It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of space flight unfolding.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Looks like man is stepping away from the dark ages with stick and stones and moving to the advanced era of space flight and conventional flight... this video really shows how we could possibly travel to the moon very fast and come back without frustration. (not sure if anyone here saw this video) its quite old.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

This whole concept seems quite silly. I see little relationship with what his toy does in regard to the complex nature of propulsion the CG video shows us. The toy has no direct relevance to the complex manner of propulsion envisioned for proposed spacecraft.

I am not anti-science, but this is waste of governmental resources (physical, money and wet). Those guys need a real job.

The only interesting thing about the video is the comment from the narrator that the propulsion for the toy is an old, out-dated "Star Wars laser that is so powerful that it "could cripple a satellite if accidently hit." And here these guys are playing with it. --What does that tell you about our present capabilities in that area?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
The only interesting thing about the video is the comment from the narrator that the propulsion for the toy is an old, out-dated "Star Wars laser that is so powerful that it "could cripple a satellite if accidently hit." And here these guys are playing with it. --What does that tell you about our present capabilities in that area?

Yeah, why don't you say what it tells us?

Because all I see is massive defense spending budgets with very little put towards space programs these days.

And you can talk about how we have all kinds of secret technology. Well guess what? We don't. Those who do are a pretty exclusive club and, in the words of George Carlin, "we ain't in it".

-----

I wrote a paper on building a space elevator once. One of the popular concepts for fueling the ascent of vehicles up the tether is also by means of using infrared lasers targeting solar panels on the vehicle. This video outlines the same principal but in much more free operating system (a vehicle on a tether vs a vehicle powered by a satalite). Pretty interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

they are private contractors and that is not a toy.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
they have vasimir..which will be tested in about a year (2013-2014)

join