elect or appoint leaders with no credentials other than a deep pocket finaced campaign

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Like i said before here on ATS Libya will have a leader who will be a puppet which the west and america can trust to steal the oil and wealth out of libyans completely.

What better of doing then by selecting and bringing back a exiled Libyan who now is more of an American then Libyan? you can bet America wont have any problems with Prime Minister Abdurrahim El-Keib.

Why bother of having elections and democracy knowing that Abdurrahim El-Keib would win two terms anyway?

The Purrrfect choice !

Understands economics.

Understands infrastructure.

Understands English.

Understands Arabic.

Understands how to transfer wealth resources to London/New York investment vehicles.

Understands how to award contracts to foreign (to Libya) concerns.

I wonder if those Libyan tax code changes from 2010 will be "changed" again.

New Libya Corporate Income Tax - Law No 7 of 2010

Or will it be "short changed"

edit on Nov-01-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
hope he remembers how america treats its puppets should they outlive their usefulness or get ideas of their own...
And the show goes on...

He will get a great salary and benefit package.

With a golden parachute and escape pod.

Just like the Colonel, former CEO of Libya, Inc.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Compare pictures of Abdur Rahim El-Keib to Pedro Carmona.. looks like the same guy.

Carmona was the guy who appointed himself president of Venezuela after the CIA backed coup.

One is Pedro Carmona, the other Keib.. Google image them yourself. (edit add) maybe there are more telling photos.

I'd be hilarious if it was the same dude..

edit on 2-11-2011 by GovtFlu because: added comments

top topics

join