It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shorter University Requiring Staffers To Reject Homosexuality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I know what your meaning. But i believe its wrong for a christian school to preach what they feel is wrong and not part of there belief system. What gets me is all these Christians judge people based on what there religion says is right and wrong yet there priest are child predators and molesters. I am christian and believe in god, and thats it. I don't follow any belief systems or the bible as they are all corrupt and don't benefit humanity. Tell them to convince there priest to be straight before they make silly laws.

Priests are the Catholic church. This college is Southern Baptist. BIG difference.

I agree with the non-judging part. We all fall short of the grace of God.

My only point is that I think they have the right to mandate certain behavior in line with their beliefs. I do not share all of the same beliefs, although I am a Christian. I love God, but don't condemn people...not my job.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

There are MANY gay christians such as myself.

Not that I would want to be surrounded by that kind of hate, but you know, some people are into S&M.

My brother is a gay Christian. I love him very much, and do not judge his lifestyle. I just personally wouldn't think he would be a good fit for Shorter College.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it could be a case of possible discrimination and an employer judging applicants based on private matters not really relevant to the job. On the other hand, I dont support government interfering in private bussiness matters too much. A balance needs to be found.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

It should be no surprise that religion is against sin? It should not shock anyone that a true Christian church frowns on the doing of any of the things that the bible teaches as sin. The word repent means to turn from sin.
However Jesus in many examples hung around with sinners... he did not compromise his words or actions and told people what they were doing was sin but he also went among them and taught them about God.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Sure, they're well within their rights, and far be it from me to deny them that, but what they are doing is disgusting.

There sure is a lot of sad news coming out of Georgia lately.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join