It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Security Post Apocalypse? (D&G)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"Hi!

Welcome to Fantastic Foetus Farms!

This is our Show Room East, please, take a walk around and browse, and when you are ready to speak to a sales associate, just see our secretary, Midge." A soft, pleasant voice informed the couple upon entering the building. To both sides of them, were wall wells, each filled with globes of various colors and designs. Inside each globe, floated a human fetus. The man put his arm around the woman, and he gently guided her towards the left row, and the voice once again piped in from the speakers.

"This is our current selection of male fetii. When you see a fetus you would like to purchase, please alert our secretary, Midge, for further assistance."

"Aww, look, Joe, he has hair already! So adorable!" gushed the woman. The man smiled, and they continued browsing.

"Let's go look at the girls, now, Joe!"

"Now, Margaret, we discussed this before we even got here. The only way I am agreeing to purchase a fetus for you is if I got to select gender. That was my only stipulation, God knows I will be working until I am eighty to pay for this!" Joe reminded the woman.

"I know, I know! But while we are here, I promised Karron I would look at their selection of females. I promised, Joe."

"All right, you go ahead, I will keep browsing for our own purchase. Make it fast, Karron's husband can afford to take her browsing if getting a female is so important to her."

The woman scurried to the female side of the showroom, and Joe turned back to the males. He was startled when the voice activated again.

"Today only, must make room for our new models, we are running a fifty percent discount when fetti are purchased in multiples of two or larger. Please see our secretary Midge for assistance with this Fantastic Offer!"

"Joe! Did you hear that??"

He glanced across the aisle at the woman, who was beaming adoringly at one of the female fetii.

"Yeah, I heard...."

He thought about it.

Well, it would certainly keep her busy while he slaved away at the nine to five every day. And they planned on obtaining a female model eventually, why not cut the cost in half and go ahead and get them both now, take advantage of this offer. Joe was a lot of things, and of course financially conservative was one of those things. He loved a good deal.

"All purchases made with in today's visit to our Show Room East will include basic womb globe packages, at no extra charge. Any upgrades will be discounted by ten percent. For assistance with today's purchase, please see our secretary, Midge."

"Joe, can we please get a girl too, oh I found the one I want, Joe, she is precious!!"

"All right Margaret, you win. Now, let me see which angel you have in mind for us!"

The couple exited the store with two fetii, the boy Joe had chosen, and the girl his wife had chosen. He had upgraded to the twin womb package for the fetii, and he put a ten percent down payment on the purchase. In less than an hour, the happy couple had become a perfect family.

It was the year 2199, approximately thirty years after the global nuclear meltdown had rendered most of the humans on the planet sterile.

The ones who had managed to survive with their fertility intact?

Well, now, they had permanent tenure with Fantastic Foetus Farms Inc, supplying the world with new babies, one fertile ovary and one fertile sperm at a time.

edit on Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:20:16 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hi I’m benji
I’m a tap-dancing mutant
I wasn’t always like this
I was born a normal boy
But now I live in this world of joy!
oh boy.

was a good read thanks.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Very good job, hotbakedtater!!! S&F!

I have no idea why the person above is trolling a short story thread???
Anyway I liked your story!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks for reading!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

One part of me was thinking awesome no more birth pains lol the other part of me was thinking of the wonderful feelings you get when you’re pregnant and the pure joy of it all,
I would want to buy them all, lol I have trouble deciding on what gold fish to buy let alone a baby in a jar.

S&F from me x x x
Love and harmony

Whateva

edit on 2/11/11 by Whateva69 because: doh

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I don't know how I did skip over this one and didn't see it...

I hate shopping. I hate shopping with a passion. No. I despise shopping. So, here I am, drinking my first coffee and what do I read about?

Foetus shopping??

Oooooh...I can picture myself foetus shopping with my ex mother in law.

If she'd shop for babies like she does for everything else, she'd look at males, every single one of them, look at eye color, spend an eternity on hair choices, curly, or straight, perhaps blond, maybe brown, the length of their feet and other attributes, looking for any little mark on their skin, dissect all and every foetus to a t, for hours and hours and then go..."Nah, let's look at females..."

That story was both good and sick. I enjoyed !

S&F.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Son of the sun, thaanks for taking the time to read my story! I am one of those weird females who like you hates shopping. I despise it too. I don't even remember what inspired this little story, but it may have been some kind of clone discussion. I can totally seeing this type of store in our futures, can you?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yeah I can see it too. There will come a time when pregnancies become forbidden as overpopulation will reach critical mass. The filthy greedy rich will most surely avoid the laws and shop at foetus factories...Either that or a termination process a la Logan's Run...for the non filthy greedy rich...

No doubt in my mind. It still makes me sick just to think about it.

edit on 10-11-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

top topics

join