It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pale in Comparison (D&G)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sarah touched the back of her hand to her forehead, not at all surprised to find the oily precursor to what her Mother would have insisted she call an expectant glow. Sarah knew the truth, she felt as if it wouldn’t be too much of an exaggeration to deem it a nervous flop sweat. She heard the whir of the surveillance camera. “They’re zooming in on me...” she thought with mild annoyance. She pretended to scratch her eyebrow and fix her bangs. Without realising she began humming a meaningless tune under her breath.

Click, “The committee is here...” Click. The console built into the large oval table spoke in that smooth, unemotional tone that machines have.

Sarah responded without thinking by standing up and taking a deep breath. She could hear their footsteps on the other side of the door. Then the door latched clacked and swung open to reveal three men and one woman in suits and one man who seemed to be wearing an antique military dress uniform. They exchanged brief, business-like pleasantries and took their seats.

Sarah checked the time and spoke, “We have 17 minutes. Go!”
The military man’s brow furrowed, “We don’t expect the first rocket for 24 minutes.”
“Rocket?”
“That’s what we’re calling them, because of their shape.”
She shook her head, as if to clear it, “I’m going to assume that their intentions are hostile.”
“Ma’am?”
“Not an accident...”
The man in uniform nodded, satisfied.

Sarah leaned forward, folding her hands on the table in front of her. “Look, I know we don’t have the luxury of time. Tell me what it is you all had on your agenda before you walked through that door.”
They looked at each other.
Sarah knocked her wedding ring on the tables’ black glass, as if to wake them up. “Come on!”
The man in uniform spoke first, “We must destroy them immediately.”
The woman in a suit shook her head no, “We don’t know their intentions!”
One of the men in suits, flipping through pages on a touchscreen, “I believe we’re supposed to let them land.”
The military man throws up his hands in disgust, scoffing aloud.

Sarah smiles slightly as she adopts a soothing tone, “I think, even if we were to immediately adopt an offensive stance...” she looked at the soldier, “If we gave them everything we had, there would still be many that got through.”
The man in uniform looked away, defeated.

Sarah stood up. “I think our hand has been dealt to us by this fact: there is no way to stop them all.” She touched a specific spot on the table and after a brief dial tone she spoke, “Prepare my shuttle.” She then addressed them all, “You could have told me nothing while I was on my way.”
The military man stood up, “What are we supposed to do?”
“Nothing,” Sarah was already out the automatic door, “Aim, Hide and Wait.”
President Sarah Palin stepped up to the podium to address the nation. After that, she would meet up with the Alien visitors on behalf of humankind.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Omg the horror Sarah Palin represents all of humanity

*Whateva runs screaming in fear.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Hmmmm. This story made me smile at the end, but I don't know why. Maybe it seems all too plausible....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

*Shudders*

I gave you a flag because the thought of Palin being President is scary! And it's a Halloween story, afterall.
Time for all the witches to come out, I guess.

top topics

join